Goldson and Katic

MacBoyd

8 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I agree the manager should definitely be questioned over this. 

You can’t go from “I love him, absolutely love him” to not playing him in front of Worrall ffs 

Even if questioned would you expect a genuine answer?  If, as some of you suggest he's fallen out with the player, he'd never admit that in public. 

Also, the press did state that Worrall was given assurances he would play if a loan move happened.  

23 minutes ago, TMB said:

Even if questioned would you expect a genuine answer?  If, as some of you suggest he's fallen out with the player, he'd never admit that in public. 

Also, the press did state that Worrall was given assurances he would play if a loan move happened.  

That’s fine if he was given assurances but am sure those assurances were based on him actually performing to a half decent level. The fact is he’s had about 2 good games in 20. 

Gerrard seems like a very direct and honest guy so I’d expect a reasonably genuine answer 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

That’s fine if he was given assurances but am sure those assurances were based on him actually performing to a half decent level. The fact is he’s had about 2 good games in 20. 

Gerrard seems like a very direct and honest guy so I’d expect a reasonably genuine answer 

IF he was given assurances that he would play I'd wages that 'based on performance' had nothing to do with it.  He's came here for game time regardless of form.  Let's not forget, this is a player (rightly or wrongly) valued at £12m.

Gerrard seems to give the same kind of answers every manager does.  He's very political about it.  I wouldn't expect him to be bluntly honest as you expect with the media.