Derek Johnstone: I'm delighted to be back as Ibrox Ambassador

Smile

DJ is a REAL Rangers legend and nobody can question that. He never takes his radio work too seriously and definitely didn't have the business knowledge to fight our corner in the last few years but he's far from alone in that category. He knows his limits when it comes to anything from EBT'S to Liquidation and prefers to crack the jokes but that doesn't make him a bad guy. He's made a pretty good career playing the court jester and never takes himself seriously so imo some of the abuse he gets on RM is way over the top. I've read the FF thread and its a far more balanced view , best of luck DJ and I'll say again, you should be in the greatest 11.

11 hours ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

16 yo Scottish cup final goal. 

Went awol to with Jock

1972 winner.  

Big Derek is a Rangers Legend. In his media role he tried to be impartial.  We have become so adept at criticising our own.  

We want our ledgends to mythological gods. 

Big Derek. Legend in my eyes. Welcome back to where you belong. 

What a lot of sanctamonious (spelling) pish.

You don't have to be a God or biased to shout down tarriers when they are lying about the club he says he loves on live radio.

What he did for us as a player is not in doubt - likewise what guys like McCoist and Gough did but that doesn't give you a free pass either. Cunts like DJ has a good spot where he's in a position that your average fan isn't - to correct lies, defend the club and put people spouting nonsense in their place. He doesn't. He values his comfy wee spot on Clyde One with the fenians of the day aiming everything in our direction.

The guys a fucking prick. Another that's took off us through the years after he's hung up his boots. I wouldn't acknowledge him if he passed me in the street and he's far from the only one.

Scottish media is full of so-called Rangers men being nothing more than paid-hands for them and toeing the line so they can create the false image of impartiality. Balloons like DJ are hand-picked for a reason.

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

An ambassador who can't even stick up for our own when our enemies have swords drawn. 

Fantastic. 

Aye but he's a REAL legend sure ... define legend to me because people like him who have never stuck up for the club when we needed them most is probably the complete opposite of a legend to me. 

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You don't have to be a God or biased to shout down tarriers when they are lying about the club he says he loves on live radio.

What he did for us as a player is not in doubt - likewise what guys like McCoist and Gough did but that doesn't give you a free pass either. Cunts like DJ has a good spot where he's in a position that your average fan isn't - to correct lies, defend the club and put people spouting nonsense in their place. He doesn't. He values his comfy wee spot on Clyde One with the fenians of the day aiming everything in our direction.

The guys a fucking prick. Another that's took off us through the years after he's hung up his boots. I wouldn't acknowledge him if he passed me in the street and he's far from the only one.

Scottish media is full of so-called Rangers men being nothing more than paid-hands for them and toeing the line so they can create the false image of impartiality. Balloons like DJ are hand-picked for a reason.

This a million times over, yes I watched him play for us and yes he was great but even then it always bugged me when he demanded the captains armband and be played at CH or else he was off to Chelsea, I couldn't believe Jock Wallace caved in to that, that was bad enough for me but he has continued to sponge off the club in one way or another ever since he got to fat to play and then got the bullet from Patrick Thistle because he was a shite manager only to become the resident clown for radio fenian, I have to ask though who the fuck vetted him to be an ambassador? out of all the possible candidates he was chosen,the short list must have been horrific, this fucker is only interested in freebies and would be willing to sell his soul for pieces of eight.

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Aye but he's a REAL legend sure ... define legend to me because people like him who have never stuck up for the club when we needed them most is probably the complete opposite of a legend to me. 

Don't want to get into an argument with you but calling him a prick and so on? Come on! Too easily people throw the word legend about but he's one of a select few who've actually won a European trophy wearing our colours and for that at least he deserves our thanks as well as our respect. 

You said it yourself he's been hand picked for RC. Clyde for a reason and I totally agree with the point.  Ask yourself though if you could hand pick somebody of real stature from a Rangers background willing to fight our corner who exactly would that be?  Personally I'm struggling to come up with a name. 

1 minute ago, Gazza1212 said:

Don't want to get into an argument with you but calling him a prick and so on? Come on! Too easily people throw the word legend about but he's one of a select few who've actually won a European trophy wearing our colours and for that at least he deserves our thanks as well as our respect. 

You said it yourself he's been hand picked for RC. Clyde for a reason and I totally agree with the point.  Ask yourself though if you could hand pick somebody of real stature from a Rangers background willing to fight our corner who exactly would that be?  Personally I'm struggling to come up with a name. 

There's plenty of Bears in that Barcelona team who would defend us. 

I respect what he did as a player but that's it. I can't respect a man though who comes away with the shite he does.

I will never forgive any of them for the lack of support during 2012 ... unforgivable the lot of them.

On Radio Clyde I sat for a few nights and listened to the vitirol that were getting aimed at us from cunts phoning in ... called tax cheats you name and you know what DJ's response was to a couple of them? ... he said "in your opinion" ... in your fucking opinion? that's a Rangers legend?

Then there's Gough "the club I sweated and cried tears for is DEAD" ... Souness live on Sky Sports regarding title stripping "Rangers need to take their medicine and get on with it" ... McCoist "never forget who kicked us when we were down ... then Hearts should have got the Ramsdens because they were in administration and needed the money from the day" ... Alex Rae in the Daily Record "I don't care if there's a phoenix club" .... Derek Ferguson and Billy Dodds so far up the tarriers arses on BBC Radio Scotland, never one argument with Gollum or Spence or Cosgrove ... and fat DJ "in your opinion" to relenteless calls from tarriers saying we cheated.

