Murty’s record since being officially appointed

Essandoh

55 minutes ago, GT66 said:

I don't see a top manager coming in and being happy that Allen will have a say in the transfers. Murtys a coach, so it's looking like this set up will work well.

Both Murtys losses have either been with Pedros squad, or the Hibs game quickly after new players coming in and not being completely settled. 

Why not? it is perfectly common for a DoF to have a major input in transfers.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I have noticed also is teams are fearing us more, under Warbs and Pedro the Falkirk team today would have came at us believing they were better and believing we were there for the taking.

Now teams are playing us and know if they want a win they will need to earn it and know we have stopped passing for the sake of passing and the fannying about, if we had Warbs or Pedro in charge today's game would have been different as we would have faced a confident Falkirk team pounding away at us.

He's been terrific since bringing his own players in but football is fickle, especially for managers. At the moment we're still within a slight chance of 55 and in the cup,  this time next month we could be back to fighting to keep 2nd and out of the cup. I have faith in him though. 

Actually, thinking about it, his record's a bit more impressive when you consider our injury list and the players he has had to do without.

Still have wee reservations as I think that horrible fucking scrote at hivs has out-thought him tactically in the last two games against them, both the win and the loss. I suppose he's still learning though.

1 hour ago, GT66 said:

I don't see a top manager coming in and being happy that Allen will have a say in the transfers. Murtys a coach, so it's looking like this set up will work well.

Both Murtys losses have either been with Pedros squad, or the Hibs game quickly after new players coming in and not being completely settled. 

correct. 

I'm starting to think that we have stumbled upon a way of making the director of football/first team coach  set up actually work for a big club .

Murty was well known to the squad before he took over the reigns. he's doing a great job .he's getting results ,he's getting the team playing well and getting a feel good factor back that's been missing since Smith left 

He has come from within the set up without being disrespectful to him he has no manager experience to allow an ego get in the way of MA doing his job .

It's going to be very difficult to get a manager in that will take us on even further next year and it could effectively knock us back a stage or 2.

Just now, cushynumber said:

Where would that put us in the league - if it had started when he was officially appointed?

You’re making me sieve through the Tarriers and Sheep’s results here but...

1st - Rangers - 10 games - 22 points

2nd - Tarriers - 9 games - 20 points

3rd - Sheep - 9 games - 13 points

1 minute ago, wullyRFC said:

They've lost 1 drawn 1 and we've lost 1 since then excluding the OF as we cancelled each other out

so, if the league had started from when Murty officially took charge,  we would be 2 clear of cellic at the top having played a game more. Correct?

39 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

I wouldn't underestimate the influence of Jimmy Nicholl in this turnaround as we seem to have found some attitude and fight. Also, the recruitment in January has had a very positive impact.

Whatever the reasons, we're definitely getting better and long may it continue. I hope he continues to succeed.

And Mark Allen’s nose for a player 

a management team that looks very promising 

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

We've lost 2 since he was officially appointed, was appointed manager the week of the Killie game we lost 2-1. 

So it was I started counting from the game after that so 1 point behind and played a game more

6 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

so, if the league had started from when Murty officially took charge,  we would be 2 clear of cellic at the top having played a game more. Correct?

Unless I’ve missed something then yeah.