Murty should be let go now.

Bighouse

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

I liked your post RB because I always value your opinions :thumbup: but I do hope some of what you have written is not true. 

I just cannot see how ticket sales will hold up if they (the board) keep Murty next season and I should add that I intend to renew my one.

Surely these hopeless cunts can read and see that fans are becoming completely pissed off by their third attempt at appointing a manager. I notice at least two posters in this thread saying they backed King when he took over but now see he has not done what he said he would, so people like you and me who did not want him involved are seeing the tide turn and people who supported him are not happy.

I take on board your point about affordability but can they really expect people to just buy season tickets without any hope of winning the league?

I think many will need to see a change from the board in a better direction, I just do not have any faith in them doing it that is my problem, and that probably means after writing what I have I agree more with you than I thought at first. :depressed:

I think ST sales will mostly hold up provided Murty does not have an utterly disastrous end to the season which, if it happened, might cause a lot of fans to think that might then spill over into next season.   In which case the board would have no alternative to act.  Then again they have a ready replacement in JN.  Reasons (in no particular order):

• Despite it being an age of internet forums and the often widely (and wildly) differing opinions posted on-line I think the vast majority just do what they've always done and support the Club by buying.  And in doing so place some degree of faith, even if its a decreasing degree these days, that the board will somehow do enough to keep the Club solvent and still find some money to improve the quality of player.  
  • Supporters will be inclined to give Murty the benefit of doubt as an openly declared learner manager who has suffered a swathe of injuries to players who were not available for selection but will hopefully be available for next season.    In other words he is cut quite a bit slack by mainstream Support but even that will have a reducing shelf life if this time next season we are still miles off from being properly competitive ie in with a chance of the title at the business end of the season.
  • We've been through a supposedly extensive recruitment campaign and the best it could produce was an inexperienced in-house non-manager.  So the board has pretty up to date analysis of other candidates and what it might be likely to cost to attract them to Rangers.   Come the end of this season not a lot of any significance will have changed in terms of that market and of our finances.  Point being it was Hobsons Choice in appointing Murty and nothing of significance will have changed at the end of the season unless there is a new board or new investors with a whole lot more money than ST sales, and better commercials, and player sales can generate.    I think the majority of Supporters will sense that and so if its to be Murty they just accept it whether they really like it or not. 

As I see it the future under this board as things stand is a slow incremental improvement over many seasons before a properly competitive title challenging side can be raised when (or more like if) Murty can ever shed his manager L-plate.   I don't see any alternative at the moment - there certainly is no sign as far as I can see of other much wealthier and better equipped investors appearing on the scene to inject significantly more funds into the Club.   

The margins are very fine. Morelos got flagged offside and could have been through on goal, just before Rogic equalises. 2-0 would have been a different game. We need to choose a manager for the long term and with Dorrans/McCrorie back in midfield and a good centre half, Murty would do a job. 

That said, Clarke could be better if he can maintain his current level. 

If the board are astute they will make an under the radar approach for a Clarke and if he accepts, then they must find a role for Murty. If he doesn't, then appoint Murty full time and let's see what he can do with a summer transfer window where we add a few quality players rather than making wholesale changes. 

Oh, and Clarke was a Kilmarnock fan. He would have no reason to lie to Shoot magazine as a young Chelsea player. 

8b12b94c80586283d584490dfcb8a20e.jpg

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I was one of the king backers. The alternative was a board draining us dry who were controlled by Ashley. We were 1 emergency loan away from fat mike owning Ibrox.

King however has failed to live up to the promises made. It's became very clear why he was only a board member in the previous regime. It's one step forward followed by two steps back.  A club of our size not being able to attract a manager and having had to appoint our youth coach speaks volumes of his leadership. We also have the on-going takeover panel.

But we are stuck with him for the foreseeable. King surely isn't stupid enough to believe the season tickets will keep on being renewed if there's no signs we can go after the title. He's going to have to make clear the manager's future quickly.

I have never backed him but I can understand why many like yourself did. 

I am really concerned at what is happening with our club and the manger situation is high on that concern. What direction we go in over the next couple of months will be crucial IMO if we are to stop these wankers winning 10. 

As I said to Reformation Bear in another post I intend to renew my season ticket again, but it will be with a heavy heart if we are not getting in an experienced manager for next season.

Win ratios for Murty

1st spell (6 matches) = 50%

2nd spell (2017 1st 12 matches) = 58%

3rd spell (2018 2nd 12 matches) = 75%

No denying there has been major improvement. We've lost 3 in 2018. 2 of them I don't think we deserved to lose but did. The Killie game we did deserved to lose but I think on that occasion the players let Murty down. Im not saying he shouldnt take his share of the blame for the home form but unless we are unable to regain our form in the next few matches Murty should remain in charge until the season ends. We should then reassess. 

