It's not something I want to see but does anyone think

K.A.I

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of a boycott per se' - we could follow on from Kings idea of depositing ST money in a separate entity in order to force change. A season-ticket trust fund set up.

This idea was previously championed by King and Chris Graham using 'Ibrox 1872 Ltd' - surely King would have no objection to being subject to the same course of action? :happy:

It seems to me there is a realistic possibility that if results continue on a losing, points dropped trend and league placing slips so that by (say) end Feb / beginning of March there is a real prospect of no European football next season and a real struggle just to finish in the top 6, all happening because of bad defeats and wretched performances and a clueless manager at the helm who is not able to make improvements happen then a big drift away from home games, and some drift from away games, will happen.

That might not be under the banner of 'boycott' as such, but it will have the same effect as a boycott ie supporters who have decided that for now there is something more rewarding to do with their time and something more useful to spend their hard earned money on.    Drift.   Drifting away and following silently from afar.   There one Saturday but not there at the next home game or the remaining home games for the season.   Drifting away is what it could become.   And with it a drifting away of ST sales. 

I well remember the days of very low attendances at Ibrox.     And with that in mind my current view is the combination of

• Murty being arrogant (or stupid) enough to believe his absolute lack of direct relevant management experience, skill and know how being trumped in his mind by his sheer desire to do well and then accepting the manager appointment; and
  • the negligence of the DOF and board and their sheer incompetence in deciding he was the best candidate they had and so appointed him

will take us to a set of league and cup results this season that will push us so firmly into the territory of mid table at best clusterfuck merchants that a lot of supporters will vote with their feet until they see evidence of dramatic improvement.     That may take a very long time under this King-led board and probably never at all under Murty.