Kent

22 minutes ago, Bears&Reds said:

It will depend on two things; What Kent wants and who comes in for him. If Kent makes it clear he wants to stay here then that would force Liverpools hand a little. If a deal is to happen I don't see it being done until the end of pre-season. From the Liverpool point of view i would imagine they would hope to get him out on loan to a PL team which would increase his value for a potential sale the following summer, plans were supposedly in place to loan Harry Wilson to Leicester next season to see how he performs as PL level and to raise his value but with Brenda now there the plug has been pulled on it.

I tried to make this point either.  I think we can offer Kent stability and place to develop and grow as a player for a few years.  Tavernier was very much a journeyman before coming here and you can see how he’s improved over the years and now clubs from down South are interested.  I do think Rangers are a great place for young talent to develop before chasing the big money.

8 minutes ago, TMB said:

If you take Morelos out the team Kent is probably our best attacking asset.  It often looks to me like he’s a level above the rest of his teammates.  A lack of creativity from midfield no doubt limits his goal scoring opertunities.  Having said that, I think his return in terms of goals and assists has been pretty reasonable.

I’d agree with most of that I just think he needs to provide more goals, his shooting especially from outside the box is absolutely woeful at times

Depending on how long he's got left on his contract I think he'll be back next season, working with Gerrard and being one of his truly trusted players must give young Liverpool players the ultimate thrill, I'd imagine at this stage in his career he'll be desperate to stay for at least another year.

You only really see how reliant we are on Kent when he’s out injured or off form. 

He brings a completely different dynamic to the team with his all round quality & awareness. 

If only we could get a left back who he could work in tandem with then I think we’d see an improvement in him & our offensive/defensive play down the left.