Fortress Ibrox

The Ibrox Derry

Many years ago we could go a season, or sometimes 2 seasons without being beaten at home, as titled above, it was Fortress Ibrox. Now for me this inconsistency started to creep in around about the time we got Auchenhowie as our training centre. The players would only be at Ibrox on match days etc. It certainly isnt an excuse, but could it be a factor that our players even with 50k supporters behind them are playing in a stadium which they only visit on match days, and is sometimes as alien to them as it is the opposition. Should more training be done on the pitch at Ibrox. Should more time be spent in and around the Stadium. Players of old knew every nook and cranny of Ibrox, and thus treated it as their home. I think there is a detachment from that nowadays.

5 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Many years ago we could go a season or sometimes 2 seasons without being beaten at home, as titled above, it was Fortress Ibrox. Now for me this inconsistency started to creep in around about the time we got Auchenhowie as our training centre. The players would only be at Ibrox on match days etc. It certainly isnt an excuse, but could it be a factor that our players even with 50k supporters behind them are playing in a stadium which they only visit on match days. Should more training be done on the pitch at Ibrox. Should more time be spent in and around the Stadium.

"50k supporters behind them". Personally I don't think that's the case, attending and being behind the team are not the same thing. I can understand why the atmosphere is flat given the dross we've had to watch in recent years but the Ibrox support does nothing to make it an intense or intimidating atmosphere for opposing teams.

2 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Nope! Bottom line is we've not got players good enough to win 3 games in a row never mind where we train. If anything the cunts should be training more to even try and resemble Rangers players!

We do. 

Our squad is by far the second best in the league. Hard to win games like yesterday when you’re going 2 v 4 in midfield.

Long for the day we have a decent manager in charge again.

6 minutes ago, gsa said:

"50k supporters behind them". Personally I don't think that's the case, attending and being behind the team are not the same thing. I can understand why the atmosphere is flat given the dross we've had to watch in recent years but the Ibrox support does nothing to make it an intense or intimidating atmosphere for opposing teams.

The atmosphere was fine yesterday. 

18 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Many years ago we could go a season, or sometimes 2 seasons without being beaten at home, as titled above, it was Fortress Ibrox. Now for me this inconsistency started to creep in around about the time we got Auchenhowie as our training centre. The players would only be at Ibrox on match days etc. It certainly isnt an excuse, but could it be a factor that our players even with 50k supporters behind them are playing in a stadium which they only visit on match days, and is sometimes as alien to them as it is the opposition. Should more training be done on the pitch at Ibrox. Should more time be spent in and around the Stadium. Players of old knew every nook and cranny of Ibrox, and thus treated it as their home. I think there is a detachment from that nowadays.

Nope, too scientific.from 2001 -2011 we continuosly had a squad infintely better than everyone except sellick thats why it was a fortress (at times) 

And to blow your theory completely out the water ra sellick trained at Lennoxtown all last season and only visited the Theatre of Screams on matchdays 

7 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Nope, too scientific.from 2001 -2011 we continuosly had a squad infintely better than everyone except sellick thats why it was a fortress (at times) 

And to blow your theory completely out the water ra sellick trained at Lennoxtown all last season and only visited the Theatre of Screams on matchdays 

No, they get taken there after midnight for sex with Brenda and Peter.

27 minutes ago, Iron Proddy said:

Ground is full of old da's that throw a fit when you screw up a pass and contribute to an overall negative experience.

We needs safe standing badly.

So it will be full of these people standing up...makes no sence

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Or we're playing the wrong system. 

This. The players have proven they can do it, but why they can't week in week out is frustrating as fuck.

Re the atmosphere, I don't know what could be done. There are people behind us that constantly complain about others getting into the game, standing up and giving the team support.

I know it could be annoying, but how can you go to the football and expect people, especially when we are winning  to sit on your arse for 90 mins in silence. 

I don't know how those who like everyone to be seated and clap politely will cope when European nights are back.

I'd like two sections, the UB one and one in the Copland Front for people who just want to give it their all for the full 90. Sometimes by the time the atmosphere has travelled round the stadium it starts do die down a little from where it started.