Unbforgivable every single fucking one of these cretin bastards ... Rangers legends my fucking arse.

34 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

"I wouldn't acknowledge him if he passed me in the street and he's far from the only one." Kai 

By fuc* we know that, trying to think of Ranger you hav'nt slated ?.

2 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

"I wouldn't acknowledge him if he passed me in the street and he's far from the only one." Kai 

There's loads I haven't touched because I respect them as people and as players. Read my post above, why the fuck would you respect any of them after their pish. They have no idea the suffering of your average fan, they don't give a flying fuck about me, you or Rangers - only their ego's and bank balances.

I hope the tax man goes after them all and sends the cretin bastards to food banks.

1 minute ago, ianferguson said:

I'll tell you what I feel exactly the same, it's fuckin' shameful the way some ex "LEGENDS"  have shied away from defending our club incase they are seen to offend someone, some of these guys would have run through brick walls on the park for us, but turn into cowards off it, shame on them all.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

There's plenty of Bears in that Barcelona team who would defend us. 

I respect what he did as a player but that's it. I can't respect a man though who comes away with the shite he does.

I will never forgive any of them for the lack of support during 2012 ... unforgivable the lot of them.

On Radio Clyde I sat for a few nights and listened to the vitirol that were getting aimed at us from cunts phoning in ... called tax cheats you name and you know what DJ's response was to a couple of them? ... he said "in your opinion" ... in your fucking opinion? that's a Rangers legend?

Then there's Gough "the club I sweated and cried tears for is DEAD" ... Souness live on Sky Sports regarding title stripping "Rangers need to take their medicine and get on with it" ... McCoist "never forget who kicked us when we were down ... then Hearts should have got the Ramsdens because they were in administration and needed the money from the day" ... Alex Rae in the Daily Record "I don't care if there's a phoenix club" .... Derek Ferguson and Billy Dodds so far up the tarriers arses on BBC Radio Scotland, never one argument with Gollum or Spence or Cosgrove ... and fat DJ "in your opinion" to relenteless calls from tarriers saying we cheated.

Unbforgivable every single fucking one of these cretin bastards ... Rangers legends my fucking arse.

Can't argue with any of the above but would stop short on the name calling because there are enough of those bastards do that without turning on our own. Look I'm every bit as angry about how we are portrayed in the media and equally angry about how we've allowed it to happen but every single prod who gives a fuck has a responsibility to fight back not just those in the public eye. I honestly believe that. You say there are others who would defend us well where the fuck are they then? 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

There's loads I haven't touched because I respect them as people and as players. Read my post above, why the fuck would you respect any of them after their pish. They have no idea the suffering of your average fan, they don't give a flying fuck about me, you or Rangers - only their ego's and bank balances.

I hope the tax man goes after them all and sends the cretin bastards to food banks.

You're on a roll tonight mate, I'm running out of likes, you're putting into words how I've been feeling for years, what is wrong with our ex players and defending the club that made them rich and famous, cowards to a man.

Just now, Gazza1212 said:

Can't argue with any of the above but would stop short on the name calling because there are enough of those bastards do that without turning on our own. Look I'm every bit as angry about how we are portrayed in the media and equally angry about how we've allowed it to happen but every single prod who gives a fuck has a responsibility to fight back not just those in the public eye. I honestly believe that. You say there are others who would defend us well where the fuck are they then? 

Good question actually ... struggling to think of a time they've qued up to defend us in all honesty. Pretty morbid.

They are all fantastic at the after-dinner circuit calling them fenian bastards, saying we've been done up like kippers by Scottish football, no-one likes us we don't care and all the soundbytes you want but it's all lip service at the end of the day. Easy to say it in front of a packed hall of your own half-scooped but when it really matters none of these guys are anywhere to be seen - they are all hooring themselves in the media and wanting jobs in Scottish football which is what I said about ego and bank balance is all they care about. 

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

will never forgive any of them for the lack of support during 2012 ... unforgivable the lot of them.

Off topic so apologies... but that's one reason I'm a big fan of Lee Wallace, he stuck by us and it now looks like we've pissed all over him

2 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

When the "prods" in he public eye won't defend us then when the ordinary "prod" makes a stand he's then portrayed as being paranoid and being a fuckin' racist/bigot (racist/ bigot) what a fuckin' joke, those cunts have no idea what a racist/bigot is, unless we have more support from our supposed friends then the rest of us are seen as howling at the moo.

4 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

I'll tell you what I feel exactly the same, it's fuckin' shameful the way some ex "LEGENDS"  have shied away from defending our club incase they are seen to offend someone, some of these guys would have run through brick walls on the park for us, but turn into cowards off it, shame on them all.

If we've realised anything recently it's that fans and players don't think or behave like each other. Sure I'd love ever Ranger to have Ian Fergusons mentality but guys like him are FEW and far between and basically we should cherish our legends for their on field heroics, anything off the field is a bonus. Going by you and Kai's attitude towards our ex players you couldn't fill a phone box with legends. Bottom line is i feel your pain but your views are TOO extreme imo.