The squad

stewaj3

2 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

used to do my nut in as well. Actually reminds me of the calibre of player that is at the club just now to be honest...He'd probably not even seem that bad if he was in this team...which just makes you realise how much we probably under appreciated the good players we had at that time and in the past.

Nail on head pal?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, hammer93 said:

I know he is not popular on here and I am no way advocating him but I've said it before, I genuinely believe we are missing a trick with him, I would give him his shot thru the middle, I'm not convinced he is playing their with St Johnstone but he has pace to burn and clearly has a decent strike on him...couple that with how weak we are in the wide areas it would be a no brainer to recall him, is he due back in January or is it a season long loan?

Think it’s Jan but don’t get me wrong the new manager if everyone on their second chance shows nothing then that’s it cut them loose and take the hit and attempt another rebuild as dreadful as that sounds 

I’m all for a clean slate and second chance under a new manager but that’s all it is it’s not an eternity and a free ride under a new manager 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yes he’s one I’ve had in mind since his impact at St Johnstone and me thinking Pedro won’t last - he’s a good example. 

His stats are impressive I read something like 88% of shots he'd hit had been on target this season. Still think that maybe that's the type of team he should be at, as he gets space to run in behind defenders, where as at us teams sit so deep he struggles.

That being said, I'm again in agreement. I think everyone needs to be given the opportunity. He is no different. The new man might use him differently, we need to wait and see. The only thing that I feel could change that is if we get the opportunity to sell or exchange him for the likes of mclean/walker/moult... we may go for that, I don't think many would have a problem with that either.

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

Don't be ashamed bud...i felt that way about namouchi....big eck didn't help it by playing him in all the big games whilst telling us he was world class due to the fact he would be playing for fucking Tunisia at the world cup

I was just a wee boy when he was playing but I have memories of loving him and thinking how great he was! :lol:

To be a bairn again would maybe make watching Windass tolerable...

Clean slate for me too (except Dalcio who is quite evidently clueless) because the previous manager was so incompetent it is not really fair to judge any of them too rigorously.

I am very happy with the goalkeepers. Foderingham is excellent and Alnwick is a fine back up. 

I'm also a big fan of James Tavernier although I know I'm in a minority. I like the look of Declan John and although Lee Hodson has been largely woeful since we signed him I'd give him until the end of the season to prove me wrong. Lee Wallace was and has always been vastly overrated. He is weak defensively and his attacking play is predictable and lacks imagination but again I see no reason to force out a loyal servant until a manager who knows what he is doing has worked with him.

The centre halves worry me enormously. Bruno WAS a fine player but now looks well past his best. Cardoso simply makes too many errors. He gets too tight to opponents and is rolled too easily, is a poor defender one on one with a player running at him and makes poor decisions. He is good in the air though and, perhaps, under a coach who has a clue he can do a job. Ross McCrorie will hopefully become a fine player. I like him BUT he has made a lot of mistakes in the games he has played and looks very naive. The basic attributes are there but he needs to be handled sympathetically. David Bates looks average to me but again needs more time. This will irk plenty but I still have faith in Danny Wilson. If he gets an extended run without injuries and a settled partner alongside him I think he can do a job. He has every thing you look for in a ball playing centre half but has lost his way I admit.

Ryan Jack needs anger management help and personal coaching to iron out his weaknesses but there is a player there for sure. Graham Dorrans has only shown us glimpses of his prodigious talent but under a competent manager I am confident he will prove his quality. Jason Holt is a good pro and squad player. Unlike some, I do think that Candeias has done quite well and is worth persevering with. Josh Windass never did fit my template for a Rangers player and has largely disappointed but if he could improve his finishing and final ball he could yet make the grade. 

Unlike many, I haven't written off Jordan Rossiter who I know from his days in the Bindippers U21 squad was a fine young prospect and can be again if he can shake off his injury woes. I also like Jordan Thompson and believe he should be given more opportunities.

Niko Krancjar has plenty of talent but can't play more than 55 minutes without collapsing with exhaustion so in my opinion unless he improves his fitness it is hard to see how he fits in but again that is for our new manager to decide.

Pena is a disgrace. How any pro can get in that condition is beyond me. And how any clown can sign him in that state is even more stupid. Hard to give him a clean slate but suggest he be sent off to do some serious conditioning and then be reevaluated in the new year. No hopes for him though. Fat and slobbish. Disgrace.

Up front, Morelos is the one player the previous manager left I really rate. He is aggressive, his movement is good, he has that air of menace about him, takes no shit and can finish. With a proper manager to guide him and good service he can be anything he wants to be in Scotland. I think Ryan Hardie deserves a chance and I still remain a big fan of Kenny Miller although not as a starter every week and not in a midfield role. I have no clue whether Herrera is a good player or not so more time for him too. 

I know a lot about Aaron Nemane as I watch a lot of MCFC youth games and was surprised when he came because he isn't ready for this kind of move. Good kid though, good attitude but nowhere near as talented or ready as say Brandon Barker now on loan with the Edinburgh cunts. 

Not sure what the position is with Liam Burt who has faded away from the 1st team scene but I thought he had something.

Whoever gets the job has to make his own mind up on all the players available to him, so everyone should be recalled from loan deals in January. The way Pedro spoke to the press about individual players in the squad, and out on loan, was incredible. Not the Rangers class we expected. 

40 minutes ago, NOSURRENDERSTEFANKLOS said:

Whoever gets the job has to make his own mind up on all the players available to him, so everyone should be recalled from loan deals in January. The way Pedro spoke to the press about individual players in the squad, and out on loan, was incredible. Not the Rangers class we expected. 

Take your point but some are year long deals aren't they?

