***The Official Rangers v Zeta Thread***

Muff

No, I disagree with you calling them little better than a pub team.

But then you said 'teams like Zeta' and 'performances like tonights' as if it was our own fault we did so poorly. And I agree (tu)

They strung better passing moves together than we did, and had a better box to box midfielder than anything we had on show.

They weren't world beaters by any stretch of the imagination, but your assessment of them is frankly disrespectful.

Oh, I professionally respected them of course, but to suggest a side like that is anything above a pub team seems to be self insuring more than anything else. Had Boyd scored, had we been 3-0 up after 15 minutes - would you have still considered them as way above a pub team? No, I believe you'd have been slagging them off with the rest of us.

My point was that if everyone at Rangers looks upon unknown opponents with the same attitude as that, we will continue to underestimate and be shown up by them.

We didn't underestimate, we just didn't perform.

They had one decent player and that was about it. How many crosses into our box from them did you count? I saw one - and I believe it's still on its way to Pluto.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations!You won the game.Zeta goalkeeper is maybe to young for this kind of match.But what to do,nothing is lost yet.Zeta played ok but they can do it better.They should attack last 15 minutes,but that second goal put them to the ground.It is all open 0-2 is not best result but with little bit of luck... :rolleyes: .

One more thing-temperature in Scotland was around 20 degrees celsius,right?Well average temperature in August in capital of Montenegro,Podgorica,is 40 degrees celsius,so I can say to you(litteraly):WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Best Regards!

you've said everything that i said during the game and more

our lack of mobility and creativity was frightening, it isnt rocket science.. we have better players on the bench than what were starting.. ANYONE with ANY sort of football knowledge can see that.

It was like eck was in charge again, it really was. players not being used properly. humphing high balls into no mans land.. a dreadfully woeful performance and we got lucky, with 2 embarassing goals.

We need to improve big time , regardless how early it is. In fact its not improvement in the team needed, its players on the bench who are better than the ones on the park to be playing from the start

Adam over Beasley... i just.. i mean...

jesus

And yes i was almost right, i did have a bad feeling about that game, and now its done with, i dont feel in a celebratory mood

Me neither. Just relieved.

It's beyond me that Thomson, Murray and Beasley did not start. I can't think of much else to say right now.

Congratulations!You won the game.Zeta goalkeeper is maybe to young for this kind of match.But what to do,nothing is lost yet.Zeta played ok but they can do it better.They should attack last 15 minutes,but that second goal put them to the ground.It is all open 0-2 is not best result but with little bit of luck... :rolleyes: .

One more thing-temperature in Scotland was around 20 degrees celsius,right?Well average temperature in August in capital of Montenegro,Podgorica,is 40 degrees celsius,so I can say to you(litteraly):WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Best Regards!

Welcome to the site and thanks for the kinds words. I was impressed with your style and speed. Too bad about the goalkeeper though...unfortunate.

Best Regards!

Believe me m8, some of us were walking into its front entrance after about 45 minutes today.

You guys didn't play above what I expected, but your central mid was a promising prospect.

Peace (tu)

Lets not panic about this. If Boydie sunk his two chances it was a comfortable win.

We have a decent lead to take over there, not ideal, but it should be enough.

Best Regards!

Welcome to the site and thanks for the kinds words. I was impressed with your style and speed. Too bad about the goalkeeper though...unfortunate.

Thank you!

Lets not panic about this. If Boydie sunk his two chances it was a comfortable win.

Theres every reason to panic. We only got those very early chances because the other side hadn't settled. Unfortunately, neither had we.

Once both teams settled, we did nothing to assure anyone that we'd be able to break down the likes of Inverness.

Hopefully its just a lack of competitive edge but I doubt that excuses the lack of creativity.

Theres every reason to panic. We only got those very early chances because the other side hadn't settled. Unfortunately, neither had we.

Once both teams settled, we did nothing to assure anyone that we'd be able to break down the likes of Inverness.

Hopefully its just a lack of competitive edge but I doubt that excuses the lack of creativity.

We do lack width, which will hopefully be sorted with the arrival of Whittaker.

Tonight's performance was far from perfect but 2-0 is a good lead to take over there and if we score 1 then they need 4 to knock us out. I'm pretty sure we will qualify. But should Boyd be dropped following his performances tonight?

boyd may well be dropped for the return leg, not because of missing a couple of opportunities, but because walter will opt for 4-5-1, and prob go for lee or sebo upfront on their own

Never easy to adjust to an unknown team in your first game of the season with the pressure of CL qualification being essential. On the other hand, if our guys don't show a bit more fire in future games, we are going to struggle - same story, different season as someone else said.

Tonight's performance was far from perfect but 2-0 is a good lead to take over there and if we score 1 then they need 4 to knock us out. I'm pretty sure we will qualify. But should Boyd be dropped following his performances tonight?

Not in my opinion. You let him bounce back. But give him the gears first.

not worrying at all, we could have put 5 past them with more luck...

some decent performances tonight, we have a good few new players and haven't gelled fully so i'm not gonna get stressed.

if zeta were the kinda team who didn't panic when they got near the box things could have been different, was very impressed with their number 10 tonight, looked a great prospect.

We were still far from great in the second half. But I really think we needed Novo's pace as it at least made it look like their was some form of urgancy about our play. If we have that from the start then the football will improve and also be more pleasing on the eye. Beasley has to be odds on to play on Sunday.

Boyd was poor. His fans always use the give him a chance and he will score excuse, but tonight he missed two guilt edged chances and against better opposition those chances MUST be taken. I honestly feel that in European games a partnership of Buffel and JCD would be the best way to go. JCD appeared to make runs that I think Buffel would thrive on and their movement would cause other teams all sorts of problems.

2-0, i said 2-1 but im suprised at how we played.

First competitive game, i wouldnt read too much into it, its over now we got the 2-0, who cares how we played, as long as we get better, which im sure we will.

Ok guys I've got to get this off my chest you won't like it but here goes -

WTF is with the slagging of Adam could u's do a better job out there week in, week out?? Come on lay off the guy give him a chance

Rant over *goes to lock door and hide in anticipation of backlash*

WTF is with the slagging of Adam could u's do a better job out there week in, week out?? Come on lay off the guy give him a chance

so tell us what did adam do tonight which was decent? yes he's young but his decison making and final ball is awful, i support adam and for a 20 year old he does not deserve half be flak he gets, but i'd hav had him of long before halftime tonight ps where was beasley????

Adam was awful, even his strengths (deep crosses) with terrible tonight