Derek Johnstone: I'm delighted to be back as Ibrox Ambassador

Smile

I have previously been extremely critical of DJ and his "uncle tom" approach to the taigs he took a coin from. Never seemed to defend us or indeed to point out the lies they peddled. 

I must be in a good mood today but I'm genuinely happy he has now left RC radio and I'm sure he will be pretty good at his new role.

If however he is still going on that cuntish station playing the fool then he can fuck right off.

He was one of my 1st hero's going to see Rangers as a kid but his behaviour and hand wringing did taint a lot of the love I had for him..

Some of the put downs on here have had me pissing myself right enough..

I don't see the need for ambassadors in a country that fucking hates us and projects all their nationalist vitriol against us,  what we need is to unify and give no quarter to our enemies in any shape or form, not throw money away creating useless posts that will never change fuck all.

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Bit harsh on DJ. He’s a Club legend. 

Not the smartest, clearly the club means a lot to him, but isn’t / wasn’t equipped to deal with the shit storm we’ve been through recently. 

Could be represented by worse people. 

He is a legend yes mate but never sticks up for us surely better options out there like Walter smith etc if he wants it

1 hour ago, LochendBilly said:

A fantastic player for us, grew up watching him and he played centre half and centre forward. It's easy to criticise the guy on his tranny work but he was a cracking big player.

Are you not getting him mixed up with that cunt at the Paedodome?

Rangers legend in my eyes,also met him years ago and he was down to earth big guy.

Although like jim traynors position at the club, i dont see the point in this.although dj is a hero,traynor is a bit of a roaster.dont mind dj having a role here,wish the other cunt would fuck off though.

Our problem, if it is a problem, is we have too many Nice ex Players who will not be controversial or be aggressive when commenting on the opposition, some are just gentlemen but some are unfortunately too much in cahoots with bheggars for jobs and business and basically either sit on the fence or take the crusts from their table and say fuck all. Funnily the only ex player who goes for the jugular is wee Neil McCann, funny old game innit Saint !

Infuriates me when he sits on Radio Jacobite allowing Savco mutants to spout pish or Spew "you are right Hugh" Heevins calling Savco Scotland's most successful club,which he has done several times. I have no doubt he loves the club but he's about as useful as an inflatable dart board the fat prick. 

5 hours ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

We have become so adept at criticising our own.  

When they deserve it and he deserves the criticism levelled at him.

He sits in the RC studios taking a wage and not doing a damned thing to stand up to the lies and anti Rangers hyperbole peddled on that taig infested platform. He has been called an Uncle Tom and that is exactly what he is.

He is as much.an Abassador for Rangers as I am for sturgeon or corbyn.

3 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Our problem, if it is a problem, is we have too many Nice ex Players who will not be controversial or be aggressive when commenting on the opposition, some are just gentlemen but some are unfortunately too much in cahoots with bheggars for jobs and business and basically either sit on the fence or take the crusts from their table and say fuck all. Funnily the only ex player who goes for the jugular is wee Neil McCann, funny old game innit Saint !

Spot on. They have rabid cunts like Sutton Hartson and Boyd who defend that sordid club to the hilt and are never slow to attack us. We have apologist's like this waste of space who never defends us and acts all pally with taig mates. 

6 hours ago, Thornliebanktrueblue said:

16 yo Scottish cup final goal. 

Went awol to with Jock

1972 winner.  

Big Derek is a Rangers Legend. In his media role he tried to be impartial.  We have become so adept at criticising our own.  

We want our ledgends to mythological gods. 

Big Derek. Legend in my eyes. Welcome back to where you belong. 

Well said mate. The abuse we give to some of our players on here is god awful

Gerrard was over in Dubai recently as an ambassador for Liverpool.  We have DJ who played the game so long ago no one outside of Scotland probably remembers or knows who he is.  Surely we could find someone who is more high profile.  

Can't agree with some of the flack aimed at big Derek but fully understand the reason for it. His heart's in the right place and he's a Barcelona bear ffs. That said, I fear he is way out his depth for this role. 

Years ago an ambassador for the club was a menial post but nowadays with the importance of proper P. R I think he's totally unsuitable for what our we require in the present climate.

What we need is not only somebody to promote the club but also somebody prepared to robustly defend Rangers from our many enemies. 

Big DJ is not that man imo. I also find it alarming this board still clearly haven't grasped the fact how crucial getting the target off this club's back is. We leave ourselves wide open if we continue with more apathetic appeasement which is exactly what DJ offers I'm sorry to say. 

13 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Presumably he must have left Clyde? 

Think he said he'll still be on it on a Friday. If that is the case I wonder if they're will be any difference in his responses, certainly hope so.

8 hours ago, LochendBilly said:

A fantastic player for us, grew up watching him and he played centre half and centre forward. It's easy to criticise the guy on his tranny work but he was a cracking big player.

Was going to post similar, I suspect most of his vitriolic critics never actually saw him play.  Met him twice and he is obviously not the shiniest coin in the fountain so hopefully, this role will keep him well away from the media.  I still picture Evan Williams stretching to get to that header --pfffft -GOAL.   Great memories of the big man as a centre-half and centre-forward, would be worth 10's of millions these days.