The squad isn’t bad tbh. Easily second best in the country atm and with the right gaffer who knows...

Dalcio and Pena there is zero hope for. Will not entertain the notion that Pena is a footballer or has potential. 

But Alves, Dorrans, John, Jack (although he’s an egits at times), Morelos, Candeais and Mccrorie give me hope - especially under a decent manager. Would like to see Mcleish or Mcinnes with Barry Ferguson. 

No point gambling on a high profile manager with some ethos that inevitably will be unsuccessful in Scotland - get the best ‘blue blooded’ gaffer who knows our game in imo

I think it is a clean slate for everyone, even those who have gone out on loan.  Pedro was mental and I don't think we can believe his side of the story or paper talk.  It sounds like if he took an ill will against you for whatever reason you were fucked.

Everyone should be given a chance by Murty/the new manager but I do think there are some individuals who are so obviously not good enough for Rangers that we might not see much of them again.

For me I would happily see the back of Windass and Pena.  Hopefully Pena still has decent stock in Mexico and we can recoup some money and Windass can quietly go to a league 1 club or something.

2 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

The squad isn’t bad tbh. Easily second best in the country atm and with the right gaffer who knows...

Dalcio and Pena there is zero hope for. Will not entertain the notion that Pena is a footballer or has potential. 

But Alves, Dorrans, John, Jack (although he’s an egits at times), Morelos, Candeais and Mccrorie give me hope - especially under a decent manager. Would like to see Mcleish or Mcinnes with Barry Ferguson. 

No point gambling on a high profile manager with some ethos that inevitably will be unsuccessful in Scotland - get the best ‘blue blooded’ gaffer who knows our game in imo

Totally agree with this.

At least The Dalcio is on loan.  I would also send Nemane back to city.

Derek McInnes is exactly what we need.  Anyone higher profile is a gamble and probably too expensive anyway

7 hours ago, hammer93 said:

I know he is not popular on here and I am no way advocating him but I've said it before, I genuinely believe we are missing a trick with him, I would give him his shot thru the middle, I'm not convinced he is playing their with St Johnstone but he has pace to burn and clearly has a decent strike on him...couple that with how weak we are in the wide areas it would be a no brainer to recall him, is he due back in January or is it a season long loan?

I don't think it matters where we would play MOH. the way teams line up against us nullifies his strengths. he seldom gets space to run into playing for us .that's where he can hurt teams as he is just now for St Johnstone 

Just now, magic8ball said:

I don't think it matters where we would play MOH. the way teams line up against us nullifies his strengths. he seldom gets space to run into playing for us .that's where he can hurt teams as he is just now for St Johnstone 

Main thing is though that he is more comfortable playing for a no mark team. Rangers shirt definitely too heavy for him.

6 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Main thing is though that he is more comfortable playing for a no mark team. Rangers shirt definitely too heavy for him.

that too is a factor .the same factor that doesn't get me excited about some players linked to us like moult and walker 

I dont see that we can all of a sudden think that the players should get a clean slate cos the managers gone. Yes he put them out on the park but they are the reason we are in this mess. for every half decent performance they would give us 2/3 shite performances. They have got us into this mess and that should not be forgotten.

Kenny Miller for one shouldnt be in the team. He slows the game down doesnt play his own position and I think we look better without him. He should never have been given another deal. It was forced upon the club as he stood out in such a poor team towards the end of last year that they had to give him a deal. Josh Windass should never wear a Rangers shirt again, he is spineless. 

The last 10 games need to be taken into account by whoever comes in as we need massive improvements. Holt needs to start as he gives us abit more energy in the middle of the park and has played well the last couple of games he has been involved in. Pena needs a few weeks out and try get him fully fit and we can see that is still lacking.

Dorrans should play the furthest forward out the midfield players, for some reason he was the deepest which meant we weren't seeing his attacking games as much which I would say is the better park of his game.

I think we looked good with 2 up front on Wednesday, would like to see this continue. They will take a bit of time to get use to each other. You could see Herrera talk Morelos through the game which was good.

When Wallace is fit he should be loeft back and then move John to left mid and we will be solid on that side.

With regards to the players out on loan, they are on loan cos no one wanted to buy them when we wanted rid. Forester has an attitude problem, seems to be the issue with more than one manager. MOH should not be at Rangers, in my opinion doesnt want to be here, get shot of him asap. Halliday is not good enough, lived the dream and fair play but needs to find a new club. 

Pedro had a big job to make so many changes to the team that was left over from Warburton I think he was on the right tracks but he just never had enough to get them to play for him. 

2 hours ago, OneDavidCooper said:

Take your point but some are year long deals aren't they?

I'm not sure how it works if I'm honest. But we all see loan deals being cut short at different clubs from time to time. Whether that's a clause in the deal or if a club can cut it short at anytime, who knows.

2 minutes ago, NOSURRENDERSTEFANKLOS said:

I'm not sure how it works if I'm honest. But we all see loan deals being cut short at different clubs from time to time. Whether that's a clause in the deal or if a club can cut it short at anytime, who knows.

I'm pretty sure there has to be a clause and I doubt we had one for Halliday, O'Halloran and Dodoo who were clearly not wanted.

MoH can’t play against teams who sit in and that I think he failed when here. I bet he is dreading coming back and would rather stay up in Perth. It would be something else if he managed to come back and play better but I can’t see it. Windass doesn’t deserve a 3rd chance, he was shite under Warburton and shite under Pedro. I’d be looking to sell him to League 1 England for £500K

Always thought there was a player in windass. Boys got a cracking shot on him but has had a massive dip in confidence this season thanks to Pedro. Hopefully the new manager whoever that is can kick start windass’s season.