Murty should be let go now.

Bighouse

My tuppenceworth. New poster so bear with me!  In my opinion what has happened since January is what normally happens when a new manager comes in.  They get that wee boost for a few weeks. Obviously never happened when Pedro came in, but hey ho.  Murty, yer a good guy and yes you brought us in from where Pedro left us.  However, time to hold yer hands up big man and admit this is a job too soon for you.  I am sure you will find s club you are suited to and you have proven to be competent in the dig out.  But at this moment and time, I’m sorry dude you are nonwhat we need.   

Thank you for some good memories, and thank you for almost dragging this team into a title race, but go and cut your teeth elsewhere!

So gm says we should keep believing ? Believing in what son that most of our players are bottle merchants and that you as manager have not got a clue and our home record this season is a fucking disgrace. no thanks we have given you more than enough time to sort out the mistakes we keep on making and you have had our full backing but enough is enough your time is up. fuck you are even starting to sound like Warburton never mind act like him and this is only going to end one way You were given the chance of a lifetime and you have blown it time to go.

I will say again what I said before we were linked with Pedro (and I was laughed at)

We need to get a no nonsense, experienced manager in short term in order to sort the dross from the decent and get rid of those lacking the correct mentality.

If he does well then we can consider extending his contract, if not then at least we know where we are for getting a better manager in during the summer. We will have more of chance appointing a better manager during the summer as he will hopefully have some money to play with.

Trying to get the best manager we can at this time and give him a long term contract is a fools errand. 

If we get another rookie/unknown on a long term contract during this time then I'm getting getting close to fucking chucking it.

If that happens then our club will die slowly and painfully under this regime.

What is this guy smokin keeps telling us to believe believe in what certainly not him as a fukin manager of a club like Rangers or that he can finish second  or beat those mhanky bastards anytime soon

Should never have been appointed in the first place.

Hard to believe only a few weeks ago there were people on here desperate for him to be given the job.

We have an ineffectual leader in Davie King and the Rangers support will continue to suffer whilst he's running the show.

The Board let us down with The Loaf, The Bullfighter and now the hapless Murty.

Rangers need proper men to take the club by the scruff of the neck. We need a proper Manager. Only then will we be ready to challenge celtic for the title.

3 hours ago, CharlieWat25 said:

Murty, yer a good guy and yes you brought us in from where Pedro left us.  However, time to hold yer hands up big man and admit this is a job too soon for you. 

Pedro was in charge of Rangers for 20 games and earned 38 points.

Murty's been in charge for 21 games and earned 40 points.

Performances under Murty haven't been any better than what we were getting under Pedro.  He hasn't "brought us on" at all.  

22 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Performances under Murty haven't been any better than what we were getting under Pedro.  He hasn't "brought us on" at all.  

Can't agree on that, performances have definitely improved in many instances, we've managed to string together a decent run of wins under Murty when Pedro couldn't even get three in a row and he's made a better go of the transfer market. So there has been improvement compared to before

That still doesn't make it good enough ultimately though and Murty's chances should be gone after the last two games

Where Pedro cost us points in draws murty is costing us in losses.   If the board decide to bin him then if they really cared for the club they would openly invite a new managing director and CEO.  It’s quite clear they’ve taken us as far as they can and the mantle should be passed to someone else.

if no one comes forward then fair enough but they need to atleast ask for help and admit they’ve made more disastrous decisions than good ones.

2 hours ago, simplythebest said:

Can't agree on that, performances have definitely improved in many instances, we've managed to string together a decent run of wins under Murty when Pedro couldn't even get three in a row and he's made a better go of the transfer market. So there has been improvement compared to before

That still doesn't make it good enough ultimately though and Murty's chances should be gone after the last two games

I would agree that performances have improved. We have certainly played better football under murty at times. When compared to the utter dross Pedro served up. 

But it's not good enough. Defensively we are still a bomb scare. We are also far too predictable. Murty can't change a game when it's going against us. It's Warburton 2.0. Same approach regardless. 

We need a change and a tried and tested manager at the helm. 

5 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You should post this in The Dude stats thread. Put some clarity on that load pish. . 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You should post this in The Dude stats thread. Put some clarity on that load pish. . 

It's about winning games that actually matter, ones that get us somewhere. EG losing against celtic is never acceptable to us as a support. But what would we choose?

1 Losing all games against celtic in a season and winning the league

2 Winning all games against celtic in a season and coming second

I know certain posters with learning difficulties like @Goosetav do not understand this point, but it's a fairly simple one. We are clearly not winning anything under Murty or Pedro, but we would take Smith back in a heartbeat. 

Why? Because although Smiths teams did slip up, you knew that the team would be back the next week ready to prove a point with an unwavering mentality.

