It's not something I want to see but does anyone think

K.A.I

That sales of these will plummet next season?

I don't want a boycott and I want everyone to renew (even if it's against their better judgement/gut feeling with this shower in the boardroom)

It would be sad to see as we need all the funds we can get but I've got a bad feeling that next season will see thousands quietly slip away and the bigger picture a couple of generations of fans lost as it stands (if they aren't lost already)

I've never advocated boycott's as we need our strong support and things could be a whole, whole lot worse with this lot with less season ticket money. Think it's bad now, just watch what can happen. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think it'll depend on how Murty does till the end of the season . 

I reckon there'll be a hard core , of say about 30,000 that'll renew regardless , but the rest will renew if theyve been entertained or see hope for the future . 

Like you , I hope we don't suffer because it's our biggest income , but I can't say I'm not concerned . 

Just now, jim beam said:

Depends on where we actually finish and whether this fucking joke of a board actually get in a proper management team.

If it’s the same old shite as of now then I can’t see such a big uptake of ST as this years.

They've had 2-months to do this already which should have been a priority. If it's not done by now, it never will with them.

Watch come the summer Murty get a 3-year contract.

They've absolutely no interest in showing ambition or doing their jobs properly. 

It'll come down to results IMO.

Most fans will go regardless, however if we see more results like Dundee, Hamilton, St Johnstone etc and we fall further behind the taigs, and possibly further down the league some may just feel like giving up. Personally I could never do that but I could certainly understand that point of view.

That said, whether he should be the manager or not, Murty now has a real chance to put his own stamp on things. He is now, our permanent manager. He will have more input on more matters and he has the opportunity to bring in his own players. He should also have more confidence, and respect from the players. If he could just gain a bit of momentum, there is a legitimate chance of him becoming a hero and Ibrox won't be big enough. It's a huge ask but IMO there IS something to play for this season. The line between success and failure is so small though. Hopefully he can get through the year undefeated, close the gap, bring in a few players and then smash the sheep when we return. Thereafter, anything can happen................

9 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

fans have been patient, but when you see the board just basically fucking about, there's a limit. I think next seasons uptake will be fine though - at the slightest hint of any falling off, Murty will be bulleted and someone else brought in to keep the cash flowing.

No money, no bank, no investment, chairman will do runner, nobody wanted to be manager, = DOOM

Within Bears-Den, there must be a trend of interest if we are doing well. If we're doing pish, like dundee & hamilton and recently StJ - is there a trend of lesser interested members posting.

Probably that stat, (minus timposters) we'll be close to what the ST will fall by if we have a poor ending with Murty.

It'll depend entirely on how this season goes in my opinion.

Best case scenario is a couple of first 11 additions in January, comfortable second place in league and Scottish cup final. (Sad that that's the best case scenario but there you go)

Worst case scenario (and likely in my opinion) couple more squad player loans in January, 3rd in league, 3 more beatings off them and out in Cup Semi final. 

If the latter proves to be the case, I'd expect ticket sales to suffer.

I don't think the board have any intentions of keeping Murty on regardless of how well he does. 

They simply don't have any money to finance a new manager of any worth now and need (as usual) the fans money in the summer. 

Any other club would absolutely hound their board out by now, however we have a board that have bought and paid off the groups that would usually orchestrate such a move. 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

They've had 2-months to do this already which should have been a priority. If it's not done by now, it never will with them.

Watch come the summer Murty get a 3-year contract.

They've absolutely no interest in showing ambition or doing their jobs properly. 

I'm not disagreeing, but for me it's all down to money. The accounts show that we are unsustainable in the current business model and even they cannot go on forever with loans, as it is the assets are maxed out and there are only so many shares available that you can convert loans to. Then there is the balance of loans and even in the worst case scenario where they are the biggest creditor in a liquidation event, there is only so much they can recover from saleable assets and therefore are in defecit on their investment, so it makes absolutely no business sense for them to continue in the current mode.

Due to our inherent lack of quality on the park and no sign of major investment in it and an untried manager, there will be little improvement in our footballing position, so second will be the target and that equals little if any additional income and as you intimate, only drive fans away.

It has to and will do come to a shuddering halt at some point in the not too distant future and I cannot see them ladting beyong the end of this season. I fully expect major revelations to come out in the new year, simply because we are in a bad state and something has got to give.

I’m 50/50 the now tbh. This is from a guy who could count in 2 hands how many games I’ve missed over the past 6-7 years. 

Theyre showing me no more than the chancers before them and have basically said to me thanks for the £800 in season tickets and support up and down the country but we decided to end the season by Halloween, take 6 weeks to come up with a guy 150 mile away and then subsequently employ the kids coach cause we can’t convince anyone to join in the trough guzzling. 

Bit hard to back that. The Rangers fans should never be in a position where they need to back the cunts in the boardroom they should be doing their fucking job. The fans should be supporting the team instead of worrying about these cunts running us into the ground. 

2 minutes ago, Hamie said:

I don't think the board have any intentions of keeping Murty on regardless of how well he does. 

They simply don't have any money to finance a new manager of any worth now and need (as usual) the fans money in the summer. 

Any other club would absolutely hound their board out by now, however we have a board that have bought and paid off the groups that would usually orchestrate such a move. 

I don't disagree, but I think this board have hung themselves. They cannot afford to keep us going. All the signs are there, but most are chosing to ignore them.

A set of accounts that read like the script from Armageddon. Can't sign a Rangers man in McInnes. COS ruling against our Chairman. Sign a youth coach. More loans still needed.

Common sense tells you that it can't go on.