CoatbridgeBear

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, roboscot said:

Does anyone honestly believe we would not finish second with Pedro as manager?

We were never going to win the league this season so to repeat the same mistake as we did with Le Guen is laughable.  Sacking a manager after 10 league games, sitting in 3rd place, after a summer of squad turnover because a 37 year old took the huff?

He had a lot more games than the spin you are putting on it and couldn't win 3 in a row. Worse than that was the obvious lack of even beginning to compete in the games against them. The record against the so called top 6 was also dreadful. He couldn't win us the 'big' games and it was looking like he didn't know how to.

15 hours ago, Smile said:

It's not his fault those appointing him are jokers he would have been daft not to jump at the chance of managing Rangers.

Sort of agree with some of that but the buck stops with the manager, likeable guy or not. He was given decent money to spend but didn't get the results. Some of his team selections and tactics were never going to work. He should have done better 

His goose was cooked when he spent 2m on Pena and for that money could have had moult, walker and mclean. Like the guy very much but that was too much of a gamble. And having spent 25% of his budget on a dud he must then have felt obliged to play him. Regardless, he has left us with a better squad and is a good man - hope he goes on to good things. And -- from 5000 miles distance -- yes it shows you what a shower of shite most of Scottish football is. But then, that's what drew me to this club - a dose of quality and reality in Scottish football's ocean of sectarian pish. We will prevail. 

3 hours ago, Torontoblue76 said:

His goose was cooked when he spent 2m on Pena and for that money could have had moult, walker and mclean. Like the guy very much but that was too much of a gamble. And having spent 25% of his budget on a dud he must then have felt obliged to play him. Regardless, he has left us with a better squad and is a good man - hope he goes on to good things. And -- from 5000 miles distance -- yes it shows you what a shower of shite most of Scottish football is. But then, that's what drew me to this club - a dose of quality and reality in Scottish football's ocean of sectarian pish. We will prevail. 

A shower of shite we struggled against most weeks.

18 hours ago, roboscot said:

We were never going to win the league this season so to repeat the same mistake as we did with Le Guen is laughable.  Sacking a manager after 10 league games, sitting in 3rd place, after a summer of squad turnover because a 37 year old took the huff?

:lol:Mental post.

5 hours ago, thegambler said:

Can’t find any reference to it anywhere. Where was it said?

And there in a nutshell is the papish media at their best. He clearly said it at the semi final,thousands seen it on tv.if someone had said to Brenda you Irish prick, they would have been done with racism and been on every newspaper the next day.even some of our own fans didn't know he said it, that's the media for you

37 minutes ago, OhW said:

If it was on TV there must be a clip of it somewhere. Do you have any links or do you know roughly what time it happened in the game?

Robinson said it when both him and Pedro were sent to the stands at the semi.
Xenophobia encouraged by all the haters.  

Pretty much agree with most of the comments here. 

Is he a decent man? Yes. Was he good enough? No. Was he subject to ridiculous stereotypes from media and others within the game that are unacceptable etc that wouldn't be tolerated normally? Yes. 

In terms of the OPs original point about him being a wanted man though, I have to say I don't really care! Results were not good enough and it is about us, not what he does next.

4 hours ago, Ivybank said:

And there in a nutshell is the papish media at their best. He clearly said it at the semi final,thousands seen it on tv.

If this is the case, there must be a video of it somewhere. I’m fully willing to accept I’m wrong if I see it, but I haven’t found it. 

12 minutes ago, thegambler said:

If this is the case, there must be a video of it somewhere. I’m fully willing to accept I’m wrong if I see it, but I haven’t found it. 

I'm sure somebody posted it on here, a couple of days after it. I was at the game and got 2 separate people texting me saying they seen it on tv. It was mentioned online in one of the papers, but they made a joke of it

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:16, roboscot said:

Yes

Said before I wish him no ill will going forward and certainly seems a guy you'd like to have a drink with, but ultimately he got well paid for the opportunity of a life time so nothing to get too sympathetic about, if he was a good manager the media wouldn't have had a leg to stand on with the mocking