Murty press conference

KingKirk

47 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

Agreed with all of your post mate .... with one caveat ... that being, that Levein was correct in his condemnation of the lego muncher .... as he was with his comment about the "natural order" being restored after winning the Embra derby recently.

Anything that gets up their taigy arseholes  (as consenting adults of course) only contributes to brighten up my day ..... :p:

:UK: 

Too true mate . Not a fan of  Levien but wish we had a few in our ranks, that would take these scumbags on

2 hours ago, pcbear said:

That's a big injury list Dorrans/Jack and McCrorie all first picks imo add Miller, Wallace. Alves and Rossiter and that's a lot of our footballers out of action for varying time scales.

Murty does talk well, every question answered to the point.

The last 4 shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team fit or not. 

Murty has shown he is constantly ahead of what passes as journalists in this country, he's composed and never ruffled. I know that Walter was very adept at showing how stupid some of the questions posed could be but Murty never seems tempted to put the questioner down, although he must be tempted at times. he gives a reasoned answer to each and every question.  His response to the Scott Brown question was the perfect response.  DanGer, stop talking sense, you're far too new for that !

4 hours ago, DanGer said:

Hello to you all, new member here. I’ve sat and watched this press conference 4 times now and I can’t  get the thought of Murty as permanent manager out my head. He understands the club, the expectations, what should be expected from each and every player. Wearing that shirt should be a privilege and I think most of the current squad are getting that. I’m new, be gentle. FTP

Defo not a taig they would've watched that video at least 10 times 

Just one little niggle for me in that presser, all the rest he handed really well but when asked about offers for players we wanted out, he should just have said that they had offers but the players concerned didn't want to leave, we all know the only reason that they stayed was because they weren't willing to take a pay cut to go elsewhere, that nonsense about wanting to stay and fight for a place and push the 1st choice players didn't need to be said, the likes of O'Halloran etc know that they have no chance of getting picked but are just willing to take a paycheque, I really like Murty and want him to succeed, the thing I like about him is he appears to be an honest and honourable gentleman but that comment didn't sit right with me, stick to what you're good at Graeme and don't try to be to clever and you'll get all the support you are due, just a minor thing I know but it was a little annoying to me, mind you if that's all I have to complain about he's doing alright.

17 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

I don't actually think we turned down £8m for Morelos. There's just no way. 

Murty has never confirmed or denied the bid amount, so it’s irrelevant. The point he made was that a bid for Alfredo didn’t meet our valuation of our player. 

2 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

Murty has never confirmed or denied the bid amount, so it’s irrelevant. The point he made was that a bid for Alfredo didn’t meet our valuation of our player. 

Good point, well made. OK let me put it another way, I don't think £8m was offered. If it had been, he wouldn't be our player anymore. 

28 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Just one little niggle for me in that presser, all the rest he handed really well but when asked about offers for players we wanted out, he should just have said that they had offers but the players concerned didn't want to leave

He did. 

1 minute ago, evenstevens said:

Good point, well made. OK let me put it another way, I don't think £8m was offered. If it had been, he wouldn't be our player anymore. 

I would probably agree with you if the offer was made at the start of the window and gave us a chance to bring in as good or better quality. But with 24 hours to go before it shut - I’d like to think we did reject a high offer (of course we’ll never know for sure if it was 8m) so not to derail our season with a lot still to play for. 

8 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

He did. 

Yes he did but he embellished it, all he had to say was, " yes there were offers but the players concerned decided that they wanted to stay" and left it at that, no need for the rest of it, IMO the extra comment made him look silly as no one in their right mind believes it.

38 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

No one knows what was offered, what we do know is that it wasn't enough, which I think most fans are happy about. 

He believes it though. Remember he sees those players everyday - we may see them for the last 10 minutes of a game if we’re lucky (or unlucky), so we may think MOH, Halliday, Dodoo, Herrera etc. have no right to be in the squad, but we don’t see them train every day. I have to say, something that sets Murty apart from any of our previous managers of late, is that he has a canny ability to get the best from the players and perhaps that stems from being a development team coach as that’s what you are primarily in the job to do vs a Warburton or Pedro who relied  on players they knew that would  fit a style of play that they thought would be successful. 

I’ve generalized, but I do believe him and I do think the fringe or out of favor players feel invigorated with Murty at the helm and  would rather stay and fight for a place like Rangers than be sold to a backwater club as they know the only way us down. Proof in point is look at Wilson and Holt for starters. 

