***Official Rangers v Kilmarnock Thread***

5 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

For the scum games Gerrard needs to somehow instil in the defensive resolve we had for most of the European games.   Avoiding a smashing in these games must be a top priority.   I know we played them off the park at Ibrox (literally in Kent's case in the move to set up the goal), but since the start of the year the form and performance slump has been horrendous.  It needs to halted.

As it has been on the recovery journey its about money is it not?    Alongside a progressive building of side from the existing pool of players we need some much better quality creative and goal scoring players.  That'll take money and a good bit of luck to find the right sort of affordably players that can make immediate improvements to the team and help replace Morelos' goals after he moves on.   Surely the Board can see this will be needed.     They need to redouble the efforts to bring money into the Club if they want to be able to sit there during a 150th anniversary season in a few years time looking at a Rangers side that genuinely is challenging for - and winning - a league title, and is winning cup trophies again.  

I'd take a draw at the piggery right now.

The only chance we have IMO is if they vastly underrate us, unlikely given they'll be hurting like fuck from the NY game.

Any resemblance to a solid, hard to beat team from the EL qualifiers is long gone.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

McGregor, Katic, Kamara, Morelos, pass marks. Everyone else utter dug shite. Morelos goal was a peach. 

When I see Coulibally in a starting line up, we are dropping points. Then paired up with Davis, double trouble.

A special mention of our Captain not so marvel Tav. Double utter dug shite. He needs to gtf. Gerrard's achilles heel.

Cannae agree WI McGregor mate, he was atrocious at there goal. 

1 minute ago, BlueAvenger said:

Just back from the game. Like a few others I feared a draw and another fuckin awful performance.  Fuckin clueless yet again 

Yet in his post match interview SG - whilst acknowledging at least twice that we conceded a poor goal - thought that overall the team were "nearly" there today.

Wow.   That's looking at it through a very optimistic lens imo.   Very optimistic indeed.

Acknowledging also that he admitted that 'nearly' is not good enough at Rangers.

The team is in a form slump.   Being nearly there - even if folks agreed with his assessment - does not arrest that sort of slump.    It just means form and results continue to slip away. 

2 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Yet in his post match interview SG - whilst acknowledging at least twice that we conceded a poor goal - thought that overall the team were "nearly" there today.

Wow.   That's looking at it through a very optimistic lens imo.   Very optimistic indeed.

Acknowledging also that he admitted that 'nearly' is not good enough at Rangers.

The team is in a form slump.   Being nearly there - even if folks agreed with his assessment - does not arrest that sort of slump.    It just means form and results continue to slip away. 

Nearly there...we are fuckin miles away 

1 hour ago, GA1972 said:

He’s fucking chronic mate said it when people were pining for us to sign him 

Bang average during his first spell and way past his prime now 

:tu: Was completely the wrong signing at completely the wrong time. 

1 hour ago, MasterD said:

We failed to win 5 games in December, before he signed.

Drop in form was well underway.

..........We all knew he was coming? :dunno:

25 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Cannae agree WI McGregor mate, he was atrocious at there goal. 

Looked a bit suspect at the sheep's first goal too, but maybe that's me being overly critical. Like him or not, he's been outstanding in the main for us this season, so one or two poor games is understandable. Couldn't come at a worse time though! 

48 minutes ago, gogzy said:

He is a rookie manager in his first season, he has taken a completely rebuilt team to within an inch of the knockout stages of the CL on about a 10m total spend and is still in 2nd place in the league. Let's just right him off as pish though.

I must have missed that.

Wee Rhys loved all the swearing. And he turned to me 5 mins before half time talking about world class players...and how they take risks..but he felt the Rangers players won't take risks. I turned to him and said "your spot on wee man. Plus we have a born losers for a captain who is shit scared of his own shadow.

A 10 year old boy can see what is fucking wrong with us. Mind you at the very least he has learned that "supporting your team is for life ...not just for Christmas" 

Couldn't believe he has asked to come back again. So we will be back. 

Archived