No fight what so ever......again

BigBearButt

Nothing to do with tactics or formations.

Our players simply don't have enough ability. The midfield 3 are defensive midfielders who don't have the agility, pace, technique, movement, two footedness etc to break teams down. Aribo at right wing is an absolute joke. The only part of our team that I would say is solid is the back 4.  The front 6 requires a lot of work in the transfer market!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Gerrard hadnt had the type of career he did as a player he wouldbt be granted the time and goodwill he has as a manager. Consistantly his teams have pulled up short of the target and we have had repeated calls to judge after a few transfer windows. Well for me today it shows that his transfer dealings are poor at best and his team selection seems to be based on "we cannae be bad every week".   Over the last two windows we have signed squad players at best and today instead of taking the oppertunity to replace Kamara (who has looked lost over the last two games) with the boy Hagi and give the kid a chance over 90 mims instead of 20odd minutes at the end of a turgid affair, he decides to roll the dice with Ojo first.  Kamberi should have started up front with Morelos and went witha flat midfield 3 or 4 as we knew Aberdeen were going to be hard to break down and  one up against them just doesnt work.  Said before he has a Premier League mentality where a defeat or draw doesnt have to be the end of the world as most teams down there are capable of taking points off each other, up here its a different story. You need to not just win but win every week in a certain style to keep the fans on your side and any slip up instantly brings pressure.  Today wasnt the turning point, that was last week when through absolute stupidity we gave ourselves the task of having to win every game to have a chance of the title. That defeat meant we were playing catch up from the off and instead of piling pressure on they scummy cunts we have effectively let them off the hook.  Kamara can get to fuck anytime and take Ojo and Barker with him , Davis has to stop dropping so deep that he'll be in goal next week and I would drop fucking Goldson as he is up there with Alves and that other portuguese diddy we had at centre half

Im fuckin gutted tonight and im gutted for the fact my wee boy and some of his pals have to go  to school and listen to tarrier pish about how great their team is.  Spineless cunts, the lot of them 

16 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

We dont rely, he just makes us alot better. And he not just "one player" he is our captain, free kick taker etc.. tav scores a free kick today if is playing

Tav has scored about 1 free kick in the past 2 years.

16 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

We have a guy that scores free kicks in the side , and when we get one the ball is took off him..............

Yip but they were all on the wrong side for barisic, n Cosgrove was standing on the end of wall, so it had to be a right footer

13 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

He also needs to show some passion standing on the sidelines. Too passive for me. 

It wouldn't do , him getting negative headlines mate . Not good for his career

I'm actually fed up with his non criticism of officials and some other things

4 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

If Gerrard hadnt had the type of career he did as a player he wouldbt be granted the time and goodwill he has as a manager. 

Understand the frustration but that's too fucking far imo.

Wildly underestimated by so many cunts that the pull of Gerrard is what's allowing us to be even close to competing with them cunts given their head start in squads, far more money they're spending on transfer fees and a third more or whatever it is now on wages.

Just now, eejay the dj said:

It wouldn't do , him getting negative headlines mate . Not good for his career

I'm actually fed up with his non criticism of officials and some other things

Same thoughts here mate.  What could be the worst thing to happen if he went tonto on the sidelines?  

15 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

If Gerrard hadnt had the type of career he did as a player he wouldbt be granted the time and goodwill he has as a manager. Consistantly his teams have pulled up short of the target and we have had repeated calls to judge after a few transfer windows. Well for me today it shows that his transfer dealings are poor at best and his team selection seems to be based on "we cannae be bad every week".   Over the last two windows we have signed squad players at best and today instead of taking the oppertunity to replace Kamara (who has looked lost over the last two games) with the boy Hagi and give the kid a chance over 90 mims instead of 20odd minutes at the end of a turgid affair, he decides to roll the dice with Ojo first.  Kamberi should have started up front with Morelos and went witha flat midfield 3 or 4 as we knew Aberdeen were going to be hard to break down and  one up against them just doesnt work.  Said before he has a Premier League mentality where a defeat or draw doesnt have to be the end of the world as most teams down there are capable of taking points off each other, up here its a different story. You need to not just win but win every week in a certain style to keep the fans on your side and any slip up instantly brings pressure.  Today wasnt the turning point, that was last week when through absolute stupidity we gave ourselves the task of having to win every game to have a chance of the title. That defeat meant we were playing catch up from the off and instead of piling pressure on they scummy cunts we have effectively let them off the hook.  Kamara can get to fuck anytime and take Ojo and Barker with him , Davis has to stop dropping so deep that he'll be in goal next week and I would drop fucking Goldson as he is up there with Alves and that other portuguese diddy we had at centre half

Im fuckin gutted tonight and im gutted for the fact my wee boy and some of his pals have to go  to school and listen to tarrier pish about how great their team is.  Spineless cunts, the lot of them 

Fantastic post and spot on mate

19 minutes ago, gersfc86 said:

Nothing to do with tactics or formations.

