***The Official Rangers v Zeta Thread***

Muff

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

we never deserved to lose... but put it this way if they could do anything in the final 3rd we might have been in trouble. thankfully they were shocking in that department. will look for improvement for the weekend and what about big claudes cheesy grin after the goal :P

A wins a win, 1st competitive game of the season against an unknown quantity will always mean theres jitters we have Inverness away on Saturday and a game against them will blow away the bobwebs thats for sure

I know i just hate those Bobwebs!!!!!!!!!! :pipehorse:

Sebo never got given a chance really.... 5 minutes, and they just wasted the time with passing the ball about.

Sebo and beasley to start next game imo.

Get boyd n adam off. Show boyd he's not indispensible.

A wins a win, 1st competitive game of the season against an unknown quantity will always mean theres jitters we have Inverness away on Saturday and a game against them will blow away the bobwebs thats for sure

I know i just hate those Bobwebs!!!!!!!!!! :pipehorse:

doh

*takes a very large tranquiliser*

That Zeta team was frankly one of the worst teams I've seen at Ibrox in recent memory, and we should have buried them in the first 15 minutes. I told you guys they were little more than a pub team, but we contrived to make incredibly heavy work of a game we should have had sewn up before half time.

We were hopeless in front of goal, and I doubt Boyd will ever have a worse game for us than he had tonight.

Hutton was also off colour, and when he committed a stupid foul in the first half I began to realise his appalling rash temperament, the only flaw in his game, was gonna bite him in the ass, and it did. He's an idiot.

Adam...well, what can I say. Sorry guys, I'm highly emotional right now, and as a Rangers player, I intensely dislike him. He's not good enough for us, and tonight showed just how woeful he is. It appalled me to see him start, and makes me wonder why we have signed a cracking player like Beasley when the exact games he'd thrive in, like these, he is left to rot on the bench in place of a player whose distribution, shooting...everything is simply embarrassing.

Hemdani also had a rank awful match - 2 in a row now, and quite what Nevin was on about saying his tackling was great is simply beyond me - he was pitiful including very poor passing, again.

The goals were shambolic, but I take anything after that game. Indeed, the best we played was when we got the second - finally relaxed and dominated.

No one was especially good for us tonight, albeit Cuellar was having a great one till we lost Hutton, and he had to rather sacrifice himself at times for the team.

All in all, thank God it's over, thank God we scored a couple, and the question is does WS know what he's doing when it comes to Europe? My earlier concerns about his ability at that level are rearing their ugly head again. Starting Adam? wtf was he thinking?

/blundering, incoherent rant over.

(btw, Laudrup - you were almost bloody right :()

Guest The Brown Brogue

That Zeta team was frankly one of the worst teams I've seen at Ibrox in recent memory, and we should have buried them in the first 15 minutes. I told you guys they were little more than a pub team, but we contrived to make incredibly heavy work of a game we should have had sewn up before half time.

We were hopeless in front of goal, and I doubt Boyd will ever have a worse game for us than he had tonight.

Hutton was also off colour, and when he committed a stupid foul in the first half I began to realise his appalling rash temperament, the only flaw in his game, was gonna bite him in the ass, and it did. He's an idiot.

Adam...well, what can I say. Sorry guys, I'm highly emotional right now, and as a Rangers player, I intensely dislike him. He's not good enough for us, and tonight showed just how woeful he is. It appalled me to see him start, and makes me wonder why we have signed a cracking player like Beasley when the exact games he'd thrive in, like these, he is left to rot on the bench in place of a player whose distribution, shooting...everything is simply embarrassing.

Hemdani also had a rank awful match - 2 in a row now, and quite what Nevin was on about saying his tackling was great is simply beyond me - he was pitiful including very poor passing, again.

The goals were shambolic, but I take anything after that game. Indeed, the best we played was when we got the second - finally relaxed and dominated.

No one was especially good for us tonight, albeit Cuellar was having a great one till we lost Hutton, and he had to rather sacrifice himself at times for the team.

All in all, thank God it's over, thank God we scored a couple, and the question is does WS know what he's doing when it comes to Europe? My earlier concerns about his ability at that level are rearing their ugly head again. Starting Adam? wtf was he thinking?

I disagree with your opinion on Zeta.

That is the kind of arrogant attitude that seems to run through the club when it comes to playing teams like Zeta, and causes performances like tonights.

I agree.

Hemdani and Adam were shambolic.

That is the kind of arrogant attitude that seems to run through the club when it comes to playing teams like Zeta, and causes performances like tonights.

Wait a minute? So you agree they were crap and it was our own fault we didn't bury them?

I agree completely sir.

Am I the only one dissapointed me only won 2-0

No, it should have been at least 5. But the point is I'm mildly relieved, given our abject overall display, that we have a cushion to take to Montenegro.

Am I the only one dissapointed me only won 2-0

Course not, I'd have loved us to have humped them, but these things happen in qualifiers, they're not going to make it easy for us because we are the bigger club, but a 2 0 win is not all bad news :pipegreen:

Zeta played like an SPL team against us. 10 men behind the ball then breaking quickly when they win the ball.

We never looked likely to break them down.

That is a big, big worry.

Guest The Brown Brogue

Wait a minute? So you agree they were crap and it was our own fault we didn't bury them?

I agree completely sir.

No, I disagree with you calling them little better than a pub team.

They strung better passing moves together than we did, and had a better box to box midfielder than anything we had on show.

They weren't world beaters by any stretch of the imagination, but your assessment of them is frankly disrespectful.

My point was that if everyone at Rangers looks upon unknown opponents with the same attitude as that, we will continue to underestimate and be shown up by them.

you've said everything that i said during the game and more

our lack of mobility and creativity was frightening, it isnt rocket science.. we have better players on the bench than what were starting.. ANYONE with ANY sort of football knowledge can see that.

It was like eck was in charge again, it really was. players not being used properly. humphing high balls into no mans land.. a dreadfully woeful performance and we got lucky, with 2 embarassing goals.

We need to improve big time , regardless how early it is. In fact its not improvement in the team needed, its players on the bench who are better than the ones on the park to be playing from the start

Adam over Beasley... i just.. i mean...

jesus

And yes i was almost right, i did have a bad feeling about that game, and now its done with, i dont feel in a celebratory mood