LAST time we had a hero??

Junior Soprano

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Can't recall Ferguson milking the club for every last penny he could when the club was on its knees financially or demanding penny shares.

Tbf to Ally, he never demanded them. He was given them as a "goodwill gesture" for making green fight to keep the titles.Ā 

36 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Albertz? Novo? Gazza? None of those? I could go on and on and on...

"Last" was the operative word here, mate. But tbh, I think 'hero' is the wrong word to use in my case, as even with KM I'm 10+ years older (sucks to be getting older).Ā  'Favourite' would be a better fit.Ā  Certainly Albertz and Novo would be among my favouritesĀ  Gazza not so much, as I spent my formative years down south in England when he was an up and coiming player with Newcastle and then Spurs, well before his Rangers days. He was always a player (and a bit of a daft dickhead) you loved to hate, unless he played for your team. Remind you of anyone? When he did become a Rangers player,Ā  I guess he never won me over totally.Ā  I was more of a Laudrup fan, anyway.