Derek Johnstone: I'm delighted to be back as Ibrox Ambassador

Smile

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Off topic so apologies... but that's one reason I'm a big fan of Lee Wallace, he stuck by us and it now looks like we've pissed all over him

It's not off-topic it's very much related. I honestly still don't know where I stand with Walace and Miller 6 weeks or so later. No idea. There's so little credible information I just don't have an opinion on it either way (outwith maybe playing devil's advocate a wee bit and swaying side to side saying if they did or said this or that)

No idea. 

1 minute ago, Rupret said:

DJ has sat on the fence too much on Radio Synde for me, Id rather a true legend.

My choice would be Hately or McCall.

I thought Hateley was already an ambassador? I've seen him represent the club recently in Belfast at a Somme function in club suit and tie etc.

Just now, K.A.I said:

It's not off-topic it's very much related. I honestly still don't know where I stand with Walace and Miller 6 weeks or so later. No idea. There's so little credible information I just don't have an opinion on it either way (outwith maybe playing devil's advocate a wee bit and swaying side to side saying if they did or said this or that)

No idea. 

Been hung out to dry, i feel bad for Wallace.

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Good question actually ... struggling to think of a time they've qued up to defend us in all honesty. Pretty morbid.

They are all fantastic at the after-dinner circuit calling them fenian bastards, saying we've been done up like kippers by Scottish football, no-one likes us we don't care and all the soundbytes you want but it's all lip service at the end of the day. Easy to say it in front of a packed hall of your own half-scooped but when it really matters none of these guys are anywhere to be seen - they are all hooring themselves in the media and wanting jobs in Scottish football which is what I said about ego and bank balance is all they care about. 

Now we getting somwhere.

I don't have all the answers but how about for a start some of the fans groups start a campaign for a figurehead prepared to tell it like it is. Not as if the allegations are groundless, its the opposite in fact its fucking ridiculous and has been for a long time now. 

Somebody has to take responsibility and like you say I don't see them queuing up for the role. We're agreed, at least I hope we are that things need to change so serious debate with a clear aim of actually doing something about it is what's needed on here. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

I thought Hateley was already an ambassador? I've seen him represent the club recently in Belfast at a Somme function in club suit and tie etc.

Ah you could be correct, thought was just local social clubs

Just now, K.A.I said:

No idea. 

I know what you mean, I'm just going on his previous behaviour, the way he's carried himself with dignity and as far as I'm aware never said a bad word about us.  I like the cut of his jib. :happy:

I met DJ around six months ago or so and had the pleasure of having a good chat about a number of items and he is as passionate and rightly defensive of our club as he ever has been, especially in these fucked up dark hopefully soon to be distant days of mutants like the snpgreens, corbyn, abbott and mcdonnell wielding some sort of weirdness fenian clout. 

DJ is a good Rangers man and he is certainly not scared to face down the fenian clowns who are currently attempting to enforce their corrupt fenian ways upon us.

No Surrender

:UK:

5 minutes ago, sondicklg said:

I met DJ around six months ago or so and had the pleasure of having a good chat about a number of items and he is as passionate and rightly defensive of our club as he ever has been, especially in these fucked up dark hopefully soon to be distant days of mutants like the snpgreens, corbyn, abbott and mcdonnell wielding some sort of weirdness fenian clout. 

DJ is a good Rangers man and he is certainly not scared to face down the fenian clowns who are currently attempting to enforce their corrupt fenian ways upon us.

No Surrender

:UK:

This will never catch on ?.

3 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

If we've realised anything recently it's that fans and players don't think or behave like each other. Sure I'd love ever Ranger to have Ian Fergusons mentality but guys like him are FEW and far between and basically we should cherish our legends for their on field heroics, anything off the field is a bonus. Going by you and Kai's attitude towards our ex players you couldn't fill a phone box with legends. Bottom line is i feel your pain but your views are TOO extreme imo.

