Flanagan injury

7 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Barisic should have played against celtic anyway. No disrespect to Flanagan but he’s horrendous when we are in possession. 

I could see Gerrard point he didnt want Forest running at Barasic, proved right in a sense as Flanagan actually nullified the wee flasher.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Hope he's available for Feyenoord cause that clown at LB today will get destroyed by them and katic cannot always cover for him like he did today. 

Halliday proved yesterday that he can't shoot, he can't cross, he can't even defend.  He should be nowhere near the Rangers first-team.

If Barisic is fit on Thursday he must play.

Basically I see Catholic players crossing themselves as just an indication they believe in a god and a religion, an d use him as a sort of good luck charm, the same way many practising protestants put a faith  and hope in their god. They're just more openly expressive about it. 

I think we also assume that most footballers are very secure and worldly wise, so should n't need anything which we perceive as mumbo-jumbo ourselves but in fact players are just ordinary people  with all the range of insecurities of ordinary  people.

As long as it is not intended to provoke then most sensible people should have no problem with it.