7 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'd agree largely. I just think we could perhaps get a bit more protection if he handled it slightly different.

The tackle in his opinion wasn't deliberate. Fine. But surely he could have said we have been punished for similar tackles, for lesser challenges,  but have had several serious injuries directly caused by opponents. Cardoso, Jack, Dorrans spring to mind. And we're at times not even getting fouls let alone opposition carded for reckless or dangerous challenges. Talk about consistency etc and the need for referees to enforce rules to protect players.

By saying he on the whole thinks refs are doing ok he's effectively puting zero pressure on them to be sharper in their protection of our team. More of the same is fine.

And it's not.

Maybe it’s his strategy for keeping the refs onside & not getting their backs up against us.

Be interesting to see how that plays out....

7 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think his press conferences have improved no end since he became permanent manager. Previously, he seemed a little like a rabbit in the headlights, always polite, professional, courteous but just as if it was all a bit too much for him to deal with, and very much like he was merely the under 20s manager.

He still remains polite, professional, courteous but he now has a confidence and authority about him when he speaks. He's very to the point and matter of fact. He simplifies things and knows how to answer and deal with certain probes from the press. IMO he now has the presence of a manager. He doesn't seem to suffer fools and has a steely determination and drive to succeed.

Of course, words, phrases, answers are one thing. We've heard it all before from McCoist, Warburton and Caixinha. Talk is cheap. What happens on the park is all that matters however it just seems a little different because slowly but surely Murty is not only doing his talking off the park, most importantly we're doing our talking on the park. His relationship with Allen has obviously evolved, the squad is getting better, results are getting better, his credibility is increasing internally and externally and there's no riddles or cliches when he speaks. No buzzwords or repetitive nonsense. Just straightforward leadership, that if i'm being honest am pleasantly surprised to see. His handling of the Morelos situation and the transfer window, in general, combined with continuing our recent little run, IMO has been superb.

I get that many still might not be fully taken in or convinced by Murty, that's fine, i've no issue with that, but in his very short spell he's already achieving results and performances that some of his predecessors failed to achieve. The results against lower league opposition are still a significant concern but hopefully we are on the right track. It's very early days but as long as we keep winning, aided by another tomorrow things are certainly looking up for all concerned and long may it continue...............

Best post so far this year.

I'm slowly starting to believe in Murty but as you say it's all about performances and results. That's another 3 wins on the trot but we need a run of 9 or 10. That's when we'll be back to championship winning form.

17 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Best post so far this year.

I'm slowly starting to believe in Murty but as you say it's all about performances and results. That's another 3 wins on the trot but we need a run of 9 or 10. That's when we'll be back to championship winning form.

I'm in a similar boat. I felt Murty had been thrown under a bus to an extent but somehow he's suddenly a very credible option and is exceeding my expectations.

Beating top 6 teams, winning 3 in a row more than once, getting underperforming players playing better, bringing stability, recruiting better all whilst learning on the job for a club of our size shouldn't be something to get over excited about but the reality is we do look as good as we have in years. In context that's not necessarily a dramatic improvement but for me, personally I can certainly a clearer vision, direction and ultimately a path to success and a return to where we belong.

I'm not naive and things are never simple with us but maybe just maybe we may be turning the corner. I'm certainly not getting carried away but I'm more optimistic than I was towards the end of last year.

Going on a winning streak of 8, 9, 10 games has to be the aim. It's a tough ask but not impossible. We're still very much a work in progress but we're not far away IMO. If the season started today I would give us a real chance of winning the league. A good summer of recruitment though and we really are right back in amongst it.

Hopefully the winning run continues today.

15 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

Agreed with all of your post mate .... with one caveat ... that being, that Levein was correct in his condemnation of the lego muncher .... as he was with his comment about the "natural order" being restored after winning the Embra derby recently.

Anything that gets up their taigy arseholes  (as consenting adults of course) only contributes to brighten up my day ..... :p:

:UK: 

Exactly this.

Anything that gets up their taig arseholes from now on. Let's start to establish this club again and give it the status it deserves.

Should be mandatory from now on for any Rangers minded pundit,commentator,representative,ex player etc to to REINTRODUCE "the natural order of things" back into common language when referring to the old firm.

Little things like using the word Rangers BEFORE the word c****c each and every time you mention both in a sentence. Scotland 's biggest club, Scotland 's most successful club, etc.

It's not small or petty. It's simply the way it's always been before these jumped up fucks seized control of the media and now slowly try to airbrush history.