Murty? We could have won that old firm match, and lost the next two matches easily.

That's the difference.

We have to be very careful how we handle the Murty situation. Long shot as it is, he still has a chance at a cup. He wins that and he is in here next year. Its an easy decision for the boardroom to make.

The chances are he wont though and the season will peter out much as last ones did and we will be looking for a new manager. This is then a much harder decision that the board face because the issue is - while he may not be 1st team manager material, he is an asset to the club. Will he happily step back into 1st team coach?  if he doesn't get the gig, then he may want to try his luck elsewhere rather than stay with Rangers - and again, I think that would be a loss to the club as he is obviously a talented coach at that level. 

The board cant just make the easy decision here, but neither can they just dump a decent bloke who will do a brilliant job at the club with our younger players.

20 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Are you related to this taig ? Never been seen near the piggery , where did that gem come from ? The guy would walk over hot coals to get to the team he and his family support. This guy is not stopping the filth win 10 titles.

How can he, he's managing Kilmarnock not fucking Barcelona.

35 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

We have to be very careful how we handle the Murty situation. Long shot as it is, he still has a chance at a cup. He wins that and he is in here next year. Its an easy decision for the boardroom to make.

The chances are he wont though and the season will peter out much as last ones did and we will be looking for a new manager. This is then a much harder decision that the board face because the issue is - while he may not be 1st team manager material, he is an asset to the club. Will he happily step back into 1st team coach?  if he doesn't get the gig, then he may want to try his luck elsewhere rather than stay with Rangers - and again, I think that would be a loss to the club as he is obviously a talented coach at that level. 

The board cant just make the easy decision here, but neither can they just dump a decent bloke who will do a brilliant job at the club with our younger players.

IMO the only real priority for the board is to decide what is best for Rangers in terms of getting a properly experienced and patently suitable first team manager who should be able to get a whole lot more out of the playing resources to become a proper title challenging side than Murty can do while he is still a learner-manager.   Murty and whatever happens to him or whatever he decides to do if he is replaced as manager is up to him.  I think finding a replacement for his development team coaching skills is very much a second order matter and easier to resolve than finding a first team manager that can assemble a proper title challenging side.  

Nevertheless, I don't think it becomes an easy decision for the board to take to remove Murty unless he has presided over a form collapse between now and the end of the season and which then threatens to spill into next season.  This is because I do not think the board will have anywhere near enough money available to attract a good quality experienced manager.   They ran an extensive recruitment process recently so will be up to date - even in summer - of the possible candidates whether or not they are with other clubs, and will have by now a good understanding of what it would take to attract them to Rangers, including an idea of the sort of transfer budget that calibre of manager would look for.   Replacing Murty is, imo and even allowing for ST sales to come and a share issue and whatever improvement is made to commercial revenues, is not even remotely feasible.   If it were then a proper manager would have been appointed by now in the knowledge that materially more funds would be made available to him for the summer transfer window.  The Club these days and under this board can only shop in the bargain basement for managers, so bargain basement that giving the most important managerial job at the Club to an untried, unproven rookie was the only option they could afford to run with.  Nothing has changed and nothing will change come the end of the season assuming no catastrophic collapse in form. 

Murty, the in-house option, the cheapest option, is all this current board can afford and that, I believe, will still be the case in summer unless there are board changes that produce materially more money into the Club in quick order.   

Murty is in a rock solid position as manager knowing that the only way he loses the job is if he presides over form collapse and football catastrophe between now and the end of the season (unlikely) or if he is tempted to move to another club because, like his penultimate predecessor, he comes to realise the job is far too big for him and he is far too inexperienced to deliver a side that wins the title anytime soon in which case he engineers his exit.  

We are stuck with the bet the board has placed in appointing a learner-manager.  The result for the foreseeable seasons will be mediocrity with lip service to thinking the squad is a credible title challenging squad but with reality firmly rooted in trying (and under the inexperience of Murty struggling) to compete with the chasing pack to be second best.   In only being able to attract and afford a learner manager the board, the Club and the Support will get for seasons to come what the board was prepared to pay for.  

10 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

IMO the only real priority for the board is to decide what is best for Rangers in terms of getting a properly experienced and patently suitable first team manager who should be able to get a whole lot more out of the playing resources to become a proper title challenging side than Murty can do while he is still a learner-manager.   Murty and whatever happens to him or whatever he decides to do if he is replaced as manager is up to him.  I think finding a replacement for his development team coaching skills is very much a second order matter and easier to resolve than finding a first team manager that can assemble a proper title challenging side.  

