Defoe loving life at Rangers

TheCutch

Nice interview that.

I like the texts saying "speak to the manager".  Can only imagine the type of footballing talent he texts with :lol:

Most may be a bit on the old side, but him and Gerrard could probably convince some pretty big players at the end of their career to come for one last crack at glory.  Hard to compete with some of the big offers out there for older, big named players though.  MLS, Dubai etc.

Attitude achieves more than ability in football, lost count of the times I’ve wondered how genius football  players have had such poor seasons and on the other hand said the same about players with very limited ability, how the fuck have they managed to steal a living out of football for so long

but when you have ability and the right attitude the sky’s the limit as to how far you can go in the game.

you still need a bit of luck with injuries etc and to take the right advice tho

1 hour ago, gogzy said:

Nice interview that.

I like the texts saying "speak to the manager".  Can only imagine the type of footballing talent he texts with :lol:

Most may be a bit on the old side, but him and Gerrard could probably convince some pretty big players at the end of their career to come for one last crack at glory.  Hard to compete with some of the big offers out there for older, big named players though.  MLS, Dubai etc.

Financially yes. But some of the things players will experience with us just can't be bought with any amount of money. 

Frank De Boer came here on 5k a week when we still had players on 25k plus a week. I know he wanted to play again with his brother but there was more than that there too. 

Just now, magic8ball said:

Financially yes. But some of the things players will experience with us just can't be bought with any amount of money. 

Frank De Boer came here on 5k a week when we still had players on 25k plus a week. I know he wanted to play again with his brother but there was more than that there too. 

Completely agree mate.  There will be very good players out there that would most likely take a smaller wage to be a Rangers player.

It's finding those players, Defoe may well be able to help with that.

9 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Completely agree mate.  There will be very good players out there that would most likely take a smaller wage to be a Rangers player.

It's finding those players, Defoe may well be able to help with that.

His words can only be a good thing. And as tea total he won't be enticing players for party time 

10 hours ago, magic8ball said:

If you are meaning Lafferty then I have to disagree. Lafferty no doubt gets it. But just doesn't have the ability to be a Regular starter for us. 

A bit like me. I would run all day and all night for the team. But sadly I'm far too shite 

When Lafferty came back he spoke about how he had grown up and matured as a person.  A few weeks later it’s revealed he was sending dick pics to random lassies on Twitter.  The guy is just a bellend.

I was at a charity event at Ibrox several years back and Walter Smith was talking about his time at Rangers.  He said some players aren’t the brightest and mentioned Kyle Lafferty specifically. 

58 minutes ago, TMB said:

When Lafferty  America back he spoke about how he had grown up and matured as a person.  A few weeks later it’s revealed he was sending dick pics to random lassies on Twitter.  The guy is just a bellend.

I was at a charity event at Ibrox several years back and Walter Smith was talking about his time at Rangers.  He said some players aren’t the brightest and mentioned Kyle Lafferty specifically. 

Maybe he had matured. Just not to a man in his 30s. All relevent to his mentality. 

He was never good enough for us. The only time he ever showed anything was towards the end of the season during his first spell. If he could have played to that level all his career he would have been some player. But sadly you could count him as an empty Jersey until the end of March