Time for Dave King to depart Rangers - but who could take over at the Ibrox club?

Virtuoso

On 24/12/2017 at 14:40, Blue Avenger said:

Those that understand economics and business versus the current state we are in, would sell them for 2p and that would be a 100% profit for a few.

This is the bit i dont get. If king was deadly serious why wouldnt he (A) phone round and tap everyone up to reject his offer (B) actually head to a real financial institutional investor (s) and outline a business plan which would take possibly 5 years to break even but after that its all clover,

Or else admit he isint interested

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

I am sure the whole idea of fan ownership is to ensure that the big teams would no longer have financial advantage or outside investment. Amateur teams and junior sides are fine for fan ownership but if we want to try to be professional and successful we should avoid this threat because there is no way that the lot from across the city would be stupid enough to agree to b run like an amateur club.

I agree to a point but also don't think it's as simple as that. If the Club is self sufficient making money as it should be then proper men fit to run the Club can be appointed by the fans/owners. I don't think we would be run like amateurs if we compete for the league and make money getting into Europe, having good sponsorships and retail deals. We could appoint reliable proven business men who will run the Club because they will be payed well and we won't have to rely on "Rangers men" or favours or loans because they love the Club. 

Getting in so called Rangers men who we then are stuck with indefinitely and having to rely on them to put money in clearly isn't working.

I don't think all of the Board members have to have a stake in the Club or own shares, they should be employees who are employed on merit and not their bank balance and ties to the Club.

I'll admit right now there are plenty of Rangers fans that I don't exactly trust or think fit to run us but i trust the Rangers support as a whole and your average Bear with a few shares bought for the love of the Club more than ill ever trust any Millionaire who claims to be a Rangers man but is out of touch with what your average punter wants or feels.

You should have the credentials required to run a Club like Rangers and the position should be given on merit it isn't something that should be for sale. Because the list of those who've got there with money and false promises just keeps growing

On 24 December 2017 at 14:36, j1mgg said:

He won't need £11m, as very few people will sell at 20p a share.

I'm pretty shit at the financial aspects , so bear with me .

As far as shareholding supporters I'd agree , but iirc when we raised £20M or so at the share issue I'm sure about 75% were institutional investors . I think DK's problem is of the institutional investors , some may take this opportunity to cut and run , particularly the ones that were on the previous boards side . Might not be the full £11M but could still be a fair whack . 

On 24/12/2017 at 10:28, Bears r us said:

'Hurtling towards the abyss' due to the actions of King at the time as much as anyone else and unfortunately you could say the very same today when he is now in charge.

:wanker:

There’s nobody interested in taking over.

1 minute ago, gersandy said:

You might be right, but I think it is the duty of the board to be searching the globe for investment or someone to take us over since it is obvious they do not have the wealth to make us competitive. They are telling us they need us to be in Europe to become self sufficient but we have to qualify for that to happen and we cannot even appoint a manger never mind beat Killie either home or away. :duh:

They have a duty of care to Rangers FC and us fans as the custodians of our great Club, they are embarrassing us and not doing what they said they would. 

On 24/12/2017 at 10:46, The Godfather said:

I'm sick reading stuff tbh. Nothing against folk posting it and it may well be a good piece but I can't read anything that's going to change what I think or what's happening at our club.

the time for words is long gone, actions are all that's left to save us.

Agreed

"STEWART Robertson, the Rangers managing director, may well have been technically correct yesterday when he insisted Rangers was hurtling towards the abyss once again"

I've shortened it up for those that cant be bothered reading the full article!!

18 hours ago, Bears r us said:

You might be right, but I think it is the duty of the board to be searching the globe for investment or someone to take us over since it is obvious they do not have the wealth to make us competitive. They are telling us they need us to be in Europe to become self sufficient but we have to qualify for that to happen and we cannot even appoint a manger never mind beat Killie either home or away. :duh:

They have a duty of care to Rangers FC and us fans as the custodians of our great Club, they are embarrassing us and not doing what they said they would. 

Picture wee Davie King walking about asking people “you want te buy a Fitbaw club?”.

Not how it works generally. Am interested investor would approach them. We’re just not that attractive for buyers. The Scottish games on its arse. 

19 hours ago, gersandy said:

How do we know that?

When Ashley put Newcastle up for sale was Stavely lurking? 

