Milne is offski. Ditching Aberdeen.

BillyG91

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50522558

Aberdeen chairman Stewart Milne is to step down from his post at the helm of the Pittodrie club.

Milne, 69, has held the position at the Scottish Premiership side for 22 years.

The impending departure comes just three weeks after former manager Sir Alex Ferguson opened Cormack Park, the north east club's new £12m training facility.

Aberdeen have said they will not comment on speculation regarding Milne's future.

However, with their annual accounts due out at some point over the next week, an announcement is likely over the coming days.

The news comes amid weeks of speculation about possible major changes in the Dons boardroom.

While it is unclear what they will be, vice chairman Dave Cormack is almost certainly going to have a major role to play moving forward with the Atlanta-based businessman having already attracted significant US investment in to the club.

The biggest challenge for whoever takes Milne's place will be generating the estimated £50m needed to build their proposed new stadium on the outskirts of the city.

Looks like Milne isn't going to get the council funding for this stadium, and all the benefits of building property on the old pittodrie. Most Aberdeen fans I knew when I lived up there, were against the new stadium plan anyway. The site is too far out and in the middle of nowhere and is more convenient for the away support coming off the bypass.

I heard that Milne will be completely away in January, as cormack takes full reigns, cormack is looking at calling in favours he is owed from folk he helped make millions in America, thay is where any future funding will be coming from. There is currently no money available to build the new stadium, unless stateside investment comes in. Was told about Milne at dinnertime yesterday 

10 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Looks like Milne isn't going to get the council funding for this stadium, and all the benefits of building property on the old pittodrie. Most Aberdeen fans I knew when I lived up there, were against the new stadium plan anyway. The site is too far out and in the middle of nowhere and is more convenient for the away support coming off the bypass.

Correct.  I stay in Aberdeen, it will be shit for the sheep.  The first year or so it might do well, but the novelty of the new stadium will wear off very quickly and the support will dwindle. It will affect all the older support who will have their routines of drinking in town and walking down to the game. Milne is just screwing over the support to make some money in houses on the land at the beach 

Any financial input is welcome no matter who you are but the noises coming out of there are laughable. Finances to level the playing field with the old firm or something along those lines. Matching the turnover gap would take about £30m a year 😂

3 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

Ex Aberdeen player Stephen Glass is manager of Atlanta Utd 2nd team. Wouldn’t surprise me if McInnes gets the sack and Glass replaces him with a few of their fringe 1st team players  coming to play for Aberdeen. 

It's not as simple as that, each player will be subject to UK work permit restrictions - this isn't an en masse player loan deal and let's be honest, the standard of MLS fringe players isn't likely to be any better than the average SPL player(Polster for example). This is simply a PR exercise from Cormack, very little will become of it.

18 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Is it just me or have they been failing to find funding for this stadium for about a decade?

Milne was expectingon the council to significantly part fund it, likely allowing him to sell pittodrie for some high priced flats for him as part of a deal. ACC were completely skint (oil capital as well!! that's another story about huge defecit in school funding and museums/libraries at the time), and wouldn't commit to it back when it was first proposed - and that still looks to be the case now.

Archived