Pedro a wanted man already..

CoatbridgeBear

1 hour ago, willygers4life said:

I don't think his style was wrong here. It was down to the nation itself not being prepared to alter how football is played and style it is based around. It's a case of hit and hope here while in europe and further they mix it up. But glad he is gone and good luck in any job, butndo.come back for some.players

He was a likeable guy who talked well and knew exactly what buttons to press to get the fans onside, but I don't think he knew what his "style" was, I certainly could not work it out and we were defo not heading forwards playing quality football that's for sure allied to being toyed with in the old firm games and the other poor results, it was ultimately a  costly failed experiment.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Will be interesting. Personally I think Pedro was handed a poisoned chalice.

His philosophy would have endured in other times.

I wish him all the best, but that's all academic now.

1 hour ago, willygers4life said:

I don't think his style was wrong here. It was down to the nation itself not being prepared to alter how football is played and style it is based around. It's a case of hit and hope here while in europe and further they mix it up. But glad he is gone and good luck in any job, butndo.come back for some.players

:megaanguish:

The way the Scottish media got on his back and lampooned him at every opportunity despite shouting about discrimination and inclusion for decades is truly fucking shocking, it was borderline racist and not so borderline at times, Scotland has truly become a hate filled backwater, the only consolation is that the newspapers are dying out but the yahoos are lining up for prime slots as  "pundits" and now even television is infested with anti Rangers views at every turn.

Good luck Pedro.

1 minute ago, The Blue Sea of Ibrox 2000 said:

Don't get it we pay Pedro off with the amount left on his contract and he also gets a signing on fee from his next club. Talk about being paid big bucks for abject failure. Surely we should be able to command a fee from his next club?

Just out of interest what’s your source regarding how much we’ve paid off Pedro?

40 minutes ago, The Blue Sea of Ibrox 2000 said:

Don't get it we pay Pedro off with the amount left on his contract and he also gets a signing on fee from his next club. Talk about being paid big bucks for abject failure. Surely we should be able to command a fee from his next club?

Guy had a contract and honoured it.

1 hour ago, Loyaleastend said:

The way the Scottish media got on his back and lampooned him at every opportunity despite shouting about discrimination and inclusion for decades is truly fucking shocking, it was borderline racist and not so borderline at times, Scotland has truly become a hate filled backwater, the only consolation is that the newspapers are dying out but the yahoos are lining up for prime slots as  "pundits" and now even television is infested with anti Rangers views at every turn.

Good luck Pedro.

The Motherwell manager openly called him a "Portuguese Prick" and no one seemed to care.  Bizarre stuff.

10 hours ago, simplythebest said:

Leave the Dalcio where he is of course? 

Whats wrong with Dalcio?  Easily the best costume at the club, which gave me a laugh out loud moment yesterday on RM.

If he goes, who keeps the standards up next Halloween?  He should be here for the long term.

So is Pedro on gardening leave (i.e. still paying his salary) or is he no longer employed by the club (as suggested by the media's £500k severance package)?

I thought it would be cheaper to pay his monthly wage and then get some nominal compensation from a club within hopefully weeks?

5 hours ago, willygers4life said:

I don't think his style was that different from the rest of them.

Two defensive midfielders with no creativity between them in the centre, wingers who stayed high up the flanks and looked to whip balls in earlier for Morelos to win and for Pena to feed off the second ball.

It was hardly cultured football that was going to reinvent the wheel and overhaul the perception of Scottish Football was it?

Just now, DBBTB said:

I don't think his style was that different from the rest of them.

Two defensive midfielders with no creativity between them in the centre, wingers who stayed high up the flanks and looked to whip balls in earlier for Morelos to win and for Pena to feed off the second ball.

It was hardly cultured football that was going to reinvent the wheel and overhaul the perception of Scottiah Football was it?

Spot on, if a Stuart McCall or McInnes come in and behave the same way they will be slaughtered for it, there's people blaming the culture of Scottish football for his methods not working but that's insane, the guy wasn't some sort of revolutionary coach he was an absolute fraud with no man management skills or tactical nous whatsoever. 

Cant even bring myself to wish him well, the guy was here 7 months and gave me some of the worst days of my life with absolutely nothing positive to show for it, not going to say I hope he fails wherever he goes but don't get the love in for him at all with people saying he was passionate or that he 'gets it' or that he gave his all, it was his fucking job to give his all.