Perhaps until moneymen are aware of the terms and conditions of King selling then it's too risky and toxic to get involved. If they were to offer to buy now it would strengthen Kings hand to sell for higher.

I don't know but I really don't think it's a case that no one would be interested. Though I would say that as we keep accruing debt it certainly makes us even less attractive a proposition.

21 minutes ago, gersandy said:

Picture wee Davie King walking about asking people “you want te buy a Fitbaw club?”.

Not how it works generally. Am interested investor would approach them. We’re just not that attractive for buyers. The Scottish games on its arse. 

He seemed to know all the moves when he was driving down the share price for himself, maybe someone is sitting back watching and thinking, Dave is making Rangers a toxic brand I/we will wait a little longer and see what he does after his latest venture into the courtroom. 

I cannot believe now the big tax case is out of the way that someone will not want to be the person/s who takes the wounded Bear that is Rangers FC back to the top, a hero in their lifetime for the person/s who has the money and business sense to make it happen. I am getting rather excited at the prospect. :dance:

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I see van Dijk is going to Liverpool for £75M with cellic having a 10% sell on clause. Money seems to be pouring into these cunts and we are brassic

A reasonably competent manager, a compliant media, and champions league exposure.

Unless they lose one or more of those variables it'll continue this way.

Unless we somehow gain these variables it'll continue this way.

5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I see van Dijk is going to Liverpool for £75M with cellic having a 10% sell on clause. Money seems to be pouring into these cunts and we are brassic

Southampton are surley Liverpool feeder club ??

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:48, Tenerife Bear said:

We've had 6 years to find a man of substance with the means and desire to challenge celtic. No one is out there. No one. That is the stark reality. From Green, Whyte, King. It's almost like a deliberate ploy to ruin us. Who knows, maybe it was. Maybe it is. Our club are going nowhere. celtic have the monopoly on Scottish football and will have until we are all long gone. Scottish football is now there to feed one club and one club only, the rest are mere play things, making up the numbers, bending over weekly to suffer the humiliation of yet another one horse race.  

I get this TB . The only difference . I didn't think anyone we have is out  to ruin is .

To keep us stagnating and behind the beggars . That is may take on things it appears

29 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

How do we know that?

Perhaps until moneymen are aware of the terms and conditions of King selling then it's too risky and toxic to get involved. If they were to offer to buy now it would strengthen Kings hand to sell for higher.

I don't know but I really don't think it's a case that no one would be interested. Though I would say that as we keep accruing debt it certainly makes us even less attractive a proposition.

Investors were chased away if my memory is correct by daft wee banners ect makes my piss boil!

42 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

That is what having a competent CEO gets you - the sell on clause I mean whilst we punt Mckay for 500k.....wonder if there was any sell on clause?

Player does well in that division and its easily 10m plus next move

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

He seemed to know all the moves when he was driving down the share price for himself, maybe someone is sitting back watching and thinking, Dave is making Rangers a toxic brand I/we will wait a little longer and see what he does after his latest venture into the courtroom. 

I cannot believe now the big tax case is out of the way that someone will not want to be the person/s who takes the wounded Bear that is Rangers FC back to the top, a hero in their lifetime for the person/s who has the money and business sense to make it happen. I am getting rather excited at the prospect. :dance:

Investors are falling over themselves to buy English clubs. We’re at the point now where even league 1, 2, and conference teams have foreign owners.

Thats where the money is at the moment. We’re a club running at a loss, in a country where the winners of the top league gets £1.75m, and has to get through 3 or 4 qualifiers to reach the champions league. 

There’s nobody waiting in the wings with £20m. What we do need right now is a steady hand. I don’t think king and co are that anymore. 

Contraversial comment alert!

I couldn’t give one f*ck if they win ten in a row. 

I’d be happy if we had a board of fans. And only spent whatever money came in. Slowly build the club back up. Yes it would mean cutting player wages, and probably a few more years of mediocrity.

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

How do we know that?

We’ll nobody was interested when Murray was selling up. Fair enough the tax case put people off there. 

Nobody was interested when Green and his cronies where there, the club could have been picked up for a mere pittance. 

Nobody else was interested when king came in. 

Where are all these interested parties everybody talks about?

Kings running the club into the ground. Interest free loans to shareholders, converted into shares, further diluting the value of the club. Making it even less of an attractive investment. 

