What you waiting on Dave?

The concept of appointing Pedro near the end of last season was certainly the right call albeit it was the wrong man.

To try salvage this season, I think we should be doing it again as I feel we’re going to be sitting watching the semi and other crucial matches willing for Murty to make a change which won’t.

This team are more than capable of self-imploding and if we don’t change now I’m afraid we’re going to see another couple of embarrassing results with Europe certainly at risk.

Having no Europe will certainly puts off potential signings and also potential managers if we don’t make the change.

This board are definitely in the last chance saloon to appoint the right manager after the DM nonsense and I have lost all faith in them but by fuck we need to get this appointment right 

On 01/04/2018 at 17:00, Courtyard Bear said:

Just playing Devils Advocate, but what if Mo said no to a move??

I think that’s what has probably happened. He’s looking for a move to the EPL and believes he’s good enough for that. If he goes to China, that disappears. Not many move to the Chinese leagues and progress to bigger clubs.

52 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

The concept of appointing Pedro near the end of last season was certainly the right call albeit it was the wrong man.

To try salvage this season, I think we should be doing it again as I feel we’re going to be sitting watching the semi and other crucial matches willing for Murty to make a change which won’t.

This team are more than capable of self-imploding and if we don’t change now I’m afraid we’re going to see another couple of embarrassing results with Europe certainly at risk.

Having no Europe will certainly puts off potential signings and also potential managers if we don’t make the change.

This board are definitely in the last chance saloon to appoint the right manager after the DM nonsense and I have lost all faith in them but by fuck we need to get this appointment right 

The only concern with appointing someone now is we limit the options. It's unlikely any decent manager will come in now with 7 games to go. They'll want to come in the summer with a fresh start. The board likely know this which is why murty will get the season.

I agree but this is the last chance this board is going to get. If they appoint another terrible manager they will be forced out just like the Ashley board. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The only concern with appointing someone now is we limit the options. It's unlikely any decent manager will come in now with 7 games to go. They'll want to come in the summer with a fresh start. The board likely know this which is why murty will get the season.

I agree but this is the last chance this board is going to get. If they make appoint another terrible manager they will be forced out just like the Ashley board. 

It’s normaly managers who havent succeeded that become available. I think we need to go for our target now as I’m sure most clubs know who they’re cutting lose if one of these are our potential targets. 

16 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

It’s normaly managers who havent succeeded that become available. I think we need to go for our target now as I’m sure most clubs know who they’re cutting lose if one of these are our potential targets. 

If the right person is availale now then yes we should go for it. 

But it comes with the risk that if a new manager loses the next 2 x old firms he'll already be under pressure.

8 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

If the right person is availale now then yes we should go for it. 

But it comes with the risk that if a new manager loses the next 2 x old firms he'll already be under pressure.

I think any manager would get a clean slate aslong as any defeat (if it happens) isn’t another embarrassment which it could turn into with Murty.

3 hours ago, The Ghost said:

I think that’s what has probably happened. He’s looking for a move to the EPL and believes he’s good enough for that. If he goes to China, that disappears. Not many move to the Chinese leagues and progress to bigger clubs.

Unless he gets his arse into gear, his chances of getting to the EPL are disappearing faster than water out of a bath.

Big 7 (or 8) games ahead for the lad.

My m8 who works at Rugby park basically told straight from Clarkes mouth that he intends staying at killie unless a silly offer came in.....convinced that those words don't include us but he would like another go in England......time to draw a line under this one as we are not on his radar

18 hours ago, The Ghost said:

He won't make it in the EPL I think he would struggle in the Championship the Spl his level for a few years till he improves his alround game. 

9 hours ago, Smile said:

He won't make it in the EPL I think he would struggle in the Championship the Spl his level for a few years till he improves his alround game. 

I don’t think he will either. He’s fundamentally not good enough and doesn’t show the scope for the necessary improvement. However, he thinks he is and and seems to expect a top club to come calling. The Chinese leagues don’t match his personal ambition.

