Cost of our starting 11. Peanuts!

billythebear1986

McGregor -free, Tavernier 500k, Goldson 3mil, helander 3.5 million, barasic 2 million . Jack -free, Davis- free , Kamara 50k Kent 7 million , Morelos 1 million, Barker - free total 17 million - Kent only 10 million spent! Add Free deals for Aribo, Arfield, Jordan jones and Defoe the recruitment has been unreal! Only real waste of money by Gerrard has made is  Grezda! Think the recruitment has been underestimated since Gerrard has came in! He obviously has a lot more to say on the players that are coming through the door! 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So who have we sold for considerably more than we spent on them. 

Value is the price potential, not that already achieved mate. By the OPs calculations we've spent 17m, are you saying the value of our starting 11 isnt 4 times that?

1 minute ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

Hard to get excited about our team costing peanuts when we are still in loads of debt. 

Need to keep up the clever player investments to allow it to continue but it is really impressive that we have  a team at the standard we do on such a small budget by comparison.  

We don't have any debt. 

2 minutes ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

Hard to get excited about our team costing peanuts when we are still in loads of debt. 

Need to keep up the clever player investments to allow it to continue but it is really impressive that we have  a team at the standard we do on such a small budget by comparison.  

Huh?

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

In contrast, Porto's starting XI cost around 48.11m:

Marchesin 6.48

Manafa Nominal

Pepe Free

Marcano 2.7

Mbemba 4.19

Telles 5.85

Danilo Perreira 4.05

Otavio 2.25

Uribe 8.1

Corona 9.45

Tiquinho Soares 5.04

Two of their three subs cost 6.3 and 7.65 too.

The CDM Danilo is an outstanding player.

4 minutes ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

Aye, if we win 55 i’ll not be celebrating due to the losses flagged up in accounts.

43 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Value is the price potential, not that already achieved mate. By the OPs calculations we've spent 17m, are you saying the value of our starting 11 isnt 4 times that?

Good so no one. 
When they do start making money on the sale of players then I will congratulate them until then it’s simple speculation. 

40 minutes ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

Aye the 5 million recurring losses has put a real dampener on just about everything we've achieved over the last 18 months under Gerrard.

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Good so no one. 
When they do start making money on the sale of players then I will congratulate them until then it’s simple speculation. 

The thread is about the cost of the squad. I've suggested it's current value is 4 times what it cost. Simple speculation? What do you speculate the value is of last nights starting 11, go on, give a figure, break it down?

At a negative tangent you're greeting about the fact we've not sold players for huge profit, 10m etc...... whilst saying elsewhere we shouldn't be selling our best players.

You sound like an SNP politician tbh. 

47 minutes ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

How else do you expect a football club to get out of debt? Acquiring good players on the cheap, winning things, and then selling them for a profit is literally the only way to solve that problem.

Between jack , alfredo and tavernier I would expect 60 million.

They are that good and the prices are that inflated right now that the ajax model of bringing through or recruiting cheap and selling on after a year or two for silly money is the way to go.

Years ago I think we got 8 million for barry ferguson.

Id expect 30 at least if he was playing these days.

35 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Good so no one. 

Simple question. We sell Alfie in Jan for 10 to 20 million we would make huge profit on him, will you congratulate the Board?

Archived