How fucking good was it..

scottyc06

Never really rated him. For the most part of "the journey" he was brutal, then he had a wee purple patch when Warburton came in, then he went back to being a bang average player. I never thought he was captain material either.

That being said, I think he's been treated shockingly by the club especially when we've seen some of the guys that walked away being brought back into the side and treated like heroes (except Lafferty who has been an embarrassment of a signing).

He deserved one last run out at Ibrox to say goodbye to the fans and I think that was it today. Doubt we'll see him again.

Gerrard on Wallace: 

"He has had a very good week in training, trained really well, really strong and he had 45 minutes against Liverpool's under 23s and was outstanding. He was in the 18 on merit today and I just thought with the scoreline how it was right to go to a five and go a little bit more solid. He deserved his appearance, it was nothing to do with sentiment."

Obviously you can take that with a pinch of salt and - if we're really honest - he probably wouldn't have been subbed on if it wasn't for some degree of sentimentality but it's also very telling that, while players like Grezda and Barisic who have their careers ahead of them are slacking, Wallace is still giving his all in a bounce game and training hard. Another example of Wallace being a model professional who gives his all for the club. 

I think it's very likely he'll be off to Hearts at the end of the season but, if Gerrard sees the value, I'd be all for offering him a year extension as backup LB with a via to moving into coaching (which is his medium-term goal anyway). 

16 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Never really rated him. For the most part of "the journey" he was brutal, then he had a wee purple patch when Warburton came in, then he went back to being a bang average player. I never thought he was captain material either.

That being said, I think he's been treated shockingly by the club especially when we've seen some of the guys that walked away being brought back into the side and treated like heroes (except Lafferty who has been an embarrassment of a signing).

He deserved one last run out at Ibrox to say goodbye to the fans and I think that was it today. Doubt we'll see him again.

This. Was always bang average. Undeniable legend of a man and legend of the club but a very average footballer. His body movement always seems so awkward. 

That said that fucking peach of a goal against the tarriers in the 3-2 game was a thing of beauty and a magic memory for a long time as a Rangers supporter. 

On 29/04/2019 at 12:18, rangersross said:

Gerrard on Wallace: 

"He has had a very good week in training, trained really well, really strong and he had 45 minutes against Liverpool's under 23s and was outstanding. He was in the 18 on merit today and I just thought with the scoreline how it was right to go to a five and go a little bit more solid. He deserved his appearance, it was nothing to do with sentiment."

Obviously you can take that with a pinch of salt and - if we're really honest - he probably wouldn't have been subbed on if it wasn't for some degree of sentimentality but it's also very telling that, while players like Grezda and Barisic who have their careers ahead of them are slacking, Wallace is still giving his all in a bounce game and training hard. Another example of Wallace being a model professional who gives his all for the club. 

I think it's very likely he'll be off to Hearts at the end of the season but, if Gerrard sees the value, I'd be all for offering him a year extension as backup LB with a via to moving into coaching (which is his medium-term goal anyway). 

This is bang on. Let's be honest he knows his Rangers career has a matter of weeks left but he still gave everything, and by all accounts turned in a very good performance, in a bounce match against a Liverpool youth side. Speaks volumes about his attitude. 

21 minutes ago, Queensferry Bear said:

This is bang on. Let's be honest he knows his Rangers career has a matter of weeks left but he still gave everything, and by all accounts turned in a very good performance, in a bounce match against a Liverpool youth side. Speaks volumes about his attitude. 

Aye - having an attitude of professionalism like that around is worth its weight in gold. That's why I hope he makes it back as a coach at some point. Much rather have that spirit here than the attitude of those who hung him out to dry because he didn't want to accept a thumping from the filth lying down. As if the loss itself wasn't bad enough we decided to capitulate again by punishing the players who actually cared about it. 

2 hours ago, rangersross said:

Aye - having an attitude of professionalism like that around is worth its weight in gold. That's why I hope he makes it back as a coach at some point. Much rather have that spirit here than the attitude of those who hung him out to dry because he didn't want to accept a thumping from the filth lying down. As if the loss itself wasn't bad enough we decided to capitulate again by punishing the players who actually cared about it. 

listen, I never rated Lee Wallace really. He's had decent spells probably his first 6 months.

Watch the scum mauling 5-1 - the game he went off his nut at...  he was clearly at fault for their second (fucking jogging back instead of bursting a gut) their fourth (gives the player who crosses from the left back position WAY too much space) and he decided to try and mark the player the center half should have picked up for their fifth, not entirely his fault though tbh)

Watch the video, and ask yourself did he have any right to kick up fuck..............  

he'll not be coaching at Rangers, more likely Hertz

sorry if this upsets a few but Wallace needed to look at his own game that day instead of blaming management and others..

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

listen, I never rated Lee Wallace really. He's had decent spells probably his first 6 months.

Watch the scum mauling 5-1 - the game he went off his nut at...  he was clearly at fault for their second (fucking jogging back instead of bursting a gut) their fourth (gives the player who crosses from the left back position WAY too much space) and he decided to try and mark the player the center half should have picked up for their fifth, not entirely his fault though tbh)

Watch the video, and ask yourself did he have any right to kick up fuck..............  

he'll not be coaching at Rangers, more likely Hertz

sorry if this upsets a few but Wallace needed to look at his own game that day instead of blaming management and others..

Mate, that's a whole season before the game he went nuts :lol:

It was the 4-0 semi last season, he wasn't even playing.