Bates

MrMckee

1 hour ago, gsa said:

Yes? It's bad news when you're on a football forum trying to correct people's grammar and getting it badly wrong. 

Worse when you’ve learned a big boy word and keep repeating it in an entirely incorrect context. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Tomatasauce said:

Because these guys have already carved a career and reputation out maybe? Done something in the game to the point we signed them on the deals they’ve got?

Imo bates wouldn’t be in the team barring injuries an poor performances from the guys you mention, Is he the answer long term? I dunno I’m only judging him on from dec till now, an that’s far too early to make my mind up on wether we should make him a first choice cb an reward him with a bumper new contract, we are supposed to be more prudent with our money now compared to us under Pedro 

id like him to stay but not if he’s being too greedy,(maybe he is, maybe he isn’t) I don’t think he’s that good right now, that we would struggle to replace him if he went 

Maybe, but it could be argued that they’ve done nothing for Rangers. 

Probably not, but what young player that makes it isn’t given a chance because of poor form or injuries to others. 

If you’d have asked me 7 years ago if it would be easy to replace him I’d have agreed. Since admin I don’t think we’ve had a CB who I’d consider as good a defender as him. Maybe Wilson or Hill, but even then there was real inconsistency. 

Bottom line is that he is first choice at the moment, and while I think £10k is too steep, £2k is far too stingy and I can’t blame a first choice player in his position for wanting more. 

1 hour ago, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

Did you just learn this word? You know you’re not using it properly though? 

Yes I meant to say "I'm incredulous". It's not easy being stupid.

Good of you to point it out though. 

58 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Worse when you’ve learned a big boy word and keep repeating it in an entirely incorrect context. 

Yeah I thought I'd been saying "I'm incredulous". 

Good of you to point it out though. Using phrases like " big boy word" makes you look really impressive. 

16 hours ago, MrMckee said:

Criminal how we are paying Pena, Herrera, alves and Cardoso probably a lot more than we are bates 

Youth prospects tend to earn a lot less than players who were signed for the first-team.  When the youth prospect starts breaking in to the first-team normally a new and improved contract is offered and that's happening is it not?  We don't know how much the club offered, or how much the player wants, but I'm sure they'll sort something out.

21 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That has absolutely fuck all to do with a player's ability

Well why did you initially mention it. 

Let me re-phrase it then, David Bates would never be good enough to play for any team who had qualified for a major tournament. 

On a serious note, why do you rate such shocking players? You do realise our defence is awful? You do realise he's a major part of our defence? Do you watch much football? The boy is a Scottish first division player? He looks like he uses all of his concentration running in a straight line. 

3 minutes ago, gsa said:

Well why did you initially mention it. 

Let me re-phrase it then, David Bates would never be good enough to play for any team who had qualified for a major tournament. 

On a serious note, why do you rate such shocking players? You do realise our defence is awful? You do realise he's a major part of our defence? Do you watch much football? The boy is a Scottish first division player? He looks like he uses all of his concentration running in a straight line. 

Because people keep bringing up that he won the Euros, but he played 90 mins out of a total 630.

Maybe.

What shocking players? Windass, who is one of our best? Bates, who has been our best centre back? Halliday? Yes, quite a bit, he's a Scottish Premiership player fighting to win a league.

3 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Maybe, but it could be argued that they’ve done nothing for Rangers. 

Probably not, but what young player that makes it isn’t given a chance because of poor form or injuries to others. 

If you’d have asked me 7 years ago if it would be easy to replace him I’d have agreed. Since admin I don’t think we’ve had a CB who I’d consider as good a defender as him. Maybe Wilson or Hill, but even then there was real inconsistency. 

Bottom line is that he is first choice at the moment, and while I think £10k is too steep, £2k is far too stingy and I can’t blame a first choice player in his position for wanting more. 

Can’t disagree with that mate other than the bit abt Bates being hard to replace as I said I want Bates to stay, purely since we have improved him an would be a waste of time and effort to let him go now, but if his head it turned looking for more Money than he realistically deserves (guesswork) then it’s a dangerous game he playing

we've has positive news regarding tav an windass signing new deals, imo the big chap should be signing an making us come back in 12 month wae improved terms

thing is on here most people are either jumping right into bed wae Bates or he’s a big donkey, I’m kinda inbetween, he’s no done much wrong but Im not praising him for either, lots of improvement needed for me just to get to McCrories level