Cost of our starting 11. Peanuts!

billythebear1986

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

So you’re saying that it’s hard to get excited about doing exactly what we need to do to get out of debt, because we’re in debt?

What's shown we are doing what we need to do? Who have we sold on for a big profit and brought in an equal replacement for less money? 

Speculation is all we have on current squad. 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The thread is about the cost of the squad. I've suggested it's current value is 4 times what it cost. Simple speculation? What do you speculate the value is of last nights starting 11, go on, give a figure, break it down?

At a negative tangent you're greeting about the fact we've not sold players for huge profit, 10m etc...... whilst saying elsewhere we shouldn't be selling our best players.

You sound like an SNP politician tbh. 

And all I’ve suggested is what we think they are worth and what our club manage to get for them knowing our track record can be two totally different things. 
What I said elsewhere is we can’t gut our squad every chance we get to balance the books and hope we can find replacements at the drop of a hat. 
In fact just sellIng Alfie will cause us serious problems to find a replacement. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

And all I’ve suggested is what we think they are worth and what our club manage to get for them knowing our track record can be two totally different things. 

What do you think they're worth, could be sold for in today's market?

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

More or less what you said. 
But what the 2 of us reckon they should be sold for and what the club who regularly under sell our players are very different. 

So the starting 11 squad is worth 3 or 4 times its accumulated cost, the Board have not sold our best players, not sold any squad/peripheral player we wanted to keep (bar Gilmour), theyve not undersold any since Gerrard has been here but you're critical of them and it's all failing?

Come on.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So the starting 11 squad is worth 3 or 4 times its accumulated cost, the Board have not sold our best players, not sold any squad/peripheral player we wanted to keep (bar Gilmour), theyve not undersold any since Gerrard has been here but you're critical of them and it's all failing?

Come on.

The point I made was what we think they are worth and what the club actually sell for has been very far apart 99% of the time. 
We all reckon Buff is worth 30mill at least, do you actually have confidence that we will sell for that price. 
That is what I’m saying. 
Going on our track record whatever we think the squad is worth then half it at least by the time the club undersell whoever leaves. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The point I made was what we think they are worth and what the club actually sell for has been very far apart 99% of the time. 
We all reckon Buff is worth 30mill at least, do you actually have confidence that we will sell for that price. 
That is what I’m saying. 
Going on our track record whatever we think the squad is worth then half it at least by the time the club undersell whoever leaves. 

We've been more guilty of paying up contracts than undervaluing players in the last decade.  Which players have we sold more recently at half value or less? 

Seems you're critical of how little we've made off players, say youd congratulate the Board when we've sold at big profit, yet dont agree with us selling our best players. Guess until we sell peripheral squad players we're not bothered by for 10m profit you'll find some means of negativity over positivity.

2 hours ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

Hard to get excited about our team costing peanuts when we are still in loads of debt. 

Need to keep up the clever player investments to allow it to continue but it is really impressive that we have  a team at the standard we do on such a small budget by comparison.  

What debt mate 😂

37 minutes ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

What's shown we are doing what we need to do? Who have we sold on for a big profit and brought in an equal replacement for less money? 

We’re in the very early stages of the process - largely because we haven’t won anything yet - the selling and replacing bit will come in the summer.

And I don’t think it’s speculation to suggest that the likes of Morelos, Jack, Kamara, Aribo, Kent etc. would command healthy profits, even if we sold them right now.

1 minute ago, Ger_onimo said:

We’re in the very early stages of the process - largely because we haven’t won anything yet - the selling and replacing bit will come in the summer.

And I don’t think it’s speculation to suggest that the likes of Morelos, Jack, Kamara, Aribo, Kent etc. would command healthy profits, even if we sold them right now.

I get that mate. My main concern is selling all our best players to make a profit but having no one to replace them to challenge for league. 

1 minute ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

I get that mate. My main concern is selling all our best players to make a profit but having no one to replace them to challenge for league. 

Of course, the signing policy needs to be consistently good, but I’m fairly happy with the work done so far.

To take 2 massively simplified examples: we buy Morelos for £1m, we sell him for £20m, we bank £10m, we spend £10m on a replacement. We buy Kamara for 50k, we sell him for 5m, bank 2.5m, replace him for 2.5m.

If we continue to spend wisely then I don’t see why that’s not sustainable, while improving the playing squad year on year.

53 minutes ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

This is like watching the tims argue Gerrard has done fuck all because he hasn’t won anything yet. 