Our players simply don't have enough ability. The midfield 3 are defensive midfielders who don't have the agility, pace, technique, movement, two footedness etc to break teams down. Aribo at right wing is an absolute joke. The only part of our team that I would say is solid is the back 4.  The front 6 requires a lot of work in the transfer market!

So it's the formation then. You usually play a formation that suits the players at your disposal..... We do not. We play the same way regardless who plays. It's why defoe looks like a passenger as we play as if it's morelos up from. Warburton 101 stuff

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Understand the frustration but that's too fucking far imo.

Wildly underestimated by so many cunts that the pull of Gerrard is what's allowing us to be even close to competing with them cunts given their head start in squads, far more money they're spending on transfer fees and a third more or whatever it is now on wages.

Mate, hes absolutely clueless regards team selection  and tactics when plan A doesnt work. I done more getting to the game today than Kamara and Ojo yet its Katic who carried the can again for Gerrard. 

On your point about the pull Gereard has on signings, who has he really and i mean this sincerely, who has he brought who operates at another level than we could have got? Kent? Maybe but he wasnt exactly pulling up trees in his previous loan spells, Defoe? not that i dont rate the guy but hes at the arse end of his career and he has been given the chance to play in front of 50k every other week. 

Just like you say dont underestimate the pull of gerrard, dont underestimate the pull of playing in front of full houses. 

4 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Same thoughts here mate.  What could be the worst thing to happen if he went tonto on the sidelines?  

He gets sent off most likely . I honestly feel he doesn't want to make any enemies at best , or hurt his career at worst . It is a little of both no doubts

14 minutes ago, DiamondDan said:

Barisic was anonymous, no desire to get forward today. Delivery was shite.

Katich was honking but until today has been treated as the second coming by the fans whilst Goldson (who is far superior) gets pelters.

Folk moaned about Tav and I always said to be careful what you wish for- huge loss. Poster not got it.

Davis, Aribo and Kamara basically assured of a start and they're not cutting the mustard. When the going gets rough they go missing.

Kent- shite. Legend in his own head.

Morelos indiscipline has fucked it again this season. Led to defoes Injury and he was miles off the pace today.

Who is Katich and Poster? 

2 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Mate, hes absolutely clueless regards team selection  and tactics when plan A doesnt work. I done more getting to the game today than Kamara and Ojo yet its Katic who carried the can again for Gerrard. 

On your point about the pull Gereard has on signings, who has he really and i mean this sincerely, who has he brought who operates at another level than we could have got? Kent? Maybe but he wasnt exactly pulling up trees in his previous loan spells, Defoe? not that i dont rate the guy but hes at the arse end of his career and he has been given the chance to play in front of 50k every other week. 

Just like you say dont underestimate the pull of gerrard, dont underestimate the pull of playing in front of full houses. 

Although I disagree with much of it, that's a reasonably balanced post in terms of the other side of the argument so to speak.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He needs to come out and slaughter them.

Fuck this keep it behind closed doors, while they pick up their thousands a week for that shite

Not into personal public slaggings tbh. He needs to come out and drop three of them. Without action, all the bollickings in the workd will change nothing.

Too many guaranteed a place and cruising, whilst others just have the shitebaggery and will win us nothing.

He needs to send the meaningfull message by taking action, as thus far he's sending out all the wrong ones in keep picking the worst offenders and that can demoralise those who are giving their all. Every player needs pushed for a jersey and that just doesn't happen under Stevie, which is surprising knowing the player he was.

9 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Wouldn’t be the first manager to get sent off. The officiating is beyond a joke. 

Said as much the other day 

On paper Dallas could be ok 

After giving us 3 pens last year .The fall out from that clearly affected his performance today 

Let the sheep away with everything ,more or less 

Archived