***2019 Rugby World Cup Thread***

JC10

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite Saturday being the best I’ve ever seen England play (IMO shading their 2003 win over NZ in Wellington) I don’t think this side is better than the 2003 team, although it is better than the 2007 side.

South Africa are not as good as their 2007 side.

France and Australia are shadows of the sides they are capable of being. Ireland never lived up to the hype. NZ not as good as 2011 and 2015.

Not a great tournament in all honesty.

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Despite Saturday being the best I’ve ever seen England play (IMO shading their 2003 win over NZ in Wellington) I don’t think this side is better than the 2003 team, although it is better than the 2007 side.

South Africa are not as good as their 2007 side.

France and Australia are shadows of the sides they are capable of being. Ireland never lived up to the hype. NZ not as good as 2011 and 2015.

Not a great tournament in all honesty.

I think you're over critical. I always thought England would be thereabouts as they're technically superb and have strength in depth and it was no surprise to me to see them beat NZ. I think SA will give them a very hard game and it will be tight but that England will overcome. As for the tournament itself it whittled down more or less to the cream with the semi's being fought out by the teams most might have predicted would. 

England v South Africa will be an excellent finale. 

11 hours ago, Blueray said:

I think you're over critical. I always thought England would be thereabouts as they're technically superb and have strength in depth and it was no surprise to me to see them beat NZ. I think SA will give them a very hard game and it will be tight but that England will overcome. As for the tournament itself it whittled down more or less to the cream with the semi's being fought out by the teams most might have predicted would. 

England v South Africa will be an excellent finale. 

I just don’t think any of the sides have been amazing that’s all. There’s been two outstanding Rugby performances in the tournament - England v NZ and NZ v Ireland.

England have been the consistently best team although South Africa will provide a strong test.

The All Blacks were probably at their weakest in about 20yrs at this tournament - although still top level - they probably are at the low ebb of a player cycle. Better All Blacks sides have also failed to win the world cup. It was a great performance from England though.

I don't think any top team at this tournament has been good enough to be beyond a below par performance, or a few unlucky breaks changing a match. I don't think there are any truely great sides in world rugby just now, and it's made for an interesting tournament.

Archived