Rangers - Media Coverage

jbm26896

27 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

To be fair, I'll give you that, although I hadn't specifically read those reports.  But in a way it reinforces the point.  As others have pointed out, there was no follow up articles, no "go to" commentators and no political views sought, as was the case when Clarke spoke out.  Are we to rely on the press and the politicians only to get involved when someone complains?  Similarly, as I mentioned, McInnes and McCanns experiences were reported and quickly left aside.  

And with respect to the BBC?  Well, a 10 second sentence and then on to how Broony was a saint and he did nothing wrong.

If the reality is that we want to get rid of all this "sectarianism" that's a blight on society, then the press really do have a duty, and as the BBC promised, they'd be all over reporting and calling it out.  So why aren't they?

You're conflating two different things. Had Gerrard publicly referenced the chants in the same way clarke had then there would've been the same rush to be offended from people that see political capital in being offended.

When Boyd mentioned it, it brought the same condemnation as Clarkes and the whole thing got put into a tidy wee bundle and pushed as a problem on both sides.

Tbh, I can't even remember McInnes'. It probably helped that presumably  wasn't quite as dramatic about it as clarke was.

The BBC are a nonsense and as long as we're in a formal dispute with them we'll not get a fair crack of the whip. I can't say it surprises me in the slightest. But as I've said previously there's a way about going dealing with that and it isn't bleating on a forum. Iirc even @Courtyard Bear didn't find fault in the way I detailed it before.

13 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Why aren’t your pals in SNP??? 

They are in power, they have the power to tell the SNP leadership to level the playing field.  

Seem to have touch a nerve with you and the SNP. 

They do, like every political party, what the majority of who vote for them want. If there's a 'media bias' how do the SNP (or any political party) for that matter change it?

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They do, like every political party, what the majority of who vote for them want. If there's a 'media bias' how do the SNP (or any political party) for that matter change it?

So we agree there is no parity when it comes to the so called sectarianism problem.

They could change it by calling out every incident in the same way, the media would have no option but to start playing with a straight bat. 

But as you say they are more interested in keeping their seats than actually tackling any problem. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So we agree there is no parity when it comes to the so called sectarianism problem.

They could change it by calling out every incident in the same way, the media would have no option but to start playing with a straight bat. 

But as you say they are more interested in keeping their seats than actually tackling any problem. 

Every party use it to their own ends with no actual desire to do anything. When they do speak up they know it will appeal to enough of their core to gain them some brownie points. Jack McConnell started it all off with his anti-sectarian nonsense and it's been ridden into the ground ever since.

On 11/04/2019 at 15:44, OhW said:

What a shame, poor wee soul, what kind of world do we live in when scum bastards resort to sending messages to a wee girl who is terminally ill, sad sad people indeed!