DOF

Ivybank

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

The DOF is a patsy - he won’t do anything 

Give it until the summer and there will be a low key statement on our website about Mark Allen’s leaving his position we wish him all the best and thank him for his efforts 

Then in another 12 months time you’ll notice he’s chief executive of  Richer Sounds or RS McColls or something 

Been saying the exact same since the minute he was appointed 

will have absolutely zero clout, will coin himself a wage quietly in the background knowing full well there is zero expectation for him to deliver, and will slope off out the back door in such a low key manner that half of us won’t even notice 

will never be seen in football again 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, London Calling said:

Aye, well as far as I can tell he's had no influence so far. Granted he was appointed after Pedro and after the board had sanctioned Pedro to squander our cash on dross. 

Waste of a wage that we can't afford.

So what exactly is his job role? How close are you to day-to-day goings on at Ibrox and Auchenhowie to know much about the influence he's had in the six months since he started work.

The fact that we actually have a proper scouting team in place would be something that I doubt anyone can argue is a negative and was one of Allen's first main responsibilities after starting.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

So what exactly is his job role? How close are you to day-to-day goings on at Ibrox and Auchenhowie to know much about the influence he's had in the six months since he started work.

The fact that we actually have a proper scouting team in place would be something that I doubt anyone can argue is a negative and was one of Allen's first main responsibilities after starting.

I was going to ask you what his job role is? Because if he was the one that wanted McInnes with no Plan B then he's done a great job..

Just now, The Dude said:

A scouting team could and should have been brought in by anyone at the club just like everyone does , we didn't need to pay another suit.

There is zero justification for hiring this clown............

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

A “proper scouting team” comprised of bomber and some other cunts that have been in and around Ibrox in various capacities over the years 

it’s fucking bollocks 

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

A scouting team could and should have been brought in by anyone at the club just like everyone does , we didn't need to pay another suit.

There is zero justification for hiring this clown............

Would you have trusted Stewart Robertson with that responsibility?

Just now, Siwel said:

Would you have trusted Stewart Robertson with that responsibility?

I wouldn't trust any of that board to run a market stall , but i also wouldn't have taken any DOF on at the club either. Its another shocking waste of the supporters cash .

38 minutes ago, London Calling said:

Aye, well as far as I can tell he's had no influence so far. Granted he was appointed after Pedro and after the board had sanctioned Pedro to squander our cash on dross. 

Waste of a wage that we can't afford.

I was told he was brought in to set up scouting department. I know it was 'unveiled' late October, but imagine it takes longer than the 2 months or so he had been in the job at the time. 

The way the past couple of managers have spent, I think having someone  overlooking the transfers can only be a good thing. 

He's not even been here for a transfer window and people are calling him a waste of money ffs

People saying hes a waste of money, what did you expect a DOF to have done in the 4/5 months he's been here? 

For all anyone knows he could have handed the board a list of managers he would want, and has been ignored. 

Think we should at least wait a couple of transfer windows before judging the guy

7 minutes ago, GT66 said:

People saying hes a waste of money, what did you expect a DOF to have done in the 4/5 months he's been here? 

For all anyone knows he could have handed the board a list of managers he would want, and has been ignored. 

Think we should at least wait a couple of transfer windows before judging the guy

Agreed as I think our DOF had a better list drawn up but king only wanted DM to take over 

8 minutes ago, GT66 said:

What’s he even here for then.

44 minutes ago, London Calling said:

I was going to ask you what his job role is? Because if he was the one that wanted McInnes with no Plan B then he's done a great job..

I've no idea on the specifics. I've asked the question and not had any answer on it.

I don't believe he was the one that wanted McInnes. That was certain folk on the board (King at least seemingly) pushing that.

45 minutes ago, KWBear said:

A “proper scouting team” comprised of bomber and some other cunts that have been in and around Ibrox in various capacities over the years 

it’s fucking bollocks 

Apart from the three  of the five full-time appointments who had nothing to do with the club in any capacity before

26 minutes ago, Siwel said:

What’s he even here for then.

Overlook transfers, set up scouting department etc. 

Wouldn't surprise me if the board wanted Murty until the end of the season from the moment Pedro was sacked, to save a wage then bring in someone to sell season tickets. 

Sounds like his voice isn't really being heard.  From the outside it looks like all he has done is bring in Nemane (where is he actually?).

Any appointment this board has to be treated with suspicion.  All we can do is leave the job with Murty at the moment, they can't be trusted to make another mistake.

The statement yesterday was a joke, trying to deflect attention off themselves with the usual childish comments.

21 minutes ago, RDFM said:

I'd be a lot less sceptical and a lot more confident about Allen if he had actually ever been a DoF or something similar before. As far as I'm aware he's only been head of youth academy. 

That's what we need in Scotland though. Someone who knows how to get the best out of our youth and bring in and develop other young players. 

The days we could attract and afford to bring in ready made top class footballers are gone unfortunately, that's why we need someone who knows how to produce our own. 

Just now, GT66 said:

That's what we need in Scotland though. Someone who knows how to get the best out of our youth and bring in and develop other young players. 

The days we could attract and afford to bring in ready made top class footballers are gone unfortunately, that's why we need someone who knows how to produce our own. 

We need a DoF, not a rookie. 

We have a head of youth development who's doing a great job already. 

How can we have any faith in an appointment made by this board? If he was merely introduced to oversee a Scouting Network then isn't he simply a chief scout?

We need a Ferguson type character or I hate say it but someone like Rodgers who can come in and revamp the whole club..We need arrogance and one vision