Pubs in Budapest

stevotrueblue

Prob a bit of a long shot but you never know on here.  I'm travelling to Budapest tom and was wondering if any bears have been and might know of any bars that might have the game on ?  Expecting to be a bit of an outcast as well as with their History I would expect the locals all to be cheering on Rapid lol.

Also in case anyone is interested,,, reason I am going is to run the Marathon on Sunday for the Royal Air Force Association Wings Appeal.  As I'm in the RAF and its the Service 100 yr anniversary year,, thought I would try and do something to mark it. 

Any donations most appreciated and go to a very worthy cause.  Just hope I don't get beaten up by some mad Hungarians before  even getting to the race lol. 

https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/johnsteven1

1 minute ago, stevotrueblue said:

Prob a bit of a long shot but you never know on here.  I'm travelling to Budapest tom and was wondering if any bears have been and might know of any bars that might have the game on ?  Expecting to be a bit of an outcast as well as with their History I would expect the locals all to be cheering on Rapid lol.

Also in case anyone is interested,,, reason I am going is to run the Marathon on Sunday for the Royal Air Force Association Wings Appeal.  As I'm in the RAF and its the Service 100 yr anniversary year,, thought I would try and do something to mark it. 

Any donations most appreciated and go to a very worthy cause.  Just hope I don't get beaten up by some mad Hungarians before  even getting to the race lol. 

https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/johnsteven1

Mate I worked in tatabanyai in Budapest there is a pub called the blue room it is across from the train station

I was in Budapest about 15 years ago, found all the pubs in the city centre around the hotel in Pest (lower side of the city, I'm not sure if it was Buda though) to be really good - plenty of bars with hot women and friendly locals. I'm sure you will be fine, but stay off their equivalent to Jagermeister - UniCum (looks like a baby bio bottle) lethal stuff as is the Palinka.

1 minute ago, stevotrueblue said:

Awesome guys cheers,,, there is always someone who has been,,, hoping to catch game tom,, and if finish in time catch the game on sunday too,,, even if i need carried in,,  be a change fm carried out lol 

Mate there is also a Scottish pub now in budapest https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=scottish+pub+in+budapest&oq=scottish+pub+in+budapest&aqs=chrome..69i57.18760j0j4&client=tablet-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#trex=m_t:lcl_akp,rc_f:nav,rc_ludocids:16917237087781937552,rc_q:Caledonia%20Sk%C3%B3t%20Pub%20%26%20Aj%C3%A1nd%C3%A9k%20%C3%9Czlet,ru_q:Caledonia%20Sk%C3%B3t%20Pub%20%26%20Aj%C3%A1nd%C3%A9k%20%C3%9Czlet

1 hour ago, Dickie said:

Is it just you and Tom that are going.?

I am meeting a civi mate from back home who will be doing the run with me.    The Mrs is coming along too after she heard it was the Spa Capital of Europe ,,,so yeh will have to try and no get caught eyeing up these supposedly hot Hungarian burds then lol

Just now, stevotrueblue said:

I am meeting a civi mate from back home who will be doing the run with me.    The Mrs is coming along too after she heard it was the Spa Capital of Europe ,,,so yeh will have to try and no get caught eyeing up these supposedly hot Hungarian burds then lol

There are bungalow sized public sauna cabinets and hot springs in the main park - very antiquated, from a bygone age. The public saunas were an experience, not exactly what you would a "Spa Experience" a bit of an eye opener really with how mixed the clients were. 

Forget bears bars .They don't exist in Budapest  .And that includes the Scottish bar .More like Irish bar..

The best bar is a Sports bar owned by Ujpest  supporter .Just along from Astori .

Very small bar but has football tops all over it .Not seen anything like this in Budapest .Briliant sports bar and it's football on all the time 

Was in there recently when I went to Croatia and the owner was football crazy .He had been one of their ultras .Sound guy .

He opened up his bar right next to a bar for Ferencvaros supporters .They hate each other .Some nerve 

Few years back seen this one guy getting the beating of his life in this bar. Ujpest fan in the wrong bar  .They kicked him when he was on the deck motionless .

That made me jump in and give it the mad Scottish guy .Probably saved the guy's life 

The only thing that saved me from a sore face was fact I had been drinking with their ring leader earlier and we bought each other pints 

Anyway that's by the by 

Try and find this bar and you will see the football

Just can't remember the name of the bar .Sorry 

Just wanted to let you all know that I completed the run ,,, and got back to the hotel in time to catch the Rangers game today as well.   Honestly it was the first thing I did as soon as I got back,, cracked open a can or two of the local Beer and logged in to Badger Loyal,,, even before I let friends and family know I was back and done lol,, what a game too.

Was really hot one out here today,,, 24 Degrees and probably higher at times with the glare coming off the Danube.   Was a little slower than my prev full Marathon 3 yrs ago, so came in at 4hr 46min.  Pleased at least to get under five in the conditions.  In hindsight I dont think letting the mrs come along and drag me around the first two day sight seeing helped lol,,, we clocked up 9 miles on Friday alone wandering in and out of places on both sides of the Danube.  I was probably the only runner the day that started with blisters lol. 

Anyway,,, big big thank you to all of you for support.   Made me really proud to call myself a Rangers fan when total strangers will chip in to help the Armed Services,,, no other club like us.   WATP 

2 minutes ago, stevotrueblue said:

Just wanted to let you all know that I completed the run ,,, and got back to the hotel in time to catch the Rangers game today as well.   Honestly it was the first thing I did as soon as I got back,, cracked open a can or two of the local Beer and logged in to Badger Loyal,,, even before I let friends and family know I was back and done lol,, what a game too.

Was really hot one out here today,,, 24 Degrees and probably higher at times with the glare coming off the Danube.   Was a little slower than my prev full Marathon 3 yrs ago, so came in at 4hr 46min.  Pleased at least to get under five in the conditions.  In hindsight I dont think letting the mrs come along and drag me around the first two day sight seeing helped lol,,, we clocked up 9 miles on Friday alone wandering in and out of places on both sides of the Danube.  I was probably the only runner the day that started with blisters lol. 

Anyway,,, big big thank you to all of you for support.   Made me really proud to call myself a Rangers fan when total strangers will chip in to help the Armed Services,,, no other club like us.   WATP 

Well done to you sir. Budapest is a lovely city, lots of great sights and great food and drink. I intend to go back soon.

3 minutes ago, stevotrueblue said:

Well done on your run.

How busy is it there at this time of year?

Grab yourself a shot of Palinka to celebrate :guiness:

6 minutes ago, stevotrueblue said:

Good on you mate. ?? On a side note, when I went to Budapest I had to buy a pair of long johns, such was the chafing of my inner thighs from walking in the freezing cold. Red as a fire engine they were. So surprised to hear how warm it was.

1 hour ago, MasterD said:

Well done on your run.

How busy is it there at this time of year?

Grab yourself a shot of Palinka to celebrate :guiness:

Its still fairly busy,,, although that could be down to a lot of runners in for the marathon.  Havent been on any of the tours yet (other than what the mrs dragged me around on)  so will get a better idea next couple of days now .  The Parliament tour we tried to get in on Friday there was sold out mind. 

Palinka tom night i reckon ?

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, NOSURRENDERSTEFANKLOS said:

To save starting a new thread...... Away to Cala d’Or in Majorca and looking for a place to watch This weeks matches? Anyone with any idea on where best to go. 

It's good you were thinking about the environment by not starting a new thread, but mate the folk who know about bars in majorca aren't going to be clicking on a thread about bars in Budapest.