PlayStation Classic Pre order , Very, Argos

teddybears1872

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to get a pre-order in on Amazon after they all sold out but you have to be fucking fast. What I did was click the button for email notification of fresh stock and whenever someone cancels a pre-order the emails go out and a scramble happens. Was a pain in the arse but beats paying the scalpers price. 

• 3 weeks later...

Full game list has been released:

Battle Arena Toshinden

Cool Boarders 2

Destruction Derby

Final Fantasy VII

Grand Theft Auto

Intelligent Qube

Jumping Flash!

Metal Gear Solid

Mr. Driller

Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee

Rayman

Resident Evil Director’s Cut

Revelations: Persona

Ridge Racer Type 4

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo

Syphon Filter

Tekken 3

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six

Twisted Metal

Wild Arms

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo

Thats gonna seal the deal for many....

It's actually quite a fun game I had it when the original ps was out.  

GTA 

Metal Gear Solid 

Syphon Filter

Tekken 3

Cool Borders 2

Super Puzzle Fighter Turbo 2

Are the only games i personally care about from that list.

1 hour ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

It's actually quite a fun game I had it when the original ps was out.  

GTA 

Metal Gear Solid 

Syphon Filter

Tekken 3

Cool Borders 2

Super Puzzle Fighter Turbo 2

Are the only games i personally care about from that list.

it's pish, no even worth a 5ver from wishy market back in the day.

Not exactly a glittering selection, and as expected licence-heavy titles like Gran Turismo are absent.

Wipeout and Tomb Raider were iconic games of that era and it's too bad they're not included. Rainbow Six is a bizarre choice to occupy one of limited slots - a crap port that was badly received; Doom or Medal of Honor would have been better selections for an FPS.

I wonder if they're holding back so they can release a PSOne Classic later on with analogue controllers and an expanded library.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, laudrupno1 said:

As much as I love nostalgia and the original PlayStation at the time I'd  play this acouple of times then it be gathering dust like most will too once you realise it was good at the time but not now.

I'm.choking for one of those pi retro consoles but the full bhuna one is 195 and I'm thinking I'd play it three or four times and then chuck it.

But the original ISS and track and field etc all look decent on it and the full champ man 2 series is there.

Might fire it on the credit card :lol:

7 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'm.choking for one of those pi retro consoles but the full bhuna one is 195 and I'm thinking I'd play it three or four times and then chuck it.

But the original ISS and track and field etc all look decent on it and the full champ man 2 series is there.

I still have the original PlayStation and the ps2 plus my Sega Mega Drive brought them all out one night buzzing got the weans involved too but after acouple hours it was all back up the loft:lol: was good for afew hours though tbf :lol:

12 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Buy it, just noticed this part :lol:

On 10/12/2018 at 12:45, Rfc52 said:

Nothing beats Daly Thompson on the Spectrum ZX.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else modded their PS Classic (BleemSync)?

I've just managed to do it and downloading some games (Colony Wars, Tenchu 2) just now to transfer over. Got the original Silent Hill which I never played at the time but just loaded it up and it's working fine. I'm just about to try Tenchu now.

If anyone's interested I've got my info mainly from Reddit, but specifically here and here, with the games from either here or here.

On 15/12/2018 at 11:21, Getstiffed said:

Nothing beats Daly Thompson on the Spectrum ZX.

Manic Miner was the must have game on the zx iirc.

Remember the zx had to be loaded up using a tape recorder. Sometimes half and hour to load a game while it made a heck of a buzzing noise. Worst thing was waiting for it only for it then to inform that it had failed to load with then having to wait another half an hour. 

The mega drive moved gaming into a different league back then. Still got an original boxed one with special controllers and umpteen games for it. Not worth much but fun to dig out every now and then to play. 

51 minutes ago, Blueray said:

Manic Miner was the must have game on the zx iirc.

Remember the zx had to be loaded up using a tape recorder. Sometimes half and hour to load a game while it made a heck of a buzzing noise. Worst thing was waiting for it only for it then to inform that it had failed to load with then having to wait another half an hour. 

The mega drive moved gaming into a different league back then. Still got an original boxed one with special controllers and umpteen games for it. Not worth much but fun to dig out every now and then to play. 

Don't touch the key board or it fails to load and you have to start again. Mental :lol:

The Alchemist was one that's stick out in my mind as well. Could shape shift into a hawk or something and fly about pecking cunts eyes outout. 

mega drive was the first console I got. Played Rambo 3 to death. Mind What everyone wants in Clydebank had tons of mega drive games for a fiver a pop at one point. Filled my boots once a week in there. 

• 2 months later...