• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FSM said:

Just been looking at his stats.....

I know he was only 18 when he last played in the SPL, but 18 games and 0 goals isn't great, even for an 18 year old. Then he starts scoring 20+ in the championship for 3 solid seasons. Then he only manages 4 in 17 for Notts Forrest.

If Waghorn mated with Nicky Clark.....

There's crap loads of 18 year olds who couldn't score at a decent level. To go at 19 and score 20+ goals in the Championship is streets ahead of a lot of players at that age. Christ even Harry Kane was only scoring 4/5 goals a season on loan spells (not comparing them directly but it's worth looking at his stats pre-Spurs).

Played in the correct position he will score, a talented wee player and with the right coaching will become a great wee player, he's a wee annoying shit but now he's our wee annoying shit and if he winds up the Tim's and the hivs he'll do alright by me. Welcome to the greatest team in the world what a chance you have  grasp it with both hands and we all will back you. 

12 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Hopefully but I just see him as a poor mans Waghorn. Look at what he did in the championship then was completely out of his depth when we got promoted.

I thought he was shite in the championship to be fair. A lot of his goals were penalties or quite lucky. He's well worth this 6 month loan punt anyway.

A lot has been made of Cummings. But I reckon Murphy will be a better signing, and short term Goss will do well. 

There is a lot of deadwood we need to shift aswell. Alves, Herrera, maybe Cardoso, Dalcio, Halliday, O’Halloran...

41 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

How the fuck do some people manage do get up in the morning and make it through the day without topping themselves?

Miserable cunts. Live a little. Try cracking a smile. Go on.

Where have you been for the last 5 years? 

13 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Yeah the signings are exciting to an extent but are all loans. Cummings who hasn't even played in the premiership here.

Dont want to get away the feel good factor but just looking for a bit of realism. 3 guys signed 2 from the lower leagues in England who haven't kicked a ball and another who hasn't in the EPL.

I hope I'm proved wrong but it's performances on the park that count and we had all this optimism in the summer too without seeing anyone perform.

Take your point entirely.

All I would add is that at least we have some knowledge about how some of the new guys can perform.

It’s up to those who’ve not had much game time to shake off the rust & play like they can.

That said, it’s possibly a big ask to expect them all to come good in a short time scale.

Put me down as ‘cautiously optimistic’.

In Scotland alone he has scored against Rangers Hertz, St Johnstone, Dundee Utd to name but a few.

20+ goals in the last couple of seasons as he's matured as a professional.

Went to new club and scored via Newcastle and Sheffield Utd.

I'll give him a chance and believe in him based on how he's developed rather than how he got on as a kid.

14 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

I just feel well in particular that Cummings is being built up as some messiah for some strange reason.

The guy can't get a game for a team 15th in the championship and only scored goals in the second tier here. So yeah a loan is good but too much expected of him already.

He will score goals here no doubt about that,things didn’t go to plan at forest but that happens sometimes with players.

hes a poacher and exactly what we’ve been missing 

5 hours ago, FSM said:

Just been looking at his stats.....

I know he was only 18 when he last played in the SPL, but 18 games and 0 goals isn't great, even for an 18 year old. Then he starts scoring 20+ in the championship for 3 solid seasons. Then he only manages 4 in 17 for Notts Forrest.

If Waghorn mated with Nicky Clark.....

He scored 4 goals in 10 starts in a struggling forest team.

he will score goals in the spfl mark my words