12 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Of course, the signing policy needs to be consistently good, but I’m fairly happy with the work done so far.

To take 2 massively simplified examples: we buy Morelos for £1m, we sell him for £20m, we bank £10m, we spend £10m on a replacement. We buy Kamara for 50k, we sell him for 5m, bank 2.5m, replace him for 2.5m.

If we continue to spend wisely then I don’t see why that’s not sustainable, while improving the playing squad year on year.

The trouble was Morelos who we will make money on was bought by Pedro and we  have probably spent 15 million paying off his duds and him and his backroom staff so overall we are not going to make as much as we think.

You cant just state the good buys while ignoring the Grezda's and the Penas as they all eat up any profit we do make.

4 hours ago, billythebear1986 said:

McGregor -free, Tavernier 500k, Goldson 3mil, helander 3.5 million, barasic 2 million . Jack -free, Davis- free , Kamara 50k Kent 7 million , Morelos 1 million, Barker - free total 17 million - Kent only 10 million spent! Add Free deals for Aribo, Arfield, Jordan jones and Defoe the recruitment has been unreal! Only real waste of money by Gerrard has made is  Grezda! Think the recruitment has been underestimated since Gerrard has came in! He obviously has a lot more to say on the players that are coming through the door! 

Borna was more like £1.5m I think and Tav was 200k. Outstanding

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Simple question. We sell Alfie in Jan for 10 to 20 million we would make huge profit on him, will you congratulate the Board?

If we sold him for less than 35 million then the board should be fucking shot at dawn .

3 hours ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

Hard to get excited about our team costing peanuts when we are still in loads of debt. 

Need to keep up the clever player investments to allow it to continue but it is really impressive that we have  a team at the standard we do on such a small budget by comparison.  

Loads of debt? What debt?

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The CDM Danilo is an outstanding player.

Especially for the price they paid

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Simple question. We sell Alfie in Jan for 10 to 20 million we would make huge profit on him, will you congratulate the Board?

Depends, do the board get slated for signings like lafferty and grezda? 

9 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Depending on if I answer yes or no re Lafferty/ Grezda, that influences whether the Board get praise for selling Morelos at huge profit in Jan?

I dunno, i dont care today tbh, i just thought id ask, tbh i wouldnt praise or criticise any board fkr signings (normal boards) as it's the scouts, the manager/DoF who have the full say

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We've been more guilty of paying up contracts than undervaluing players in the last decade.  Which players have we sold more recently at half value or less? 

Seems you're critical of how little we've made off players, say youd congratulate the Board when we've sold at big profit, yet dont agree with us selling our best players. Guess until we sell peripheral squad players we're not bothered by for 10m profit you'll find some means of negativity over positivity.

Then time will tell won’t it and if they get top dollar for whatever players they sell you can come back on here and say I told you so. 
As for the last decade the largest shareholder and a few around him go back more than a decade to a time when the club was a financial basket case. Yet some seem to think they will suddenly snap their fingers and we will be making Millions from player sales, the same men who gave Pedro a job and spunked millions on his shit show of a squad. 

The throw away piece at the end demeans  you mate stick to debating the facts like you always do. Tell me something to be positive about in the accounts that won’t need fixed by selling our biggest asset in the summer.  

20 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Then time will tell won’t it and if they get top dollar for whatever players they sell you can come back on here and say I told you so. 
As for the last decade the largest shareholder and a few around him go back more than a decade to a time when the club was a financial basket case. Yet some seem to think they will suddenly snap their fingers and we will be making Millions from player sales, the same men who gave Pedro a job and spunked millions on his shit show of a squad. 

The throw away piece at the end demeans  you mate stick to debating the facts like you always do. Tell me something to be positive about in the accounts that won’t need fixed by selling our biggest asset in the summer.  

Robertson has said previously we would be looking for 20m plus (he compared figured to that of a sold scum player). I'd say Morelos stock has risen since then. Gerrard says we wont sell him in Jan. Whatever we get for him will be incredible profit on 1m spend. Theres no getting away from it. Positive stuff, unless you say hes worth 50m and complain if we only get half that of course.

Pedro failed but shouldn't have been backed. Is that what you're suggesting? Which scottish club hasn't made mistakes in managerial appointments?

Loans were converted into shares. Revenue was up. Theres 2 for you. There's positive stuff all round the club if not blinded by negativity.

Archived