45 Man Europa League Squad

scottyc06

1 hour ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Now we could get fucked this season because our attack is shite, what happens if we get an injury to morelos or lafferty.

We have one striker, who we can trust left. Not good.

The whole team was a priority, which of course is difficult to achieve, but now we have what we have and a lot of people including myself didn't see us doing so much business over the transfer window as we have.

With the money we had, spreading it across the team IMHO would have been the worse option and we would have just ended up with a Warbs and Pedro team with different faces. And next season would just be another rebuilding job, again.

The only difference with our attack is WIndass is away and he was shit anyway, I'm still shocked we got the money we did for him.

We needed a solid defence to build from which we now have with Shagger, Goldson, Barisic, and Katic making us more solid at the back so next season we can move onto improving the middle and/or front. I'm certain we won't win the league this season, but next season we can start to look at the middle and front as we are solid at the back. Shite as is, we just need to accept we are just at the start of building a decent team.

The 3 defenders cost us not loads but a fair bit of money and to be honest I would rather that than another Danny Wilson, Kiernan and Clint Hill.

1 hour ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I'm sure they need to pick 24 1st team players and then select 11 youth players to make up the 45 as reserves. If that is the case (which if you count the players there is 24) who would you drop to fit these 2 into the squad? 

40 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

You've just asked me if I've made that up yet stated yourself we can name 25? Ok I've got the initial number wrong by 1 but I thought that by naming 45 players there was maybe a limit overall. 

Gk- Mcgregor, Foderingham, McCrorie 

Def- Tav, Goldson, Katic, Barisic, Flanagan, Halliday, Worrall, McAuley 

Mid- Dorrans, Jack, Arfield, Ejaria, Coulibaly, Kent, Middleton, Candeias, Grezda, McCrorie 

Forwards- Morelos, Lafferty, Sadiq

This was the 24 I had counted but if I'm wrong I won't lose sleep over it.

You said we needed to name 24 players... we don’t! It’s just a maximum of 25!

You then said we had to top that up with 11 youth players to make up a 45! Again you’ve made that up! (It also doesn’t add up, genius). 

What part of it did you not make up??? 

Its 22 as the two McCrories are in the B list! Hence the * next to their names.

20 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

You then said we had to top that up with 11 youth players to make up a 45! Again you’ve made that up! (It also doesn’t add up, genius). 

Ok pal no need to get your panties in a knot!!! it's was an opinion on a forum......how dare I. 

I'll ask for your permission next time and run the facts by you in the future ?

14 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

We can name 25 players on list A but 8 are reserved for locally trained players which are either club trained players (3 years between 16-21) or association trained players again between 16-21 but a maximum of 4 of these. This is why some squads can contain less that 25 players on the A list. 

18 hours ago, Grundy said:

A wee bit surprised but not disappointed that Wallace isn't in the squad after being included in the last couple of match squads. Bit strange but as I said I'm not disappointed.

The reason Wallace was hitting the squad and the bench was to make potential buyers think he was back for for selection in the hope someone took a punt before window shut. 

Window shuts and Wallace disappears again as he isn't anywhere near SG plans IMO.

3 hours ago, evenstevens said:

The reason Wallace was hitting the squad and the bench was to make potential buyers think he was back for for selection in the hope someone took a punt before window shut. 

Window shuts and Wallace disappears again as he isn't anywhere near SG plans IMO.

I'm not devious enough to have thought about that, like you're thinking.