Butcher's Son.

ForeverAndEver

12 minutes ago, 10pshortof17pound said:

Not an Internet sort of connected guy either. Usually wouldn't even give the RIP - in this case I will - RFC, you react when you see, not to join in with the crowd - that'll do me - RIP young Butcher - gone but definitely never forgotten.

Aye mate just seen it on the sun site and had a quick look and couldn't see it 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Horrible thing to happen for any family condolences to Butcher.

I often wonder what has changed these days when you consider the number of young men who fought in both the World wars and probably experienced far more horrors yet managed to get on with their lives without any help or mental issues.

While this thread is possibly not the place to discuss this I suspect that the lack of care has always existed but issues like PTSD are now recognised and were not then - and not ever soldier gets affected the same. Tragic whether it happened happened in the past or now.

10 hours ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

I think Terry might like that. It might help the family in a way.

Might be a painful reminder to him that the club he was a captain for is the ONLY British club left that has a genuine love and respect for our armed services and to change the way he looks at us.

A nice banner with his sons name ala Lee Rigby style for the cup semi would be well received I think.

RIP Sir you gave your all for us

13 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Horrible thing to happen for any family condolences to Butcher.

I often wonder what has changed these days when you consider the number of young men who fought in both the World wars and probably experienced far more horrors yet managed to get on with their lives without any help or mental issues.

It is a different world. After the world wars men could go down the pub and self medicate, talk to other men who had been through the mangle and understood. I was at the battle of such and such, told everyone else what they needed to know. Everyone had experienced the horrors of war so there was a common understanding and people were allowed to get a bit strange and they were given time and space. Now, how many people in Britain have been involved in a fire fight, how many have seen friends die in battle? Our world is more concerned about hurt feelings on Facebook. These men and women feel they need to put on a face, that they are ok, everything is fine and normal, when inside they are far from fine and normal.  They have very few who know what that feels like, who they can really speak the truth to and let the mask down.

I hope Terry and his family get some help to come to terms with this.

RIP Christopher. 

29 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Nothing but respect for anyone that serves their country past or present - we’ve lost someone I consider a hero irrespective of my opinion on his father 

:tu:

Spot on mate ..... total respect to TB's son regardless .... the bigger picture is still being ignored by past and present governments who will run a marathon for a pay rise but will not get off their arses for guys like Chris .... who through no fault of their own end up suffering the most so that we can live peacefully.

Condolences to all the Butcher family who are suffering beyond pain after losing a relative .... and a hero.

??

At a time like this football is insignificant, whatever race, colour or religion a father and mother should never have to bury their son or daughter. Maybe the reasons why will be explained to us in the next life. My thoughts and prayers are with the Butcher family. Very sad indeed.