What do you think of us tactically?

KeyserSoze

So it’s clear from watching us in 9  games. We are playing  different-  a patient (slow) game. Different from last seasons up tempo football   Possibly because of the parking the bus problem 

i don’t like it and it will bite  is in the arse. 

The full-backs need to be more positive.  Get wide and fire balls in to the box.  Barisic and Tavernier can do it but today they say to deep or we’re passing back the way.  We need these two driving at full-backs and making things happen they’re effectively wingers.

I actually think we are okay tactically as we tend to dominate most games, just need that extra bit class in creating and converting chances from crucial areas, which is more down to teamwork, ability, awareness and confidence. 

Gerrard spot on today when saying the game was compressed and untidy, partly due to Kilmarnock squeezing the pitch in. 

Prevented our defenders playing it out from back, and any of our wide players would have had no space. He suggested to counter these games he is expecting more goals froms set pieces, and cross  balls and Katic and Goldson have proved the point so far. 

Barisic is scared to risk, he is keeping it simple without doing anything wrong. Even his crosses, his bread and butter are average lately. And Tav is not the dynamic force going forward so far this year.

It's very well playing the Liverpool way but we don't have  Robertson or  Arnold to be good at it.

Just now, bluenoz said:

Barisic is scared to risk, he is keeping it simple without doing anything wrong. Even his crosses, his bread and butter are average lately. And Tav is not the dynamic force going forward so far this year.

It's very well playing the Liverpool way but we don't have  Robertson or  Arnold to be good at it.

Barisic looks like a player terrified to try something simple and looks like his confidence is shot as well. Thank fuck he doesn't read here on a daily basis 

Just now, bluenoz said:

We're also missing out on Salah and Mane up front as well. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

but the point is if we play with no width, our full backs have to act like wingers at times. I'm not seeing it.

The Liverpool way is really mane and salah playing almost as forwards with the full backs as you said giving them width. 

Regularly last season we had Kent and Candeias hogging the touchline leaving Morelos isolated in the centre. 

Looks like we will have the same problem this season with ojo and possibly Kent if we manage to get him back.

For me our formation relies on the 2 wide players being very narrow like Arfield was late on last season and we looked arguably our best all season. 

Just my thoughts and opi ions on it

It's fine knocking the ball about at the back IF it's drawing the opposition out but when they're determined to sit in,the game becomes stimmied. We need to move the ball quicker forward,whether it's wide or down the middle.I do think the pitch played it's part but we were just not up to standard imo,lacking pace,creativity and determination.

In saying all that,a wins a win,onward and upward.