45 Man Europa League Squad

scottyc06

Like a few others it's the forward area where it shows up. It's difficult for any team if you only play 1 up front to keep say 4-5 strikers happy. However in reality we look to only have 2 unless sadiq turns out to be decent. I would expect we would look at forward area in January if anyone is available

21 minutes ago, Paulie Walnuts said:

45 names? I thought it was about 25? What’s the stars beside the names for, youth players? One beside Ross McCrorie that’s making me think otherwise. 

Every club has to submit two squad lists, an A & a B list.

Stars beside the names are those on the B list. Ross is included on this list as he is under 21 & has been with the club for at least 2 years. (It makes sense for him to be listed on the B list as it frees up space on the A list, although we are not currently using the maximum slots on the A list we can add to that if we get past the group stages) 

3 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Every club has to submit two squad lists, an A & a B list.

Stars beside the names are those on the B list. Ross is included on this list as he is under 21 & has been with the club for at least 2 years. (It makes sense for him to be listed on the B list as it frees up space on the A list, although we are not currently using the maximum slots on the A list we can add to that if we get past the group stages) 

On the above about McCrorie being added to the B list rather than the A, that leaves 22 out of the 25 maximum players named. We are allowed to add up to 3 players to this list if we get through.. I.e 3 January signings.

27 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

Not putting a priority on defenders has fucked us every season.

Now we could get fucked this season because our attack is shite, what happens if we get an injury to morelos or lafferty.

We have one striker, who we can trust left. Not good.

The whole team was a priority, which of course is difficult to achieve, but now we have what we have and a lot of people including myself didn't see us doing so much business over the transfer window as we have.

6 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Yet most were wanting more and more defenders at the club siting it as a problem area...

I still maintain we should have prioritised attack more.

We never had enough in attack that we could afford to ship goals which pre-SG we were doing far too easily so I feel he got that right.   Wish we had more attacking presence and depth in midfield.  Let's face reality, the Europa League provides a much-needed cash injection as well as providing competition at a higher level than the spl, but our chances beyond the group stages are pretty low.  

1 hour ago, scottyc06 said:

On the above about McCrorie being added to the B list rather than the A, that leaves 22 out of the 25 maximum players named. We are allowed to add up to 3 players to this list if we get through.. I.e 3 January signings.

A lot of clubs put their home grown youngsters on the B list. Man United have got Rashford on theirs. Good to have some leeway in the A list. 

I'd guess that there is already work going with regards to the next transfer window.

14 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Yeah, SPFL backed Miller & Wallace against us. Apparently they're releasing a statement later on tonight. 

See if they down Rangers in any way I would have Wallace out on his arse asap.

All we know it was between them and Murty so keep it between there bitch fight the club had to stand by Murty as much as it pains me to say it.

5 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

See if they down Rangers in any way I would have Wallace out on his arse asap.

All we know it was between them and Murty so keep it between there bitch fight the club had to stand by Murty as much as it pains me to say it.

I think he is done anyway. Weird we brought him on against Motherwell but the writing has been on the wall IMO 

37 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

We never had enough in attack that we could afford to ship goals which pre-SG we were doing far too easily so I feel he got that right.   Wish we had more attacking presence and depth in midfield.  Let's face reality, the Europa League provides a much-needed cash injection as well as providing competition at a higher level than the spl, but our chances beyond the group stages are pretty low.  

Agreed, I'm not really that interested in how we do Europe now in comparison to the league. Just see Europe as a place for the fans/players to enjoy themselves, but the league should be the priority.

9 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I'm sure they need to pick 24 1st team players and then select 11 youth players to make up the 45 as reserves. If that is the case (which if you count the players there is 24) who would you drop to fit these 2 into the squad? 

Did you just make all of that up? 

We can name up to 25 players, we’ve only named 22 which is leaving space for 3 (which is the max you can add after the groups) 

You can register an unlimited number of players on the B list.

5 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Did you just make all of that up? 

We can name up to 25 players, we’ve only named 22 which is leaving space for 3 (which is the max you can add after the groups) 

You can register an unlimited number of players on the B list.

You've just asked me if I've made that up yet stated yourself we can name 25? Ok I've got the initial number wrong by 1 but I thought that by naming 45 players there was maybe a limit overall. 

Gk- Mcgregor, Foderingham, McCrorie 

Def- Tav, Goldson, Katic, Barisic, Flanagan, Halliday, Worrall, McAuley 

Mid- Dorrans, Jack, Arfield, Ejaria, Coulibaly, Kent, Middleton, Candeias, Grezda, McCrorie 

Forwards- Morelos, Lafferty, Sadiq

This was the 24 I had counted but if I'm wrong I won't lose sleep over it.