On 4/2/2018 at 21:36, tannerall said:

The weather is still very pleasant in South Africa at this time of year.

Recent events have shown that Mr King does have the money though, which is good news.  If he can get that cash out of South Africa for the share purchase, then he can also get it out to fund a new and proven manager.

Now would be the right time too.  Any new appointment is going to get a free ride over the last few games of the season, giving him a chance to get to know the players and identify the positions that need improving.

If not Clarke who realistically can we get that will improve us enough to win the league ?? 

Clarke has turned a poor side into one of the hardest teams to beat in our league with bog average players.  Given our squad and some signings I feel he could be a Walter Smith type manager for us .

17 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

If not Clarke who realistically can we get that will improve us enough to win the league ?? 

Clarke has turned a poor side into one of the hardest teams to beat in our league with bog average players.  Given our squad and some signings I feel he could be a Walter Smith type manager for us .

Clarke is who I would go for. In the same period of time murty has been in charge he's taken more points, with a squad who were bottom of the league before he got there.

The turn around has been impressive. If given the job he would make us hard to beat first and foremost. This was the first steps Walter took in his 2nd spell. We've shown goals aren't an issue with this squad it's getting the back shored up.

19 hours ago, hammer93 said:

My m8 who works at Rugby park basically told straight from Clarkes mouth that he intends staying at killie unless a silly offer came in.....convinced that those words don't include us but he would like another go in England......time to draw a line under this one as we are not on his radar

Because your m8 says so we should drop all interest ?    And what do you expect him to say ? I'm off to Rangers if they approach the club ?    He will keep his cards close to his chest and the only way to take his name off the table is to ask for Killie to give us permission to speak to him, then we will know one way or the other , but he won't come near us unless the board can give him the funds.  

25 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Clarke is who I would go for. In the same period of time murty has been in charge he's taken more points, with a squad who were bottom of the league before he got there.

The turn around has been impressive. If given the job he would make us hard to beat first and foremost. This was the first steps Walter took in his 2nd spell. We've shown goals aren't an issue with this squad it's getting the back shored up.

We are the top scorers in the league but as you say we have conceded 38 so far   I look for 100 goals with 38 fixtures and under 25 conceded, that's what we would normally be near,  We are only top scorers as the tarriers are pish poor but they have conceded only 20,.  This year the title was there for us to win, we have dropped so many stupid points at home and when we get a chance to put ourself back in the race we can't beat a 10 man celtic team because the manager never went for it.   They were there for the bloody taken and we could not deliver 

Maybe King would like to explain why he thinks this is acceptable.

5ac49833e2205_Screenshot2018-04-04at10_15.39-Edited.png.c5068621ddabd681c3605d7239cb5ca8.thumb.png.25a24b94c0708422902677defa37b94a.png

Reduced under the current board to nothing more than a mediocre team battling it out for 3rd or 4th place.

Yet not a word from our esteemed fans group or the King cheerleaders.

Funny that eh...:sarcasm:

26 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

We are the top scorers in the league but as you say we have conceded 38 so far   I look for 100 goals with 38 fixtures and under 25 conceded, that's what we would normally be near,  We are only top scorers as the tarriers are pish poor but they have conceded only 20,.  This year the title was there for us to win, we have dropped so many stupid points at home and when we get a chance to put ourself back in the race we can't beat a 10 man celtic team because the manager never went for it.   They were there for the bloody taken and we could not deliver 

The form at home has killed us this season.

Every time the tarriers have dropped points we've failed to take advantage. The best example was when they lost to Killie. A couple of hours later we go and lose to Hibs at home.

7 loses at home is completely unacceptable. What's worse is these results were avoidable with the right changes.

I've seen a lot on here saying Clarke doesn't want the job and has made comments saying such. But no manager is going to admit interest until there is an official approach on the table.