28 minutes ago, gersandy said:

We’ll nobody was interested when Murray was selling up. Fair enough the tax case put people off there. 

Nobody was interested when Green and his cronies where there, the club could have been picked up for a mere pittance. 

Nobody else was interested when king came in. 

Where are all these interested parties everybody talks about?

Kings running the club into the ground. Interest free loans to shareholders, converted into shares, further diluting the value of the club. Making it even less of an attractive investment. 

The tax case was a phenomenal risk to an investor. Then we had crooks, known chancers, and all sorts involved with us. We also had demos and boycotts (instigated by now hired hands) chasing away anyone expressing an interest.

At no point has it been a simple, attractive investment.

Now, I think we have some who are doing right by us on Board but are hamstrung by King. I hope that if he was to be forced out they, their contacts, other potential investors could see the opportunities if we could get to CL football with it's wealth. Without Kings presence, I believe now is the best time since sdm was duped that We could be investable. 

But as we both say, more loans, share dilutions etc are puting it on the edge.

I just don't think we're a write off yet as those CL opportunities and revenues will either go to us or the bheasts. For a smart investor, with a good Board and manager in place, it could yet be a tasty punt.

5 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

How do we know that?

On the the contrary, the more loans and piling up debt will make us financially distressed, or more to the point the Directors doing the lending, as none of them are overly wealthy to sustain it indefinitely, unless they want to end up paupers..

As we don't make a profit, there is only asset value and that's maxed out due to loans. The tipping point for these Directors to bolt is close, otherwise they risk making heavy losses. Any potential buyers will see that and not move until there is a serious crises, unless of course the board approach potential buyers first and reach a suitable deal.

There is no way anyone is ponying up 20+ mil to pay off loans, plus about the same in shares, plus another 20 mil to invest in players to challenge for the title.  We are simply not worth it and these Directors know that more than most and I do expect their collective erses to be twitching.

Any potentional investor will already know the approximate wealth of each Director and simply  wait until they starve themselves out, as I said none are overly wealthy to actually be  throwing away any more money on us, because that is all they would be doing, as they are not prepared to invest enough to make a challenge and have a go at the CL, being the only way they have any chance of increasing our income, their ROI and our sell on value.

IMO we are either at that tipping point or very close, to them cashing in what chips they have left.

14 hours ago, gersandy said:

Investors are falling over themselves to buy English clubs. We’re at the point now where even league 1, 2, and conference teams have foreign owners.

Thats where the money is at the moment. We’re a club running at a loss, in a country where the winners of the top league gets £1.75m, and has to get through 3 or 4 qualifiers to reach the champions league. 

There’s nobody waiting in the wings with £20m. What we do need right now is a steady hand. I don’t think king and co are that anymore. 

Contraversial comment alert!

I couldn’t give one f*ck if they win ten in a row. 

I’d be happy if we had a board of fans. And only spent whatever money came in. Slowly build the club back up. Yes it would mean cutting player wages, and probably a few more years of mediocrity.

It has now become a clusterfuck, once we see King's next move with the tap ruling it might tell us what direction he is going down. 

12 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

On the the contrary, the more loans and piling up debt will make us financially distressed, or more to the point the Directors doing the lending, as none of them are overly wealthy to sustain it indefinitely, unless they want to end up paupers..

As we don't make a profit, there is only asset value and that's maxed out due to loans. The tipping point for these Directors to bolt is close, otherwise they risk making heavy losses. Any potential buyers will see that and not move until there is a serious crises, unless of course the board approach potential buyers first and reach a suitable deal.

There is no way anyone is ponying up 20+ mil to pay off loans, plus about the same in shares, plus another 20 mil to invest in players to challenge for the title.  We are simply not worth it and these Directors know that more than most and I do expect their collective erses to be twitching.

Any potentional investor will already know the approximate wealth of each Director and simply  wait until they starve themselves out, as I said none are overly wealthy to actually be  throwing away any more money on us, because that is all they would be doing, as they are not prepared to invest enough to make a challenge and have a go at the CL, being the only way they have any chance of increasing our income, their ROI and our sell on value.

IMO we are either at that tipping point or very close, to them cashing in what chips they have left.

Would love to know what collateral has been used to secure those loans!! All we have is the stadium and the training facility!!!