Jump to content

Rangers Colts in Irish League ?


Elfideldo

Recommended Posts

Na I’d rather we went for a setup similar to the Spanish where our B teams compete in the proper leagues and can go as high as the championship.

Good luck trying to convince all the wee bitter bastards in Scotland about the footballing and economic benefits of it though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

No chance, mostly due to political and religious reasons.

And on the football side, whilst the Northern Ireland teams could probably provide a sound financial argument, the Northern Irish FA would not be happy at potential loss of jurisdiction, and would it benefit grass roots football in Ireland ?

 

Would expect our colts to eventually be admitted in to the Scottish league, similar to "B" teams in Spain and Germany. No brainer in my opinion, but would expect other clubs with academies and strong youth set ups to be competing with a youth team (under 21) in the lower leagues too.  

One other suggestion though, if we pushed it I wonder if England would allow and welcome a colts or under 21 Rangers team in to their under 21 leagues, just for the competition ?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, tannerall said:

No chance, mostly due to political and religious reasons.

And on the football side, whilst the Northern Ireland teams could probably provide a sound financial argument, the Northern Irish FA would not be happy at potential loss of jurisdiction, and would it benefit grass roots football in Ireland ?

 

Would expect our colts to eventually be admitted in to the league, similar to "B" teams in Spain and Germany. No brainer in my opinion, but would expect other clubs with academies and strong youth set ups to be competing with a youth team (under 21) in the lower leagues too.  

One other suggestion though, if we pushed it I wonder if England would allow and welcome a colts or under 21 Rangers team in to their under 21 leagues, just for the competition ?

 

 

Some NI League members trying to push for an all-Ireland league,I'm told this isn't going down well as the NI team would disappear in favour of an all-Ireland team :UK:

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, tannerall said:

No chance, mostly due to political and religious reasons.

And on the football side, whilst the Northern Ireland teams could probably provide a sound financial argument, the Northern Irish FA would not be happy at potential loss of jurisdiction, and would it benefit grass roots football in Ireland ?

 

Would expect our colts to eventually be admitted in to the league, similar to "B" teams in Spain and Germany. No brainer in my opinion, but would expect other clubs with academies and strong youth set ups to be competing with a youth team (under 21) in the lower leagues too.  

One other suggestion though, if we pushed it I wonder if England would allow and welcome a colts or under 21 Rangers team in to their under 21 leagues, just for the competition ?

 

 

In what way?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Blumhoilann said:

Some NI League members trying to push for an all-Ireland league,I'm told this isn't going down well as the NI team would disappear in favour of an all-Ireland team :UK:

It would take the teams in the north years to catch up with the teams in the south.

There's Linfield played Dundalk about a week ago and Dundalk absolutely wiped the floor with them 7-1 over two legs :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

It would take the teams in the north years to catch up with the teams in the south.

There's Linfield played Dundalk about a week ago and Dundalk absolutely wiped the floor with them 7-1 over two legs :lol:

Why would the teams in 'the north' want to and endanger their own National team?

'The north' is very taigish is it not?

Link to post
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

In what way?

I deliberately did not expand on this as most Gers fans know fine well what I'm saying, especially those from Ulster itself. 

Also expected someone to try wind the subject up, without any real insight, ignoring the football arguments.

Welcome to the thread. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, tannerall said:

I deliberately did not expand on this as most Gers fans know fine well what I'm saying, especially those from Ulster itself. 

Also expected someone to try wind the subject up, without any real insight, ignoring the football arguments.

Welcome to the thread. 

I'm from Ulster itself and have absolutely no idea what you mean

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Blumhoilann said:

Why would the teams in 'the north' want to and endanger their own National team?

'The north' is very taigish is it not?

There's no danger to the national side and the league's won't merge.

No. It's the north of Ireland no matter how you look at it 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

There's no danger to the national side and the league's won't merge.

No. It's the north of Ireland no matter how you look at it 

Absolute bollocks,anyone from the PUL community would NEVER describe NI as 'the north of Ireland',that's Donegal,one of the 3 lost counties.

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

They should be allowed to enter the lowland league and work up from there. It's a joke that the sfa can't see how this would benefit Scottish football. 

It's nothing to do with the SFA. Its an SPFL decision. They've put it to clubs several times and it's been voted down several times. More clubs are coming around to it though and it's only a matter of time before it happens.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...