Travel Club

K.A.I

Most games can be done on the cheap.   Need to be on the ball with flights and accommodation the moment the draw is made. Leave it 20 minutes and the likes of Ryanair will treble their prices. Think outside the box like not flying from Glasgow.  If you get it right you are looking at a couple of nights accommodation and flights for £150- £200.   

4 hours ago, Cedrick said:

Unfortunately it can be pricey mate , £250/£280 day trip , over night can be over £300 , I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong , I wasn’t at progress so good 10 years since I’ve been abroad to watch us but I’m sure it’s around those prices , it depends on the distance of flight etc to 

That was prices over 10 years ago, would imagine day trips to be nearer £400 now..

Fiorentina day trip was £300, well worth it!

11 hours ago, Goosetav said:

Think Progres was around the £4/500 mark for the daytrip

Was £420.

I did it independent. Flights, bus, hotel and ticket cost me about 1/3 of that I think and I was in my house for 9am the next day ? 

I actually got about 2 hours sleep. If I didn’t book a hotel I would have been under the £100 mark.

Just got the email through inviting me to join the travel club for £20. £20 for what? Fuck all it looks like. Did they refund those that joined last year for one shitey night in Luxembourg?

What do you get for £20 - the right to join a queue for a ballot for a ticket? We've all done that already as season ticket holders. 

3 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Just got the email through inviting me to join the travel club for £20. £20 for what? Fuck all it looks like. Did they refund those that joined last year for one shitey night in Luxembourg?

What do you get for £20 - the right to join a queue for a ballot for a ticket? We've all done that already as season ticket holders. 

Just the right to join and a card.  No refund last year :thumbup:

4 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Everyone who wanted a ticket for Luxembourg got one.

2 hours ago, BEE said:

Anyway can check on site how many points you have?

Yeah.

Log into your profile and look at your details. Should tell you how many you have.

Edit: pain in the arse if you’re on your phone because the My Account function isn’t working properly. If you click on update my details and just confirm your existing ones it will bring you to the My Account page:

13577699-8412-4642-A390-629AD39B2EA3.png

4 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Was £420.

I did it independent. Flights, bus, hotel and ticket cost me about 1/3 of that I think and I was in my house for 9am the next day ? 

I actually got about 2 hours sleep. If I didn’t book a hotel I would have been under the £100 mark.

Travel cost me £100 only but then again I had to endure @Mr Soprano for 2 days solid so you win.

59 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

No, you haven't

1 minute ago, Goosetav said:

Travel cost me £100 only but then again I had to endure @Mr Soprano for 2 days solid so you win.

"I fancy Rangers strongly."

"Would you take the quarter finals, in all seriousness?"

"No."

1 hour ago, orange&blue92 said:

Can I still buy a slot for the travel club? And what does it guarantee?

im a season ticket holder, before anyone says it's only for season ticket holders 

The chance to go abroad with the official Rangers trips 

1 minute ago, orange&blue92 said:

Cheers mate so your guaranteed a ticket?

You won't be this season if it's say an allocation of 1000. It will be everyone on max points first. Then if only 700 apply the other 300 will be opened up to those on 0 points

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

You won't be this season if it's say an allocation of 1000. It will be everyone on max points first. Then if only 700 apply the other 300 will be opened up to those on 0 points

No worries mate you reckon there will be any tickets on sale apart from that ? Like to buy on general sale ?

3 minutes ago, orange&blue92 said:

No worries mate you reckon there will be any tickets on sale apart from that ? Like to buy on general sale ?

Never mate. You'll need to be in the travel club to have a chance.

Even if extra tickets become available you'd have to join the travel club to get them. So you'd have to pay 20 quid at some point.

It happened with Psv in 2011

5 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Still be of the same opinion if we get to the latter stages or back into the CL?

7 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Still be of the same opinion if we get to the latter stages or back into the CL?

This is what happened when we got to UEFA Cup Final everycunt moaning travel club is a rip off and I’m no joining that whilst stamping their feet then moaning they never got when we went to Manchester and lost out in cccs ballot 

even heard the same mumblings for Fiorentina away too “how do a get a ticket? What travel club what’s that?” 

The travel club obsorbed the cost of the Fiorentina tickets too at about 50k

only thing I hate is that as a gesture they should have gave the ones in Progres a free renewal likewise Kaunas ten year ago 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

This is what happened when we got to UEFA Cup Final everycunt moaning travel club is a rip off and I’m no joining that whilst stamping their feet then moaning they never got when we went to Manchester and lost out in cccs ballot 

even heard the same mumblings for Fiorentina away too “how do a get a ticket? What travel club what’s that?” 

only thing I hate is that as a gesture they should have gave the ones in Progres a free renewal likewise Kaunas ten year ago 

I couldn't even get the time off work for progres ?. Score wasted, but renewed again this season and as much as I'd appreciate the free renewal I'm happy to try to put more cash into the club this season on top of my 3 STs (strips hopefully soon, lotto, rising stars etc). 

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I couldn't even get the time off work for progres ?. Score wasted, but renewed again this season and as much as I'd appreciate the free renewal I'm happy to try to put more cash into the club this season on top of my 3 STs (strips hopefully soon, lotto, rising stars etc). 

The costs must cover the set up costs to fly the staff out, book the hotel and distribute the match tickets it all needs paid for .. sure a couple of thousand people paying £20 a pop would have meant Progrès they came out on profit but if we got to group stages that’s that’s maybe 6 away fixtures - that would end up costing the club a lot of money to process the tickets out there in all honesty 

13 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It would have been a nice gesture tbf. But at the end of the day I don't begrudge paying it again and then paying the costs of going away.

Ye the game was fucking awful but half the buzz is getting away with your mates to a new city to watch the team you love.