Recall every loan player

Brian Fantana

5 hours ago, The Dude said:

Barker was sat on the bench until the 80th minute for hibs last night. He's at Hibs to try win himself a contract since he's out on his arse at City in the summer.

Nemane was sent here to get "experience of being in and around a first-team squad on a daily basis" and see if he can kick on in training daily and force his way ito the first-team

Barker's still done considerably more at Hibs than Nemane has at us. If he was on the bench last night then that's a surprise as he's a good player - but maybe they just wanted another battler in there and a bit less craft, it happens.

Your description of why Nemane is here is probably right but makes it sound like we're doing someone else the favour.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Are they not both out of contract in the summer? I'm sure there was talk of us assessing him with a view to picking him up if we liked him as he wouldnt be contracted.

To me it appears one is developed and first team ready. Can make a difference. Has something in his locker now that will interest clubs and rightly so.

We got the other one.

Hitting the nail on the head!

I'd rather not develop players for for fucking sharks in the EPL, however, given where Scottish football is, and in our current situation, I can grudgingly accept that the loan route may offer us something. But by fuck, let's actually get something out of it, a player who can actually contribute at this level and is capable of delivering an improvement of what we have, nevermind not being able to even sniff the first team.

Additions like him are about at useful as bringing the likes of Dacio.

If we are being used to develop players for Arsenal, Man City, it would stick less in the craw if they weren't at chocolate fireguard status. Our 'use' of the loan market in the last few years has been average to horrific.

44 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I believe Halliday will be back and the club have asked for O'Halloran to come back too. No idea about Forrester. Club will sell it to us like new signings and we will fall for it, as we do. 

think you're right about them coming back.  don't think any of us are falling for any more bullshit mind

30 minutes ago, moody blue 1972 said:

think you're right about them coming back.  don't think any of us are falling for any more bullshit mind

40000 fell for it the other night mate. Fans will be fans, in defiance of everything telling them what's happening at the club is wrong and mediocre, they will still follow on. It does the club no favours sadly. The board need to know for sure that the majority of fans are not happy with the current state of affairs. 3 failed years later and 4 dud managers the board haven't got the message or they simply just don't care. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Based on what mate? I think Herrera looks OK without having had a proper chance. Not great but OK.

Just haven’t seen anything from Herrera that has impressed me so far. I remember a couple of good goals from Joe Dodoo and he also didn’t get many starts. Not saying Dodoo is the answer to partner Morelos up front, but I could see it working better than Herrera. Just my opinion, could be wrong, may never find out....

Just now, James Rolle said:

Just haven’t seen anything from Herrera that has impressed me so far. I remember a couple of good goals from Joe Dodoo and he also didn’t get many starts. Not saying Dodoo is the answer to partner Morelos up front, but I could see it working better than Herrera. Just my opinion, could be wrong, may never find out....

Herrera scored a couple of good goals too .. Ross County away and a cracking flick away to Thistle.

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

That's interesting, - I'm hoping for changes/improvements something to support  in the new year

As I said, there'll be no new signings so I expect if Murty says he needs players he's getting the loans back

23 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

As I said, there'll be no new signings so I expect if Murty says he needs players he's getting the loans back

Even though we need new signings I can't see Murty getting funds to buy players the more I think about it.

He's only manager to the end of the season, maybe even less than that at this rate so why would you give him the funds when we will be bringing someone else in anyway?

If he gets a couple of million to spend you can read into that that he'll be our next manager period, beyond the end of the season. That would be set in stone.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Even though we need new signings I can't see Murty getting funds to buy players the more I think about it.

He's only manager to the end of the season, maybe even less than that at this rate so why would you give him the funds when we will be bringing someone else in anyway?

If he gets a couple of million to spend you can read into that that he'll be our next manager period, beyond the end of the season. That would be set in stone.

There will be signings before the Florida trip, doesn’t mean he’ll get the job beyond this season. Depends on where we finish, even if 2nd but 20 points behind celtic, he’s gone I think. 

2 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Reports that josh windass may be leaving, the players will definitely be brought back. 

We tried to get rid of him in the summer but he refused to leave.  His recent form might have clubs down South interested but how do we know the player himself would agree to go?  

Anything over £1m I'd take and se the money to pay off a couple of others.  Clearing the books should be a top priority at the moment.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

We tried to get rid of him in the summer but he refused to leave.  His recent form might have clubs down South interested but how do we know the player himself would agree to go?  

Anything over £1m I'd take and se the money to pay off a couple of others.  Clearing the books should be a top priority at the moment.

Windlass is turning in some good performances and scoring crucial goals. I wouldn’t take a million for him, don’t think we could replace him for that. 

1 minute ago, James Rolle said:

Windlass is turning in some good performances and scoring crucial goals. I wouldn’t take a million for him, don’t think we could replace him for that. 

http://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2017/12/35m-bid-submitted-for-Rangers-forward.html