Gerrard

Lloyd

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

European football has been nice, as it has been greatly missed at Ibrox, but it's starting to show now through fatigue in the squad. Its still worth it with the €€€€ we have raked in. 

With regards to the League, it's hardly as if we are 10-15 points behind.

We have hit a sticky patch, I will get through it.

There's still a long long way to go.

I still believe that Stevie G is the right man for the job, we have got to give him time to show us that.

We can't keep changing managers and squads every 6 months. 

the new manager boost is well and truly over. Im far from pushing the panic button though as that's exactly what all our enemies want - change manager every 6 months, no progress etc

I did expect us to hit a rough patch - but thought it would be around xmas. However, if you factor in the euro run and add in those games and apply it to the domestic league, 23 games is around xmas time. We are fighting on too many fronts and dont have the squad or players for it.

He wanted a reaction from the players but he isn't going to get that by threatening them publicly in post match interviews. By all means do it in the dressing room, I think you could get away with that if you're a top manager at a top team like Ferguson but it can have a detrimental impact on the squad too like Mourinho. He criticised his players in public at Chelsea and eventually they stopped playing for him and the same could be said about Man U. 

1 hour ago, GRFC96 said:

He wanted a reaction from the players but he isn't going to get that by threatening them publicly in post match interviews. By all means do it in the dressing room, I think you could get away with that if you're a top manager at a top team like Ferguson but it can have a detrimental impact on the squad too like Mourinho. He criticised his players in public at Chelsea and eventually they stopped playing for him and the same could be said about Man U. 

Boo fucking hoo. If you can't take criticism from someone like Gerrard or the manager regardless of who it is then get the fuck out. And he wasn't humiliating them in public. Just telling them the inevitable truth if they don't produce they will be replaced. Gerrard is here for the foreseeable. Unless it gets worse than Pedro or something. 

19 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Boo fucking hoo. If you can't take criticism from someone like Gerrard or the manager regardless of who it is then get the fuck out. And he wasn't humiliating them in public. Just telling them the inevitable truth if they don't produce they will be replaced. Gerrard is here for the foreseeable. Unless it gets worse than Pedro or something. 

I never said he was humiliating them or that it wasn't the truth i said that could be why the players are not playing the way they can because they're pissed off that he 's criticised them in public which shouldnt be the case but thats what players are like nowadays. 

The goals have dried up, the midfield isn't creative but we still imo have a strong defense and goalkeeper. He needs to try and get back to using that strength.

If we've to have any chance of winning anything this season we need to basically go back to basics and keep clean sheets before anything and rely on our investments.

26 minutes ago, GRFC96 said:

I never said he was humiliating them or that it wasn't the truth i said that could be why the players are not playing the way they can because they're pissed off that he 's criticised them in public which shouldnt be the case but thats what players are like nowadays. 

In which case they should grow up. 

Why has the confidence gone completely is Gerrard expecting to much to soon

He's criticised every performance just about since he came in his interviews. 

Between being sloppy and not keeping the foot to the floor in games when we have been cruising. He's always picked out something.

It looks like the Bheggars' ropy patch is over- they are steam-rollering teams now so won't lose many more points and  consequently will probably win the League at a bit of a canter. 

Targets for Europe have been achieved so Gerrard therefore needs to finish second domestically to be guaranteed a second season - it really is as simple as that.

Archived