January

Boyd9her

This is make or break month, get this right and we can win this league. We need 4/5 quality signings. I hope King and the board can deliver. Never thought I’d believe we could win the league this season, but Saturday proves it and SG deserves to be backed.

We can’t get too smug as the tarriers will spend and they have a ridiculously easy fixture list in January when the league resumes, while we play on plastic pitches and have some tough games.

Need to get this right next month! 

Just now, bluenoz said:

If we get Dorrans back soon and then possibly Murphy then I don't think we need 4 or 5. I would recall Hardie and it will interesting to see if Pena shows up to mini camp. 2 players to freshen things up.

When are Dorrans and Murphy due back?

Just now, DeanMK said:

No chance. We're challengeing with the squad we have. 2 more quality signings could take this squad to the next level. 

Our points total isn’t great just now and history shows 2nd part of season is tougher. Not sure if 2 will be enough unless they are much better than what we have. 

31 minutes ago, Boyd9her said:

This is make or break month, get this right and we can win this league. We need 4/5 quality signings. I hope King and the board can deliver. Never thought I’d believe we could win the league this season, but Saturday proves it and SG deserves to be backed.

We can’t get too smug as the tarriers will spend and they have a ridiculously easy fixture list in January when the league resumes, while we play on plastic pitches and have some tough games.

I think we'll see 3 at most mate. 2 midfielders and a striker. Fully expect Davis to be one of the signings. 

I hope the taigs do spend big in January. Rodgers transfer record is abysmal. His success is built on the players he inherited. If given free reign he'll sign garbage. 

Not a chance we are signing 4 or 5 players and we don't need that many. What we need is Kent and Barisic to stay fully fit along with everyone else and add 2 players on top of that. A creative centre mid who can score goals and a forward who can score goals. If we can sign another solid CB to partner Goldson that would be ideal but we don't need more than 3. 

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I think we'll see 3 at most mate. 2 midfielders and a striker. Fully expect Davis to be one of the signings. 

I hope the taigs do spend big in January. Rodgers transfer record is abysmal. His success is built on the players he inherited. If given free reign he'll sign garbage. 

Agreed we need better quality and creativity in midfield. The midfield 3 were excellent yesterday but we need more invention to break down these other teams who just sit in and we find difficult to break down.

39 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If we get Dorrans back soon and then possibly Murphy then I don't think we need 4 or 5. I would recall Hardie and it will interesting to see if Pena shows up to mini camp. 2 players to freshen things up.

I don't think that's enough mate .Really ..These 2 players will be few months before they are even remotely ready 

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I don't think that's enough mate .Really ..These 2 players will be few months before they are even remotely ready 

I agree with Murphy but I thought Dorrans was getting closer. We still need to sign the no 10 in January but it won't be easy. I also think we will sign at least one of the Americans.

1 hour ago, Boyd9her said:

We're Rangers, we need to get it right all the time.... end of story.

I don't think we have ever made as many as 5 January signings before, can't see us doing it now.

January signings don't tend to be quality players in general although there are gems to be found. But spunking money on 5 mediocre to good players would be insane. As SG keeps saying, he wants to add quality not numbers.