Goldson and Katic

MacBoyd

19 minutes ago, WATPWATP said:

ta, you too 

Haha. Went from "100% twat" and edited to it to this? You're having a shiter sweetheart.

Katic is a 6ft4 22 year old defender who has been capped by a world cup finalist team. The potential in the boy is huge. We should be playing and developing him as much as we can. These are the type of players who with their sell on value can get us competing with them again.

5 minutes ago, LochendBilly said:

Goldson and Katic should be the 2 main CB's with McAuley as back up, Worral can fuck off back.

It really is that simple. 

If Katic is having off field problems or just any problems it’s up to the management to get it sorted. He is our player and a huge potential future revenue income for the club. 

4th CB should the best we have in the reserves. 

23 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Haha. Went from "100% twat" and edited to it to this? You're having a shiter sweetheart.

Katic is a 6ft4 22 year old defender who has been capped by a world cup finalist team. The potential in the boy is huge. We should be playing and developing him as much as we can. These are the type of players who with their sell on value can get us competing with them again.

I done that because I didn't want to drop to your level mate. 

On 10/12/2018 at 11:34, .Williamson. said:

I mind thinking at the start of the season that we had finally sorted the base of our team out with them two and McGregor 

Spot on, was the best we’ve looked defensively for years, was nice to be finally watching a game and not shitting myself every time the opposition got near our box!

We can’t keep changing, the two cb’s are the most important partnership on the pitch, we’ve seen what happens when it’s constantly changing it just doesn’t work. Add to that partnership the gk who needs to have a good understanding with his defence and the same the other way it’s no wonder we’re conceding stupid goals.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

It really is that simple. 

If Katic is having off field problems or just any problems it’s up to the management to get it sorted. He is our player and a huge potential future revenue income for the club. 

4th CB should the best we have in the reserves. 

Exactly the managment team need to get this sorted and get Katic back in.

Start of the season with Goldson and Katic. We looked solid and they complimented each other well. We need to get that back and only a consistent run of games together will do it. 

Hopefully after the weekend the penny has dropped for the gaffer that constantly changing the back 2 isn't working.

I think of late the form of all our centre backs has been poor, even when Katic has come back into the side. 

That being said the question Gerrard needs to answer is why he split up the Goldson - Katic partnership when they were actually playing well. We had one of the best starts defensively to a season I can remember. Loan players are all well and good but ultimately we have a player we own on the verge of the Croatian first team. He is a big asset to our club going forward if developed correctly. Our job should be to develop our own players first and foremost, not develop players for Nottingham Forest to the detriment of our own. 

2 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

Has Katic hit the bevvy or something ?

Joking aside, I've wondered whether something has been said or gone on behind the scenes that Gerrard didn't like.  

Just shite daft speculation but its hard to understand why he's not got a look in for so long.

Hopefully the big man can get his confidence sorted if he gets a chance again.  Prefer him to Worrall who seems to think he's a superstar and puts in a shift in the glamour Europa ties but can't turn up against 10 men away at Dundee.

We’ve went from being solid at the back and only conceding the odd goal, to conceeeding nearly every game.

I genuinely remember being shocked/surprised if we conceded at the start of the season.

Gerrard needs to play for following back 4 every game unless injured:

Tav-Goldson-Katic-Barasic

Midfield should be:

Arfield-Jack-McCrorie

Forwards:

Candeais-Morelos-Grezda

Worrall is terrible imo. He is slow, he is terrible on the ball, and he does get beaten in the air as well. He loves going through a tackle to be fair to him.

He has been good for us in the European games against harder opposition, but I feel he is an accident waiting to happen and I truly hope that accident isn't tomorrow night.

Katic and Goldson were absolutely solid together start of the season - even against celtic where they effectively attacked us for a large majority of the match they were infront of absolutely everything. They looked like they just wanted to fight for every ball and every single goal against them broke their heart. I'm hoping Katic refinds his form but imo he wont do that without playing games.

I honestly think we have four good centre backs. If Worrall was pish we wouldn’t be in the position we’re in in the Europa league group. If Katic was pish we wouldn’t have got there. McAuley’s in the twilight of his career but he’s still better than pretty much every defender outside of our team, the scum and Scott McKenna. Goldson is the best of the lot. 

I really think the management have dropped the ball on this one, probably my main criticism of them is disrupting our back four and doing it so often. 

Few teams can get away with so much rotation in that area. Obviously injuries have played their part in disrupting form too but I really would have liked someone to ask Gerrard before now why he has chopped and changed so much there. I don’t understand why nobody has asked the question.

13 hours ago, TheHammer_WATP said:

We’ve went from being solid at the back and only conceding the odd goal, to conceeeding nearly every game.

I genuinely remember being shocked/surprised if we conceded at the start of the season.

Gerrard needs to play for following back 4 every game unless injured:

Tav-Goldson-Katic-Barasic

Midfield should be:

Arfield-Jack-McCrorie

Forwards:

Candeais-Morelos-Grezda

Jack and Mccrorie in the same team is the fear

13 hours ago, Copeland1983 said:

Joking aside, I've wondered whether something has been said or gone on behind the scenes that Gerrard didn't like.  

Just shite daft speculation but its hard to understand why he's not got a look in for so long.

Hopefully the big man can get his confidence sorted if he gets a chance again.  Prefer him to Worrall who seems to think he's a superstar and puts in a shift in the glamour Europa ties but can't turn up against 10 men away at Dundee.

Some cunt on the underground a few months back told me Katic refused to play against Livingston because of the pitch and Gerrard fell out with him about it.