Seating Advice at Ibrox

I'm buying my brother in law and nephew (4) tickets to one of the friendly games at Ibrox (probably Marseille), but having only ever bought tickets for myself I'm not sure where the best place to sit would be for a small child. Any advice?  I thought Row A might be good as they could see everything (albeit not the whole pitch but they get the idea) but I'm not sure.

I would ordinarily go for the Family section but it seems to be unavailable (I'm assuming because they don't expect capacity). 

6 minutes ago, GoramsLeftThumb said:

I'm buying my brother in law and nephew (4) tickets to one of the friendly games at Ibrox (probably Marseille), but having only ever bought tickets for myself I'm not sure where the best place to sit would be for a small child. Any advice?  I thought Row A might be good as they could see everything (albeit not the whole pitch but they get the idea) but I'm not sure.

I would ordinarily go for the Family section but it seems to be unavailable (I'm assuming because they don't expect capacity). 

Middle of the stand going up is your best bet, it's rotten sitting either at the very front or back. 

I'd go back of the Govan Front. Close enough for the wee ones to see the faces of the players, but far enough back to get a good idea of the bigger picture. 

Dont remember having trouble seeing when I was wee.  You'd just move a little to keep an eye on the ball. If he's really wee then front of the Govan Rear maybe?

19 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I'd go back of the Govan Front. Close enough for the wee ones to see the faces of the players, but far enough back to get a good idea of the bigger picture. 

Dont remember having trouble seeing when I was wee.  You'd just move a little to keep an eye on the ball. If he's really wee then front of the Govan Rear maybe?

That's true. All the Rear stands are closed.

Definitly go a bit higher, a kid will have trouble seeing the full width of the pitch properly from the first few rows of the Govan/SJ front. Plus, if it's raining the first 5-6 rows can get hit... also keep in mind that if it's a sunny day you'll need sunglasses and maybe a hat for him plus sunscreen. It can get brutally hot in those sections mid afternoon.

The Goven rear is a good shout. Oversees the pitch and players. I was in the Govan front 2 rows from the front and found it was not the best with my wee fella. He was up and down all through the game. 

6 minutes ago, GoramsLeftThumb said:

I have everything as showing unavailable above the front stands 🤨

I’ve tickets for Oxford and Marseille and I’m SJ rear

checked the website and it’s saying just the club deck closed for “operational reasons “

🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’ve tickets for Oxford and Marseille and I’m SJ rear

checked the website and it’s saying just the club deck closed for “operational reasons “

🤷‍♂️

Season ticket thing? I was going to get family stand tickets but just assumed it was closed because they didn't expect a full house.

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Sold out perhaps?

Nah, wouldnt sell out in that way.

They normally try to encourage folk into the front tiers in the first instance for whatever reason. To make the crowd seem less sparce, I assume. 

The OP should try phoning the TO for a rear seat. 

16 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Back row in the Govan front mate wee man will be able to stand up to see with no moaning faced cunts sitting behind him.  

I know the feeling. 😁😁

5 hours ago, GoramsLeftThumb said:

Row A is a terrible shout IMO

Think its about below level so kids might have a stretch to see 

I'd suggest right in the middle of GF4 or similiar or right behind a goal and up a bit in BF3 or CF3 if you think seeing a goal right infront of them will enhance their experience 

As above, i'd go for somewhere in the Broomloan due to the better atmosphere providing the UB are there and not moved down to the Copland. (As they were for one game i was at while nursing a savage hangover, fucking fredders i was).

At, at least crossbar height but the downside is that you need to hope we score all our goals in the 1st half 😄