Docherty

GOAT

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, HG5 said:

No, dead on.

If Doch comes back looking like Christie....

(obv not a jug eared, monkey like thing)

And pleased for Murphy to be doing a great turn for Burton, especially after his injury troubles, but would be much better if he was doing it at Killie or back at ‘Well.

Exactly my point mate. Good example Christie with the sheep and molumbu with killie, Allan the rat bastard with hibs there are countless more but fucked if I can remember. Other than Christie they have no intention of bringing them back he was just a bonus but it made them teams stronger against the whole league bar then. 

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I think he is at Bradford with Stuart McCall.

Yes, although not appeared yet, according to wiki.

Shame we weren’t having this discussion last night - been with a Bradford ST holder this afternoon & I could have made some enquiries....

11 minutes ago, HG5 said:

No, dead on.

If Doch comes back looking like Christie....

(obv not a jug eared, monkey like thing)

And pleased for Murphy to be doing a great turn for Burton, especially after his injury troubles, but would be much better if he was doing it at Killie or back at ‘Well.

Just showed some hibs highlights on a view from the terrace, just about everything that they create docs at the heart of it. 
edit : I’m talking shite that footage was from years back ha ha more mangled than I thought 😂

Just now, 1690tamRFC said:

Just showed some hibs highlights on a view from the terrace, just about everything that they create docs at the heart of it. 
edit : I’m talking shite that footage was from years back ha ha more mangled than I thought 😂

It’s been a good week - you’re entitled to ‘relax’ a bit!🍻

1 hour ago, don logan said:

The much maligned Greg Docherty. Shone at Shrewsbury and doing the same at Hibs. Attitude is totally spot on and has the ability to be a great player. We let him go at our peril.

Yeah I agree mate. I know some see him as just a workhorse but I honestly believe he’s got much more than that 

43 minutes ago, TMB said:

I don't think there's a strong Docherty following on here.  First half of the season our strongest midfield three was Davis, Jack, and Kamara.  Aribo was getting a lot of game time, and although inconsistent, everyone can see there's a very talented footballer in there.  I can't recall anyone on here claiming Docherty deserved a place in that midfield three.  Loaning the boy out to get some game time made sense perfect in January.  Docherty is grabbing this opportunity with both hands and making a strong case to be brought back and given a chance which is what you want to see.

I also want Katic to do well here as I'm sure everyone does.  I thought he was brilliant in the U21 Championships, looked our best CBs at the start of the season, and he scored a fantastic winning goal at celtic park in December.  But, he was shocking against St.Johnstone and deserved to be dropped.  Edmundson has took his opportunity and deserves to keep the jersey now.  

Edmundson was great on Wednesday night but he was a bit all over the place against Hamilton away, his passing that day was horrific and it was his wayward 5 yard pass to barisic that lead to his injury. Not against him though as he is young with limited chances and looked solid enough defensively, but Katic has mostly been the same over a longer period. Has admittedly been dog shit last few outings though. 

2 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

I’m fairly sure he’s in the development squad again for some reason 

As you’ve noted with Ozblue’s post, seems like he’s within 25 miles of me😂

I’ll have a word with my BCFC supporting mate & see if I can find out more....

6 minutes ago, HG5 said:

As you’ve noted with Ozblue’s post, seems like he’s within 25 miles of me😂

I’ll have a word with my BCFC supporting mate & see if I can find out more....

Still surprised that McCall is back there. In fairness they shouldn’t have replaced him last time, they went into free fall after he went. 

23 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Yes, although not appeared yet, according to wiki.

Shame we weren’t having this discussion last night - been with a Bradford ST holder this afternoon & I could have made some enquiries....

Played twice mate, 61 and 79 minutes according to flash scores 

4 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Still surprised that McCall is back there. In fairness they shouldn’t have replaced him last time, they went into free fall after he went. 

Yes - still the local hero, with plenty of goodwill, from what I can gather. 
Young Hardie has a chance to make it harder for him today!

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

Arfield has been a bit better recently tbh. 

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Think with the system we play Arfields graft and Defensive discipline gets him the nod.

2 hours ago, Canabear said:

Plus his first touch has to be better than Arfields, every first touch by Arfield turns into a 50/50 ball with the opposition.

15 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Really

9 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Nonsense. Docherty wouldn’t be able to get near the level of performance Arfield put in on Wednesday night. 

Arfield's been poor all season up until the last month or so, Docherty has done well at Shrewsbury now putting a shift in at Hibs, just putting the point out there. 

Also find it hilarious that the management team dont think his close control and passing is upto standard yet continually played the likes of Ojo for months on end :lol:

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Arfield's been poor all season up until the last month or so, Docherty has done well at Shrewsbury now putting a shift in at Hibs, just putting the point out there. 

Also find it hilarious that the management team dont think his close control and passing is upto standard yet continually played the likes of Ojo for months on end :lol:

Yes - would be good if the reasons they give match what we see.....

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I agree to a certain extent. But arfield has been good since he’s sorted his betting shit out.

I remember the first time I seen docherty a couple of seasons ago, I said he’s the best box to box since Stuart McCall. He really deserves a chance.

Archived