*****Official we love shitey hands and walls fc vs Rangers match thread*****

Just now, Prso's headband said:

They’ve won 11 of the previous 12 and are in the driving seat to win 4 of the last 5, coupled with a huge boost in finances that go with it, it’s hard to see how we compete with that over the next 2-3 years considering we’ve wasted the best part of £30m on utter shite the past 2 seasons. 

You’re including ones we were never in any sort of position to even challenge for. The fact we managed to get from the bottom tier to a point where we won the top flight and are again challenging for it this season shows no side has a monopoly on the title 

I don’t wish to discuss it further as I just completely believe your opinion is wrong and I am trying to enjoy the buzz of the buildup to winning the treble, thanks 

3 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

You have to consider their total spent though.

Gives them more room to get one or two wrong.

If there’s a big difference between what the two clubs spend the average is always likely to be the higher spending club winning more trophies.

They aren’t going to dominate for years and years, no side will 

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I’m not going to argue that they will, fuck having that outlook. Think a narrow gap in spending is important though. 

It is but there’s also a large slice of luck involved with signings turning out good though. In Scotland we haven’t the luxury of attracting good established players in their prime, if that were the case and their finances trumped ours then we’d be fucked aye 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

Penny dropped for me when we handed them a double the season after we won the league. All that chat of the final part of the journey, the players (6 of which are here now) treating it as the end not the start, and Souness saying he couldn’t believe they were still talking about winning it 6 months later. 

We’ve sleepwalked to this point as a club. They’ll more than likely overtake our trophy haul and league titles within another season or two. It’ll hit like a train then. 

Many fans thought 55 was the marker to say we were back but it was far from it and it was just the starter. We need to be winning titles regular with the odd treble thrown in and the latter starts on Saturday.

Given Rodgers latest statement they are supremely confident crossing over into arrogant.

They really can't see themselves losing.

We need to be on it from the start, carry some luck and Butland needs to play a Stormer.

The closer to Saturday we get the more confident I am.

Just don't do anything daft at the back. We have lost a few shambolic goals this season. Tavs og the latest.

Mon the Teds

29 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

They aren’t going to dominate for years and years, no side will 

exactly and the only reason they got a foot hold as they contrived to put us down the leagues as they know that’s the only way they could sustain anything. The times are a changing starting on Saturday afternoon and at the SC final where we’re taking the fkn lot.

47 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Anyone who thinks either side is in a position to dominate this league for years is a complete moron to be completely honest.

Both sides depend on signings who are relatively unknown coming in and hitting the ground running, it has very little  to do with money you can throw at signings. We threw millions at the likes of Dessers, Lammers and Danilo and have gotten very little in return, they threw about half of that at Kyogo, Hatate and Maeda 

Anyway, treble hwfg

We need an astute manager who can punch above their weight and get better players than them whilst having a lesser transfer budget, less in the bank and less saleable assets. (We probably need to lower our wage bill to less than theirs too ). We've managed it in the league once in 12 years with Gerrard and we all hope Clement can be the next.  But the odds are against him and given 11/12 titles have went one way along with many financial advantages its anything but moronic to see that that could well continue for years yet.

We raised much of our wasted money from selling player assets, we seem to have less saleable assets now to allow Clement to trade the way Beale got a chance to. And the ones that are worth good money are those we probably want to keep. It's a shitshow and Clement really has to make almost every signing a quick success for the here and now, no longterm project stuff. 

Or we just hope they have more shite seasons but where we're less shite.

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We need an astute manager who can punch above their weight and get better players than them whilst having a lesser transfer budget, less in the bank and less saleable assets. (We probably need to lower our wage bill to less than theirs too ). We've managed it in the league once in 12 years with Gerrard and we all hope Clement can be the next.  But the odds are against him and given 11/12 titles have went one way along with many financial advantages its anything but moronic to see that that could well continue for years yet.

We raised much of our wasted money from selling player assets, we seem to have less saleable assets now to allow Clement to trade the way Beale got a chance to. And the ones that are worth good money are those we probably want to keep. It's a shitshow and Clement really has to make almost every signing a quick success for the here and now, no longterm project stuff. 

Or we just hope they have more shite seasons but where we're less shite.

Sorry, are you just pretending we were in the league the last 12 years and on our return were immediately expected to win it again?

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Sorry, are you just pretending we were in the league the last 12 years and on our return were immediately expected to win it again?

Apology accepted. I'm pretending nothing.

I'm not going on about winning the treble this season then stopping them winning leagues going forward despite the disadvantages we have like you seem to be. I'd say that's pretendy stuff.

18 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Apology accepted. I'm pretending nothing.

I'm not going on about winning the treble this season then stopping them winning leagues going forward despite the disadvantages we have like you seem to be. I'd say that's pretendy stuff.

Ok mate, enjoy your doom and gloom.

Treble here we come imo 

We’ve certainly hindered any chance since the 55 season by continual poor recruitment - Window after window we have signed dross and had to hide behind give them time etc

The truth is good players hit the ground running and immediately impact and improve a team

Had we backed SG or GVB like we did Beale likelihood SG wouldn’t have left as we would have kicked on from a position of strength or worst case GVB wouldn’t have signed gambles…

Even now when we look back Matondo has been inconsistent, Wright should have been emptied seasons ago and there’s many others.

Fast forward to Beale - Lammers has no previous goal scoring pedigree, likewise Dessers who continues to infuriate and can’t impact defences like Morelos could bully them… Cifuentes we chased all summer…

This is the worst celtic team in seasons yet we have contrived to give them all the advantage and a potential £30m CL boost

Winning on Saturday isn’t beyond us and neither is stuffing Dundee on Tuesday to give them a right horrible task facing Kilmarnock but we need to do our bit first and then shift all the pressure over to them - They think it’s won, I’m not sure they’ll cope if it doesn’t cope to plan

We as a club and fanbase need to stop this rot - 2nd every season is nothing it’s not what we are built on

Looking at all this.

We need a new board, we have went backwards since 55, only Europa was an improvement but even thid only because we shat the bed with no investment for champions League.

Since then teams we pumped on route to final all improved massively.

Jan was our chance to blow tarriers away but board shat it hoping that PC spell and wizardry over our dross would last.

Get Board to fuck, bring back King to find proper Rangers minded and ambitious winners in

5 minutes ago, Blacky Bear said:

Looking at all this.

We need a new board, we have went backwards since 55, only Europa was an improvement but even thid only because we shat the bed with no investment for champions League.

Jan was our chance to blow tarriers away but board shat it hoping that PC spell and wizardry over our dross would last.

Get Board to fuck, bring back King to find proper Rangers minded and ambitious winners in

:lol:

7 minutes ago, Blacky Bear said:

Looking at all this.

Tired of the Rangers minded argument. We just need/appoint the most competent people our budget allows tbh.

6 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

If we win on Saturday we'll go heavy favourites but all the evidence suggests we'll shite the bed, we'll know soon enough and hopefully I'm eating my words.

Heavy favourites? Not sure about that.

3 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

Heavy favourites? Not sure about that.

Only saying that because I believe the scum wouldn't have the stomach to go again, I think we'd grasp the chance if we turned them over by hitting a right few past Dundee in the next game, unfortunately like many I think we've already blew it.

2 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Only saying that because I believe the scum wouldn't have the stomach to go again, I think we'd grasp the chance if we turned them over by hitting a right few past Dundee in the next game, unfortunately like many I think we've already blew it.

I hope you’re right. Still feels like we’ve blew it. Win Saturday and take it from there.

30 minutes ago, Blacky Bear said:

Looking at all this.

What did he do in his last spell to make you want him back?