42 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I think ST sales will mostly hold up provided Murty does not have an utterly disastrous end to the season which, if it happened, might cause a lot of fans to think that might then spill over into next season.   In which case the board would have no alternative to act.  Then again they have a ready replacement in JN.  Reasons (in no particular order):

• Despite it being an age of internet forums and the often widely (and wildly) differing opinions posted on-line I think the vast majority just do what they've always done and support the Club by buying.  And in doing so place some degree of faith, even if its a decreasing degree these days, that the board will somehow do enough to keep the Club solvent and still find some money to improve the quality of player.  
  • Supporters will be inclined to give Murty the benefit of doubt as an openly declared learner manager who has suffered a swathe of injuries to players who were not available for selection but will hopefully be available for next season.    In other words he is cut quite a bit slack by mainstream Support but even that will have a reducing shelf life if this time next season we are still miles off from being properly competitive ie in with a chance of the title at the business end of the season.
  • We've been through a supposedly extensive recruitment campaign and the best it could produce was an inexperienced in-house non-manager.  So the board has pretty up to date analysis of other candidates and what it might be likely to cost to attract them to Rangers.   Come the end of this season not a lot of any significance will have changed in terms of that market and of our finances.  Point being it was Hobsons Choice in appointing Murty and nothing of significance will have changed at the end of the season unless there is a new board or new investors with a whole lot more money than ST sales, and better commercials, and player sales can generate.    I think the majority of Supporters will sense that and so if its to be Murty they just accept it whether they really like it or not. 

As I see it the future under this board as things stand is a slow incremental improvement over many seasons before a properly competitive title challenging side can be raised when (or more like if) Murty can ever shed his manager L-plate.   I don't see any alternative at the moment - there certainly is no sign as far as I can see of other much wealthier and better equipped investors appearing on the scene to inject significantly more funds into the Club.   

I agree that many (and I include myself in that) will renew whoever our manager is RB, but I also think that many will not if we go with Murty next season. He will certainly need to finish 2nd and that is not guaranteed at the moment unfortunately I would think for fans to have much faith in another season under him. IF he wins the Scottish Cup that would probably seal it for him, but I am not hopeful of that happening.   

I suppose we will have to wait and see what happens with results over the rest of the season, once again we are hoping for good things to happen rather than expecting them to. We are getting used to it unfortunately. 

49 minutes ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

Win ratios for Murty

1st spell (6 matches) = 50%

2nd spell (2017 1st 12 matches) = 58%

3rd spell (2018 2nd 12 matches) = 75%

No denying there has been major improvement. We've lost 3 in 2018. 2 of them I don't think we deserved to lose but did. The Killie game we did deserved to lose but I think on that occasion the players let Murty down. Im not saying he shouldnt take his share of the blame for the home form but unless we are unable to regain our form in the next few matches Murty should remain in charge until the season ends. We should then reassess. 

Seeing some reports that reading are interested in Murty for the manager job now they have sacked stam. Initially thought it was more Scottish press garbage. But he's a club legend for them. He made over 300 appearances and was captain.

I would be curious if there's truth in it to see how our board reacts to an approach. 

If it's true it's a get out of jail card for our board if they have doubts. 

Let's cut to the chase here. Murty is fucking hopeless and never a Rangers manager in a million years.

It tells you all you need to know about King and our board that Murty was given the job in the first place.

I actually cringe watching his post-match interviews. He's a fucking arselick.

And now an online poll suggests 52% of Rangers fans want him here next season and Matt Lindsay in the Herald pushing the narrative that celtic backed popcorn teeth and we should do the same with Murty. Fuck right off!

Say what you like about the scum but they knew Ronnie Dildo was, well, a dildo, and Fritzl got the chequebook out and brought in Brenda. 

Compare that to Dithering Dave who seems to mumble and stutter his way from one disaster to another the incompetent bastard that he is.

Get Murty out now and spend whatever it takes to get a REAL MANAGER in!!!!!

4 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Let's cut to the chase here. Murty is fucking hopeless and never a Rangers manager in a million years.

It tells you all you need to know about King and our board that Murty was given the job in the first place.

I actually cringe watching his post-match interviews. He's a fucking arselick.

And now an online poll suggests 52% of Rangers fans want him here next season and Matt Lindsay in the Herald pushing the narrative that celtic backed popcorn teeth and we should do the same with Murty. Fuck right off!

Say what you like about the scum but they knew Ronnie Dildo was, well, a dildo, and Fritzl got the chequebook out and brought in Brenda. 

Compare that to Dithering Dave who seems to mumble and stutter his way from one disaster to another the incompetent bastard that he is.

Get Murty out now and spend whatever it takes to get a REAL MANAGER in!!!!!

No Real Madrid manager is ever going to come to Rangers mate.

On 3/21/2018 at 17:35, Blue_Devil said:

If the board are astute they will make an under the radar approach for a Clarke and if he accepts, then they must find a role for Murty. If he doesn't, then appoint Murty full time and let's see what he can do with a summer transfer window where we add a few quality players rather than making wholesale changes. 

Shoot me now!!!!