Fair enough mate but ever since 2012 I've been hugely disappointed with supposed "legends" attitude to the club and keeping their heads below the parapet, the people we're talking about were made rich beyond any of our dreams and took the plaudits when playing for us, In my opinion playing for us and getting rewarded handsomely does not make you a legend, when you are a professional player you should be playing to the best of your ability anyway, what makes you a legend in my eyes is how you portray yourself when you leave, and sadly to me far to many have lacked that character I'm looking for in order to call them legends, it's a word that's used to literally and demeans true legends, I'll give you an idea of someone that I consider to be a LEGEND and that person is Sandy Jardine, another would be Jock Wallace, no one other in recent memory even comes close.

1 hour ago, ianferguson said:

This will never catch on ?.

Because it's a lot of pish and you's both know it.

I've never met DJ in my life and I totally believe in private he's gave it the passionate and defensive stuff ... but that's exactly my point a few posts ago that they are great at the lip service in more private circumstances but on the platforms they don't give a fuck - when they should. 

59 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I've never met DJ in my life and I totally believe in private he's gave it the passionate and defensive stuff ... but that's exactly my point a few posts ago that they are great at the lip service in more private circumstances but on the platforms they don't give a fuck - when they should. 

The only reason I posted what I did about big DJ is because he was hard nut regarding Rangers. He was belligerent no nonsense hard cunt when pressed about the core values of being a Good Rangers Man. He is a real Rangers man that;'s for sure and anyone who's met him will come away with the exact same thoughts. He's a very genial decent person and when talking about his and ours beloved Rangers one notices he's very hardcore of which could get very physical if being a single bit critic. I genuinely wouldn't make that up however it still might not make him ambassador material in some people's minds but he is a genuine Rangers Loyal and I'm right behind him in being a club ambassador.

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

No idea. 

Must only be me who does not really overly care what happens to their careers now. You had your time, you're not in the picture now, cheers for everything, no need to thank us for your money, now we need players who can actually do a job.

However like I said thanks for your efforts over the years.

The doors over there, it is the one with the knob on it, yeah Brendan Rodgers, he will open it for you.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

We all know you like the last word and you're welcome to it but there's no way the punishment fits the crime here. DJ hasn't deserved  the vitriol he's received just because he's not sharp enough to fight our corner. In your own words you can't think of anyone who has fought our corner and lets not forget with the benefit of hindsight we've all been pishing in the wind with the defence of our club because the haters are gonna hate and have there fingers in their ears unless ill Phil is doing the talking.

10 hours ago, K.A.I said:

What a lot of sanctamonious (spelling) pish.

You don't have to be a God or biased to shout down tarriers when they are lying about the club he says he loves on live radio.

What he did for us as a player is not in doubt - likewise what guys like McCoist and Gough did but that doesn't give you a free pass either. Cunts like DJ has a good spot where he's in a position that your average fan isn't - to correct lies, defend the club and put people spouting nonsense in their place. He doesn't. He values his comfy wee spot on Clyde One with the fenians of the day aiming everything in our direction.

The guys a fucking prick. Another that's took off us through the years after he's hung up his boots. I wouldn't acknowledge him if he passed me in the street and he's far from the only one.

Scottish media is full of so-called Rangers men being nothing more than paid-hands for them and toeing the line so they can create the false image of impartiality. Balloons like DJ are hand-picked for a reason.

Cunts like DJ

the guys a fucking prick

Wouldn't acknowledge him in the street

Balloons like DJ

KAI you are obviously a high poster here and passionate about the club. I've met DJ several times and contrary to comments about brightness I've found him to be witty pleasant company.  My post was about us idealising ex players.  Anyone working in the media has to try and walk a middle ground otherwise they become not credible. Since we have been on the back foot is easy to make someone like him the whipping boy. 

Ex players of all clubs use the media to make a living. People like Sutton  nowadays trade on drama but it wasn't always thus. 

I love your passion for the club and wonder if you remember him playing like I do. Out of all the players of his generation no one, not one, is sticking up for him more than him. Like you I wish he and others would do more. I really do. 

The media role is a bit of a poisoned chalice but the man is earling a living. 

KAI ( is that johannsen sp) I luv ur passion but I just feel if as a support we were more corporate and did not alienate every ex player we would be an even better club  

B