MrMckee

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, To Be A Ranger said:

He was made an offer but wants more money as far as I know. If he wants more than we think he's worth then it's bye bye.

That’s what I mean I’d love to know the offer an who’s at fault for what should be a straight forward extension, he’s worth 3/4 grand basic max! if he’s want 10+ I’d say he’s no chance, an that’s crazy from him this contract is about establishing yourself at a club to get a good deal in the next one 

judas Allan should be a warning that money isn’t everything an carving a career out is more important 

7 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Out of curiosity I’d love to know what the hold up is with getting a deal done with big Bates 

Is it Rangers being really stingy with the offer, I mean he’s worth a couple grand a week no more no less an he should be very thankful or is the big fella’s mind being poisoned by his agent advising him not to sign for whatever the offer is hoping it will increase?

id have thought this would be the easiest contract extension out of everybody in the squad, surely!!! the big guy knows he’ll never get a move to a bigger or better club 

Agree that this would seem to be an easy decision on an improved contract offer, even if his agent is acting the prick. Hope it's resolved soon.

6 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

He was made an offer but wants more money as far as I know. If he wants more than we think he's worth then it's bye bye.

He's better than Martin and a mile ahead of that over rated, over paid wank Alves. He certainly worth a lot more than a couple of grand a week ffs.

57 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Kicked last week punched today, both yellows, seems to be open season on our players , every ref in this league are fuckin brutal.

Our players need to start demanding more from the referee. I have lost count on the occasions our support witness aggressive tackles combined with negligent officiating . Rangers players need to be collectively challenging poor decisions. You win fuck all by being continually obedient. That mob are at it from start to finish. If ref doesn’t listen then we should interpret his intransigence as an endorsement to resolve these matters  by brute force???

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

He's better than Martin and a mile ahead of that over rated, over paid wank Alves. He certainly worth a lot more than a couple of grand a week ffs.

Aye more than £2k a week certainly but not the close on £10k that his agent is reportedly asking

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Hindsight mate, wonderful ain’t it! 

With regards to Bates has done fuck all in his career to date it’s only really taking off so imo 3/4 grand a week basic is about right 

Apperarence an win bonus if he plays bumps it up again don’t forget so defo 3/4 grand for me

14 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

With regards to Bates has done fuck all in his career to date it’s only really taking off so imo 3/4 grand a week basic is about right 

What's that got to do with anything? Fuck it, bring back Senderos and his wonderful CV then.

It doesn't matter a fuck what they do (or have done) elsewhere, it only matters what they do when they play for Rangers.

Just now, plumbGER said:

What's that got to do with anything? Fuck it, bring back Senderos and his wonderful CV then.

It doesn't matter a fuck what they do (or have done) elsewhere, it only matters what they do when they play for Rangers.

This exactly. And as I just posted below criminal how Pena etc are getting paid a fortune and have contributed nothing 

19 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Wtf has senderos got to do with it ? 

We are talking abt how much Bates wants (£) to sign a new deal, for a guy who’s only came in an made an impression since the scum game when alves ripped his tights

he'd be a fool to move from raith rovers to Rangers an then fuck it up by being too greedy negotiating an extension, when he’s just starting to make a name for himself

if he left he would only go backwards which is crazy from the boy he’s not worth 10k+ Basic

If he signs a 2 year extension, plays regularly an to the standard req next year he will get more an will have deserved it by proving his worth over a longer period 

For me he needs to improve his heading clearances..watch the game back and he kept putting his clearance headers from inside the box into the centre of the D. Worst place to clear the ball. Just asking for a late arriving midfielder (next week) to get on the end of it. 

8 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Wtf has senderos got to do with it ?

The thing about what Bates has did in his career in comparison to Alves.

If you can't see the relevance of my point then there's no point discussing it further with you.

We can compare abilities and what they have did all day long based on what we haven seen, but you seem to want to clutch figures out the air to use as a stick to beat the boy with.

You don't know if he is being too greedy and you don't know how much he has been offered so you are better sticking to what you do know and that is what you have seen when he plays for us.

Our defence is awful and he's been the constant in it. It's actually incredulous that people think he's a player. And even more incredulous that people think it's okay he can't pass or control a football. 

54 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

This sums up the moronic element of our support. It's actually funny.

David Bates is "miles ahead" of Bruno Alves. 

Good Lord.

1 hour ago, To Be A Ranger said:

He is definitely a no nonsense CB but him and Alves were not exactly commanding tonight. Too many muddles when balls were crossed into our box.

I think he’s playing to the top of his game & has had a decent run, but we need to see if he can do it over more than quarter of a season before he gets any delusions of mega-deals.

I feel he always has a look of being at full stretch & a bit stressed about him.

Needs to keep his form up through the upcoming beggars games, then we can start talking.

15 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

The thing about what Bates has did in his career in comparison to Alves.

If you can't see the relevance of my point then there's no point discussing it further with you.

We can compare abilities and what they have did all day long based on what we haven seen, but you seem to want to clutch figures out the air to use as a stick to beat the boy with.

You don't know if he is being too greedy and you don't know how much he has been offered so you are better sticking to what you do know and that is what you have seen when he plays for us.

I like Bates an WANT him to sign, I posted on this thread asking if anybody had a clue what the hold up was, I assumed it would be straight forward extension 

Somebody said his agent looking for 10k+ that’s where the figures came from, I personally think he’s raw but getting better, sign an 18month deal an get the head down so that next year you’ll be offered the 10k+ An will have deserved the increase in wages

right now I think it’s a gamble giving him 10k+ he’s got more to prove 

forget the other high earners there is too many to mention they were all mistakes, time to cut they mistakes out an we are starting to do it by signing guys on loan before we buy them so we can justify whatever salary they are getting

20 minutes ago, gruggs said:

For me he needs to improve his heading clearances..watch the game back and he kept putting his clearance headers from inside the box into the centre of the D. Worst place to clear the ball. Just asking for a late arriving midfielder (next week) to get on the end of it. 

His vastly more experienced partner wasn’t much better in that department, either.

I've got a feeling that he's being paid a lot less than the rest of  the first team, given that he was kind of thrust in at the last minute.  If that is the case, and I admit this is only guesswork, then he and his agent are right to ask for some kind of parity with other first team choices.

2 minutes ago, Grundy said:

I've got a feeling that he's being paid a lot less than the rest of  the first team, given that he was kind of thrust in at the last minute.  If that is the case, and I admit this is only guesswork, then he and his agent are right to ask for some kind of parity with other first team choices.

I dunno the deal mccrorie got but if he’s looking for similar then he might get it he might not

I think mccrorie is a better cb than Bates just as efficient defending an better on the ball 

7 minutes ago, HG5 said:

His vastly more experienced partner wasn’t much better in that department, either.

Don't disagree on that at all. We weren't impressive at all on crossed balls. Especially when not a straight forward down their throat ball.

Weakest area of the team at the minute.