Nevertheless, I don't think it becomes an easy decision for the board to take to remove Murty unless he has presided over a form collapse between now and the end of the season and which then threatens to spill into next season.  This is because I do not think the board will have anywhere near enough money available to attract a good quality experienced manager.   They ran an extensive recruitment process recently so will be up to date - even in summer - of the possible candidates whether or not they are with other clubs, and will have by now a good understanding of what it would take to attract them to Rangers, including an idea of the sort of transfer budget that calibre of manager would look for.   Replacing Murty is, imo and even allowing for ST sales to come and a share issue and whatever improvement is made to commercial revenues, is not even remotely feasible.   If it were then a proper manager would have been appointed by now in the knowledge that materially more funds would be made available to him for the summer transfer window.  The Club these days and under this board can only shop in the bargain basement for managers, so bargain basement that giving the most important managerial job at the Club to an untried, unproven rookie was the only option they could afford to run with.  Nothing has changed and nothing will change come the end of the season assuming no catastrophic collapse in form. 

Murty, the in-house option, the cheapest option, is all this current board can afford and that, I believe, will still be the case in summer unless there are board changes that produce materially more money into the Club in quick order.   

Murty is in a rock solid position as manager knowing that the only way he loses the job is if he presides over form collapse and football catastrophe between now and the end of the season (unlikely) or if he is tempted to move to another club because, like his penultimate predecessor, he comes to realise the job is far too big for him and he is far too inexperienced to deliver a side that wins the title anytime soon in which case he engineers his exit.  

We are stuck with the bet the board has placed in appointing a learner-manager.  The result for the foreseeable seasons will be mediocrity with lip service to thinking the squad is a credible title challenging squad but with reality firmly rooted in trying (and under the inexperience of Murty struggling) to compete with the chasing pack to be second best.   In only being able to attract and afford a learner manager the board, the Club and the Support will get for seasons to come what the board was prepared to pay for.  

I agree replacing Murty is the priority. I don't think we should throw the baby out with the bathwater though as i still think he would be a real asset to the club

28 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I agree replacing Murty is the priority. I don't think we should throw the baby out with the bathwater though as i still think he would be a real asset to the club

I suspect that having had a taste of filling the managers chair he'd not want to revert so I suspect he'd move to another manager job at a lesser club where he can carry on with his learning the ropes under a less of a need to succeed by winning major titles and trophies.   It wouldn't be a case of throwing him out as such, more a case of his having been given an outstanding personal development opportunity at Rangers which he then takes to another club and builds on it from there.   

Just to clarify.  I don't think Murty will be replaced unless there is a catastrophic loss of form over the rest of this season (unlikely).   I don't think the board could afford to, or is even able to, attract a far better and more credible football manager.  I just don't believe they'd have enough money to do that so having gone for the el cheapo in-house option I think they will stick with him and see what happens over the next few seasons.   That's not to say Murty will reach a point where he realises the game is up and he is nowhere near able to improve Rangers to be a proper title-challenging side and like Warburton decides to jump ship, perhaps timing better than Warburton so the goes when his stock is still reasonably good and he is seen as a good catch for a lesser club.    

Not much can be done with very avarage players , this is it for us for the foreseeable, win 2 lose 2 draw 1 and so on , windass will score then will contribute nothing for 3 games , Murphy will beat a man score then won’t touch the ball for 2 games etc  , this is just how it is with very average players 

20 hours ago, cushynumber said:

:tu:

Murty himself has made it quite clear he will abide by any decision concerning his position at the Club ..... this is where I agree with you that we do have a talented and enthusiastic youth coach, but unfortunately he is not the man to lead the charge to stop the scum or reaching our 55th league title.

The position he is in at the moment is in my opinion one of reluctant acceptance mixed with a genuine desire to see us succeed .... but it's not working out and he should be allowed to return to what he does best .... coaching and developing the youths.

The fact that he, or any of the previous failed incumbents, don't have half the monetary resources as the scum to put up a decent challenge lies firmly at the feet of this current board, who are solely responsible for the massive let down we all know has brought us to where we are.

The old saying .... "You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear"....... is blatantly obvious .... without the proper tools and equipment (finances and a proper manager) we will continue to aimlessly drift between 2nd and 3rd place in this 4th rate football league.

Unless the board and the DOF get in the right candidate this time ....we are only going to see continued disappointment on the field of play ..... the one and only area that keeps bringing full houses home and away and the only area we as a support care passionately about.

:UK:

14 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Not much can be done with very avarage players , this is it for us for the foreseeable, win 2 lose 2 draw 1 and so on , windass will score then will contribute nothing for 3 games , Murphy will beat a man score then won’t touch the ball for 2 games etc  , this is just how it is with very average players 

Average players + good manager = trophies

good players + crap manager = banter years