Goldson and Katic

MacBoyd

Agree. We need to get these two constantly playing alongside each other again. Gerrard likes to mix things about in defence though so there in lies the problem...

Oh aye, Worrall is a total donkey. Makes Konterman look like Maldini. 

1 minute ago, siamthedanger said:

Agree. We need to get these two constantly playing alongside each other again. Gerrard likes to mix things about in defence though so there in lies the problem...

Oh aye, Worrall is a total donkey. Makes Konterman look like Maldini. 

Can't be many teams in world football that change their centre backs as much as us.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He isn't. The constant rotation isn't making any of our defenders play very well though.

Sorry mate. He’s shite. Looks to me he has a bad attitude. Don’t think he realized Scottish football was so tough. Get the feeling he thought he could stroll it. 

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I mind thinking at the start of the season that we had finally sorted the base of our team out with them two and McGregor 

With the quality of tav and I assumed(and still hope) from barasic it looked a great defense.

It's frustrating as we looked to have this area sorted. Goldson and Katic were playing well together and the partnership was forming.

Then Worrall came in and its been constant changes ever since.

No CB pairing is getting an understanding without a run of games together. 

I agree with the OP Goldson and Katic is the best way foward. Worrall isn't going to be here past the season and has been rotten in the league when I've seen him. Mcauley is short term fix. 

Katic was the find of the season according to Stevie. 

Why is no one asking him wtf has happened to him. 

I’ve said it before on here if your going to rotate your CB’s then rotate them as a partnership. That said the basic errors we are seeing has very little to do with a partnership and just poor football, Stevie has to get to the bottom of that. 

Noticing that goldson is getting more and more pelters after each game now which is the most worrying thing for me seeing as he is clearly our best cb. Personally I would try and consistently pair goldson with mcauley until katic has worked through whatever problems he is having. Ideally would work towards getting a fixed back 4 of tav, goldson, katic and barasic with mcauley, flannagan and halliday as back up. Hopefully the management are working towards getting a consistent and standard back line so all this switching about stops. Worral for me is acceptable back up but just seems he wont be signed long term so get the signed boys in place asap. Thank fuck we have one of the most important positions nailed down in macgregor.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Katic isn't ready.

Worral and McAuley are ahead of him.

Personally I would stick with Worral but agree we should try to stabilise one partnership, whoever that may be.

If katic isn't ready what we doing spunking 1.5 mil on him? 

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Seen stats on FF this morning and it's pretty damming tbh. What I will say is though when he's been back in the team katic has been poor

Stats regarding Worrall or the defence in general?

6 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Stats were it's been katic and goldson then worral and goldson. All favour the katic goldson partnership 

Said it before mate. Not one of them is a centre half id be happy with. Worral is limited at best, katic gets the shitty end of the stick imo having to play left centre half as hes all right foot and tends to clear the ball into trouble in the middle of the park and goldson is awful. He continually drops deep to be free and leaves tav to cover the attacker and the winger. Tav and candeias have been covering for him all season.

One of the tabloids has a brief overview on line using the stats played together, clean sheets, goals conceded, and points dropped.

I would like to see goldson and Katic, I am sure Katic even chips in with a few goals here and there.

Goldson seems to get away with shite performances on here when he has cost us quite a few goals this season motherwell away moscow away sheep away and then again yesterday, we have kept 4 clean sheets in 14 games in the league this season has the defence really improved than last season? Other than the keeper I would suggest no it hasn't.